Are you concerned about the rate at which Nigerians lose their lives due to the consumption of expired foods, drugs, cosmetics, and some imported illicit and counterfeit which are detrimental to the body is quite alarming, and you want to do something? Getting through with NAFDAC Recruitment 2023 successfully brings the opportunity you need to your doorstep.
In a nutshell, NAFDAC, a federal body, helps check illicit and counterfeit products in Nigeria. These products include food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, chemicals, and packaged water in Nigeria.
Right from its inception, NAFDAC has contributed to a larger extent in combing
So, if you want to join the NAFDAC to help comb one of the biggest Nigerian problems, you think you have what it takes.
This is a piece of advice…..!
Don’t be in hist to close this tab because this article will give you insight about the NAFDAC Recruitment Application form, NAFDAC recruitment portal and other relevant information you need to help you in this NAFDAC.
Quickly scroll below to see an overview of what to expect.
Table of contents
- What is the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) All about?
- What Does NAFDAC Do?
- Has NAFDAC Made any Achievements so far?
- What is NAFDAC Organisation Like?
- Getting NAFDAC Certification?
- NAFDAC Salary Scale
- What is NAFDAC Recruitment Portal about?
- What NAFDAC recruitment 2023 requirement?
- How can I apply for NAFDAC Recruitment 2023
- What Will I gain?
- Contact NAFDAC
- We Also Recommend
What is the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) All about?
NAFDAC, under the Federal Ministry of Health is a body responsible for regulating and controlling some activities.
However, these activities include manufacture, importation, exportation, advertisement, distribution, and sale. And also the use of food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, chemicals and packaged water in Nigeria.
Thus, the formation of NAFDAC in 1993 was first moved by the World Health Assembly 1988 resolution. The resolution requests countries’ help in combating the global health threat posed by counterfeit pharmaceuticals.
Hence, the formation was more triggered when over 150 children died from paracetamol syrup containing diethylene glycol in 1989.
In addition, the NAFDAC has a vision and mission that drives them towards achieving their goals. Thus, below is the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control’s vision and mission.
The Vision of the agency is “Safeguarding Public Health”.
The mission of NAFDAC is to safeguard public health by ensuring that only the right quality drugs, food, and other regulated products are manufactured, imported, distributed, advertised, sold and used in Nigeria.
Also, their Core Values are
- Ensure availability of efficacious and good quality NAFDAC-regulated products.
- Also, Maintain reference laboratories of international standards.
- And also, to promote an effective and efficient well-motivated and disciplined workforce.
Do you want to know about civil Defence? check out Civil Defence Recruitment: Portal, Requirements, Salary and Ranks
What Does NAFDAC Do?
Thus, According to the enabling decree, the NAFDAC has various basic functions that it was authorized to do. These functions encompass the following
To start with, the core function of this agency is to regulate and control the importation, exportation, manufacture, advertisement, and distribution.
Also, They control the sales and use of drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, packaged water, and chemicals
Moreso, this body takes care of inspection of imported foods, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled water, and chemicals. And also, they establish a relevant quality assurance system.
However, this includes certification of the production sites and of the regulated products.
Also, NAFDAC oversees the registration of food, drugs, medical devices, bottled water, and chemicals.
In addition, they control the exportation of food, drugs, medical devices, bottled water, and chemicals. Note they also issue quality certification
Basically, NAFDAC carries out tests on the effective control of the quality of food, drugs, cosmetics, packaged water, and chemicals.
Also, they ensure compliance with standard specifications designated and approved by the council for the
They also investigate the production of premises and raw materials for food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled water, and chemicals.
Also, they establish a relevant quality assurance system, including certification of the production sites and the regulated products
They perform some other functions, such as:
- They establish and maintain relevant laboratories or other institutions in strategic areas of Nigeria.
- More so, they ensure the control of exportation and issue quality certifications of food, drugs, bottled water, and chemicals.
- Furthermore, they put together standard specifications, regulations, and guidelines for production, importation, exportation, sale, and distribution.
Has NAFDAC Made any Achievements so far?
