The National Beta Club is an organization for fourth (4th) through twelfth (12th) grade students in the U.S. It is habitually called “Beta Club” or just “Beta”.
The main purpose of the National Beta Club is “to promote the ideals of academic achievement, character, leadership, and service amongst the elementary and secondary school students.
Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, the organization has more than Eight thousand seven hundred and fifty (8,750) clubs nationally and internationally.
Just take your time and go through this article, the World Scholarship Forum has arranged every detail you need to be a participant in the National Beta Club Scholarship.
Table of Contents Hide
- National Beta Club History
- Scholarship Process
- How to Win a National Beta Club Scholarship
National Beta Club History
National Beta Club is an academic honors program with a strong prominence on community service. It was established in the year 1934 by Dr. John W. Harris, a Wofford College Professor.
Its motto is “Let Us Lead by Serving Others”. Dr. John W. Harris, a professor at Wofford College, which was originally started the club in the year 1934. Today there are over 8,400 individual clubs situated in 42 states and 8 territories.
Traditionally, students are awarded membership base on their grades (GPA), or test scores and character traits. Every school chooses what items they will look at for their chapter’s member qualifications.
The Junior Division of The National Beta Club, beginning in the year 1961, is for students in fourth (4th) through eight (8th) grades. The Senior Division of Beta is for ninth (9th) through twelfth (12th) graders.
There are over five hundred thousand (500,000) active Betas in the senior and junior divisions and more than Seven million (7 M) alumni.
The National Beta Club scholarship can be a good way for students with a focus on college to fund their educational pursuits. The National Beta Club is the biggest non-profit, independent educational youth organization in the country.
One of the ways in which the National Beta Club recognizes the academic achievement of members is through the National Beta Club scholarship program.
As an organization for students in grades five (5) through twelve (12), there are two divisions to the National Beta Club; the Junior and Senior Beta Club. The goal of the club is to recognize academic achievements, character, leadership, and service.
The Junior Division of the Beta club was founded in the year 1961. In general, there are more than Four hundred and thirty thousand (430,000) Beta Club members in both the Junior and Senior divisions. There are also more than Six Million (6 M) alumni of the Beta Club.
In order to participate at the national level, a candidate must place at the state level. This also includes those participants running for office. The first National Beta Club convention was held in the month of June year 1981, at the Sheraton Twin Towers in Orlando, Florida. Yearly, there is a new theme and a new site for the National Convention.
State Conventions are a bit diverse from the National Conventions. State Conventions are held by the state sponsor and the state sponsor elect, which are voted to the position by other sponsors from the state. The state has the authority to organize or deny competitions from taking place in their own state.
The junior conference hosts related competitions except for the state office. At the senior level, there are three (3) positions; at the junior level, there are five (5).
States that host state convention: Arkansas, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Ohio, Georgia, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Virginia, Texas, and West Virginia.
Convention Themes & Locations:
|1.||2012 – 2013||The Heart of Beta|
|2.||2013 – 2014||Making History With Beta|
|3.||2014 – 2015||Betas, Rockin’ the country Nashville, Tennessee|
|4.||2015 – 2016||Let the Beta Times Roll New Orleans, Louisiana|
|5.||2016 – 2017||Above and Beyond Orlando, Florida|
|6.||2017 – 2018||Beta on My Mind Savannah, Georgia|
|7.||2018 – 2019||Betas Fueling the Future Oklahoma City, Oklahoma|
The scholarship is for students who are planning to pursue all the fields of study are eligible to apply for the Beta club scholarships.
Annually, students on the senior level compete in academic and talent competitions such as Quiz Bowl, Science, English, Maths, Creative Writing, Social Studies, Spelling, Special Talent, Group Talent, Oratory and Character Skits.
On the junior level, students can partake in Science, Social Studies, Essay, Language Arts, Visual & Performing Arts, Arts & Crafts, Math, Poetry, Spelling, Banner, Scrapbook, T-shirt design, Living Literature, and Songfest and Speech competitions.
