The United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2022 registration is Ongoing
The United Nations – Nippon Foundation Fellowship provides Government officials and other mid-level professionals from developing States with advanced training on ocean affairs and the law of the sea, as well as related disciplines, including marine science in support of management frameworks.
Fellows will learn about international legal frameworks, key issues, and best practices in ocean affairs, become familiar with the work of the United Nations and develop professional skills. Fellows will also conduct individual research, under academic supervision, and develop a written thesis on a topic selected by them.
Click the Host Institutions page to see the list of Host Institutions.
Upon completion of the Fellowship, Fellows are expected to return to their home countries and use their in-depth knowledge and extended experience to assist in formulating comprehensive ocean policy and in implementing the legal regime set out in the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea and related instruments, including through designing, implementing and/or evaluating specific improvement projects. For further details on the Fellowship, objectives see this documentPDF.
Application process and eligibility criteria for Nippon Foundation Fellowship
Candidates wishing to be considered for a Fellowship award must ensure that they meet all the following criteria:
- You must be between the ages of 25 and 40;
- You must have successfully completed a first university degree, and demonstrate a capacity to undertake independent advanced academic research and study;
- You must be a mid-level professional from a national government organ of a developing State, or another governmental or non-governmental agency in such a State, which deals directly with ocean affairs issues, and your professional position must allow you to directly assist your nation in the formulation and/or implementation of policy in this area. This includes marine sciences and the science-policy linkage. Your “Nomination and Recommendation Form” should be completed by a Government official or other official who can attest to the nature of your work with respect to the Government’s ocean affairs and law of the sea related activities, and indicate how an Award would directly contribute to these activities;
- Your proposed research and study programme must contribute directly to your nation’s formulation and/or implementation of ocean affairs and law of the sea policies and programmes; and
- You must be free of all non-Fellowship obligations during the entire Fellowship period unless otherwise authorized by the Division.
Satisfaction with the above criteria must be clearly demonstrated by the candidate through the application forms and confirmed by a nominating authority. Women candidates are strongly invited to apply, with a view to achieving gender balance in the selection process.
Applications are welcome only when a call for applications is open.
Click on the BUTTON below to apply.
Nippon Foundation Fellowship- Application Deadline
The closing date for this award application entry is not specified.
For the conditions of the Fellowship, including travel, stipend payments, visas, medical clearance, insurance, and housing, please see the Fellowship Conditions page.
We Also Recommend
- 2022 International Student Awards at University of Illinois
- 2022 Peterhouse International Studentships Competition
- Win The 2022 Developer Circles Community Challenge
- Go Global Scholarships 2022 for International Students
- Frida Young Feminist Fund 2022 For Young Feminist Activists
- $2,000 Bitch Media fellowship 2022 | USA
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response in the comment box. We will attend to you immediately.