For course! Right from its creation, NAFDAC has made remarkable achievements in Nigeria. Some of them include
- Organization of workshops to enlighten various stakeholders, such as (a) pure water producers (b) the Patent and Proprietary Medicine Dealers Association (PPMDA), and (c) the National Union of Road Transport Workers and National Association of Road Transport Owners (NURTW & NARTO),
- Also, they helped in raising awareness not just in Nigeria, but also in other countries like India, China, Pakistan, Indonesia, and Egypt,
- In addition, the held meetings, in concert with the Chairman House Committee on Health and his members, with Ambassadors of countries identified with exporting fake drugs into Nigeria and solicited their support to stop the trend,
- However, achieving excellent results in the fight against counterfeit drugs, as evidenced by the public destruction of about 2 billion Naira worth of drugs from four sources, namely those handed over by repentant traders, those found in secret warehouses on tip-off by the drug sellers and the public, and those seized by the drug sellers’ internal task forces and NAFDAC task forces,
Note, NAFDAC replaced the Directorate of Food and Drug Administration and Control ( a Federal Ministry of Health body) which had been deemed ineffective, partially because of a lack of laws concerning fake drugs.
What is NAFDAC Organisation Like?
Basically, the NAFDAC’s organization consists of the Director General’s Office and fourteen (14) directorates overseeing the functions of the agency:
- Director-General’s Office: This office handles the overall functions which include administration and control of regulated products.
- Registration and Regulatory Affairs Directorate: Leads a timely and transparent registration process driven by effective regulations.
- Food Safety and Applied Nutrition Directorate: Support food safety programs by ensuring food facilities adhere to good manufacturing practice (GMP) that can sustain quality food product that is safe for human consumption.
- Drug and Evaluation Directorate: Develop, operate and continually improve QMS to ensure a robust and effective Inspection operation
- Chemical Evaluation & Research Directorate: Grant authorization for the import and export of chemicals and inspect storage facilities to ensure safety standards in the management of chemicals and hazardous substances.
- Narcotics & Controlled Substances Directorate: They permit the import and export of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances.
- Veterinary Medicines & Allied Products Directorate: it regulates and controls all Veterinary products.
- Port Inspectorate Directorate: This Directorate leads the port operation and controls the channels through which regulated products are imported and exported.
- Planning, Research & Statistics Directorate: Responsible for planning, researching, collecting, collating, storing, and retrieving the same as well as coordinating the activities and achievements
- Laboratory Services Directorate: Conduct appropriate tests and ensure compliance with standard specifications.
- Admin & Human Resources Management Directorate: Handles the managing human and material resources
- Pharmacovigilance& Post Marketing Surveillance Directorate: Ensures patient care and patient safety in relation to the use of medicines, and supports public health programs.
- Legal Services Directorate: Provides effective Legal Service to the Agency
- Finance & Accounts Directorate: In charge of the day-to-day administration of financial and accounting functions of the Agency.
Are you interested in joining the Federal Road Safety Corps?FRSC Recruitment Application Form, www.frsc.gov.ng Portal, Ranks, And Salaries
Getting NAFDAC Certification?
If you must ply any of these trades in Nigeria, you must register your product with the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC).
Steps in getting NAFDAC Certification
- Visit NAFDAC Office
Go to the nearest NAFDAC office to inspect your factory. When you pass this stage, you will be asked to send three samples of your product for analysis, after which you will be issued a certificate of appreciation as a manufacturer.
- Buy the Form
Purchase and complete the NAFDAC registration form. Remember that each model can only be used for one product, so if you have two products you will need to purchase two models.
- Write Application Letter
Then, Write an agency request stating your intention to register a product. The application must provide details of the product name (generic name), the brand name and the name of the manufacturer.
Address your request to:
Registration and Regulatory Affairs
Central laboratory complex
- Submit your application
Then, Submit the application with the full registration form and attach the required documents. Note, It is important to strictly adhere to all the requirements the agency expects of you.
- Get your certification
After successful registration, a product registration certificate and NAFDAC registration number will be presented.
NAFDAC Salary Scale
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC staffs are paid like other agencies under the Federal Ministry of Health. Also, the salary structure is what most applicants who wish to work in NAFDAC seek to know first before submitting their applications.
Note, the payment is made using the CONRAISS salary scale ( A Salary Scale approved a new salary structure for Research, Training. and Allied Institutions in the Federal Public Service). Although NAFDAC’s salary structure varies depending on grade level, years of service and position occupied in the organization.
Note, NAFDAC is paid at GL 8 N1,247,854 per year. This is about N103,987 per month before tax deductions and pensions.
While NAFDAC employees at GL 7 receive an amount of N1,073,217 per year. Note, this is approximately N89,434 per month before tax deductions and pensions.
In addition to the basic salaries paid to NAFDAC employees, there are some benefits that they are entitled to. However, these depend on some criteria, such as the year of service, the location, the position they occupied, etc.