The applicant must be in twelfth (12th) grade and also a member of the National Beta Club. The applicant must be selected by the school chapter of the National Beta Club, hence, applications will not be sent to the individual students. Renewable and nonrenewable awards available. Contact school Beta Club supporter for more information.
The Scholarship is taken and hosted in the United States. If you are an international student and you desire to study in the United States, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the United States
Over Two hundred and fifty thousand US Dollars ($250,000) is offered in Beta club scholarship awards through the National Beta Club. The scholarships are awarded to members of the Beta Club who are considered to be outstanding students during their senior year in high school.
More than Two hundred (200) Beta Club scholarships are awarded annually. These scholarships range in value from One thousand US Dollars ($1,000) to Fifteen thousand US Dollars ($15,000).
The National Beta Club scholarship is available for students who are citizens of the United States. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The National Beta Club scholarship was not specified
- The candidate applying for this program must be an undergraduate student
- For the candidate to be eligible for application, she/he must attend a university, a four-year college, or a two-year college
- The candidate is required to be a United States Citizen
- You must currently be a high school student
- Also, you never must study full-time
- The candidate must be affiliated with National Beta Club
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application Form
- Apply for the National Beta Club scholarship program via its dedicated course page, through the link, which can be found below.
- Recommendations Or References
- Test Scores
To apply for this scholarship, kindly click the beta club scholarship link below to apply.
Scholarship Link >
For more information about National Beta Club Scholarship
Contact, Mrs. Joan Burnett (Scholarship Coordinator)
Address:151 Beta Club Way
Spartanburg, SC 29306-3012
The official deadline for scholarship applications is 10th December in every academic year.
How to Win a National Beta Club Scholarship
For a candidate to be eligible to receive a National Beta Club scholarship, the candidate must be a high school senior and must also be an active National Beta Club member. She/he must also be registered with the National Beta Club headquarters by June 30th preceding their senior year.
- Applicants should also be nominated by their local chapter in order for them to be eligible to compete in the scholarship program.
- Selection of the successful candidates for the National Beta Club scholarship program is based on a variety of some factors with a special emphasis placed on academic excellence as well as credible character, demonstrated leadership, community, and school service.
- The applicants must also partake in National Beta Club activities. Every local Beta Club chapter may choose to nominate up to two (2) senior members who demonstrate the goals of the club, which are guidance, academic excellence, and community/school service.
- Candidates who are interested in applying for the National Beta Club scholarship should contact their local Beta Club chapter for additional information. The significance of carefully researching and completing all application materials ought to be kept in mind.
- The utmost chances of winning a scholarship will be by accepting the requirements from the start and making sure they are met. An excellent first step in attaining a Beta Club Scholarship is to identify the goals of the club and to ensure you exemplify those goals.
You might also wish to check with your local Beta Club sponsor to find out whether any additional local scholarships could be available which can also assist you in funding your educational pursuits.
Membership requirements for the Beta club can differ according to each local chapter. In order to become a member of the local Beta Club chapter, students should typically have a minimum GPA.
The minimum GPA requirements are being determined by each individual’s chapter. The GPA requirements of 2.5 to 3.0 are common. According to the National Constitution for the Beta Club, member students should be working at or above their grade level.
There is a Fifteen Dollars ($15) membership fee that applies to incoming members of the Beta Club. Membership of the National Beta Club can be transferred from one school to another, provided the membership requirements for the incoming school are met.
- 15 Undergraduate Leadership Scholarships
- See Full List of National Merit Semifinalists [DOWNLOAD]
- Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
- Fully Funded Commonwealth PhD Scholarships for study in Singapore
- How To Get National Merit Scholarship
- PHD Scholarship for International Students At National University of Singapore
- José Marti Scholarship Challenge Grant Fund for Hispanic Students in US
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. If no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.