The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) is currently offering a huge number of ONGC master and professional courses’ scholarships for Indian students.
This year, there are 500 awards are now available. Each of the winning students will receive benefit of annual award of Rs. 48,000. To apply, the application packet must be received no later than 31 October 2019.
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) is an Indian multinational oil and gas company headquartered in Dehradun, India. It is a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) of the Government of India, under the administrative control of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. It is India’s largest oil and gas exploration and production company.
It produces around 69% of India’s crude oil (equivalent to around 30% of the country’s total demand) and around 62% of its natural gas. ONGC was founded on 14 August 1956 by Government of India, which currently holds a 69.23% equity stake.
Each of the most deserving applicants will be granted up to Rs. 48,000 per year.
Level and Area Studies
Master degree and professional courses in Engineering and Medical stream (professional courses) and in Business Administration, Geology and Geophysics.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in India.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, each interested students must meet the criteria as follow:
- Candidate should be a student of 1st year of Graduate Engineering or MBBS courses or 1st year of Masters degree in Geology/Geophysics or MBA. The scholarship shall be admissible only for pursuing full time regular courses by ISC/CBSE/MCI/AICTE/UGC/Association of India Universities/State Education Boards/State Government/Central Government.
- Students pursuing four years Engineering/MBBS courses and Two years Masters course in Business Administration & Masters degree in Geology/ Geophysics are eligible.
- Candidate should have obtained minimum 60% marks in 12th class for Engineering and MBBS disciplines. Similarly 60% marks are necessary in graduation for P.G. Courses i.e. Geology/Geophysics/MBA. Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA/CGPA) of minimum 6.0 in 10 points scale of grading system.
- The specific zone where a student can apply for scholarship shall be decided on the basis of the location of University/College/Institute in which the student was studying for the qualifying examination (i.e. 12th class for Graduate courses and Graduation degree for Post Graduate courses) irrespective of the domicile of the student.
- Gross annual income of family of the candidate from all sources should not be more than Rs 4.50 lakhs per annum (i.e. Rs.37,500/- per month).
- The age limit of the applicant is maximum 30 years for the academic session.
- The candidates should not be availing or intend to avail any other financial assistance/scholarship from any other source. However, in case of student of getting fee waiver/ reimbursement of tuition fees from any of the State governments are eligible for applying for the scholarships.
- The award of the scholarship shall not confer any right of employment with ONGC group of companies or its joint ventures.
Only Indian students are invited to apply.
Please download and complete the application form at the website and application link below.
31 October 2019
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.