According to Mysalaryscale.com NAFDAC staff earn higher as they climb the position ladder. For instance,
Furthermore, an administrative Assitant earns an average salary of N89, 000 per month, a Laboratory Analyst earns N116,000 per month, Pharmacist gets N193,000 (Two staffs) and Regulatory Office gets N158,000 per month.
What is NAFDAC Recruitment Portal about?
Although getting recruitment in the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control is becoming increasingly difficult, this information will go a long way to help you.
Currently, applications for NAFDAC Recruitment 2023 are yet to open. Note this body recruits graduates and non-graduates into the following positions
What NAFDAC recruitment 2023 requirement?
To apply for NAFDAC Recruitment 2023, the following requirements must be met:
- You must have either a B.Sc, HND, NCE, or OND in any discipline from a recognized institution’
- Your age must not be above 35 years old.
- Also, the applicant must have at least credits in three different subjects including English and mathematics in WASC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC).
- Have National Examination Council (NECO)/General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with passes in four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at two sittings including English Language.
- Moreso, the applicant should have a National Diploma (ND) obtained from a recognized institution or
- National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a recognized institution; or General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) in two (2) subjects obtained at one sitting or three (3) subjects obtained at two sittings.
- Hence, you must attach your NYSC Discharge Certificate/ Exclusion Certificate to the NAFDAC Recruitment Application Form.
- Have Curriculum Vitae
- Certificate of Origin and must be a citizen of Nigeria.
Importantly, Form Applied twice will not be accepted, and no fee is required for this job application.
Please note that the World Scholarship Forum does not have any affiliation with the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC). We do not recruit, organize aptitude test nor select successful applicants for the NAFDAC. Therefore, this article is just an informative article.
How can I apply for NAFDAC Recruitment 2023
Very easy and simple!
To successfully apply, you must ensure that your NAFDAC recruitment Application Form is currently filled completed, and sent to the NAFDAC website before the due date for submission.
Like I mentioned earlier, there is no other route in the registration process and there is no charge for any fee in the recruitment process.
Note registration is done online.
Here are the basic steps you must take
- Go to www.nafdac.gov.ng which is NAFDAC official website and tap the recruitment button.
- There you will find the NAFDAC recruitment Application Form for the respective post you are going to apply Now
- Then, fill in the required details, such as Name, Educational Qualification, Address, etc.
- Click the submit button.
- Keep a print copy of the same for future reference
- After the application process, candidates will be very keen to know whether they have been shortlisted. After this, selected candidates will be invited for a test, interview, and further recruitment exercise
Note, the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control organization has open the portal for the NAFDAC recruitment portal for 2023.
Now, because a lot of Nigerians are dying to have this job, I will advise you to keep watch and always visit us to get an update so that you won’t miss out. Many eligible and interested candidates who want to apply for this job.
What Will I gain?
When you are successfully recruited in this Nigerian Agency, you will benefit a lot.
- First and foremost, you will have a comfortable working schedule. Either you work in the morning and have your afternoon free for leisure or the other way round.
- Also, you get more vacation days than private employees, so you can rest more and better and go to the place you want without being in a hurry to return.
- In addition, the public sector usually grants vacations twice a year instead of once; In summer and in winter. He does not suffer from the same stress as a private company employee.
- As a NAFDAC employee, you do not run the risk that the company you work for will be bankrupt since the state, no matter how badly managed the funds are, will never fail.
- Most importantly, unlike other private firms, you get your monthly salary as at when due.
Interestingly you can check out this information on DPR Recruitment | Portal, Form, Salary if you want to work with DPR
To contact NAFDAC Offices across the nation
NAFDAC Corporate Headquarters
Plot 2032, Olusegun, Obasanjo Way, Zone 7, Wuse, Abuja, Nigeria
Lagos Operational Office
Plot 1, Industrial Estate, Lagos- Oshodi Apapa Express Way, Isolo, Lagos, Nigeria
For Enquiries call +234(0)-1-4609750 or email email@example.com
For Complaints call +234(0)909-763-0506, +234(0)909-763-0507 or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We Also Recommend
- Nigerian Navy: Recruitment, Portal, Exams, Courses, and Ranks
- Nigeria Customs Recruitment | NCS Application Registration Form
- FRSC Recruitment Application Form, www.frsc.gov.ng Portal, Ranks, And Salaries
- Civil Defence Recruitment: Portal, Requirements, Salary and Ranks
- NIMC Recruitment | Application Form & Salary
- NYSC Portal Login | NYSC Dashboard, Login Guidelines, NYSC Remita