The University of Hull is happy to announce Ph.D. Studentship in Enhancing Fish and Eel Migration in Rivers through Flow Field Optimisation at Control and Pumping Station. This studentship is available for UK/EU and international students.
The University of Hull was established in 1927 and opened its doors one year later to an initial cohort of just 39 students and 14 departments, all operating out of a single building.
Originally an outpost of the University of London, the then University College Hull offered courses in the arts and pure sciences, before becoming an independent institution (and Yorkshire’s third university) in 1954.
Today, it offers over 2,000 courses to 18,000 students across six faculties, with its academic portfolio comprising 50 disciplines in the arts and humanities, business, education, health, the sciences, and the social sciences.
Courses are split between two campuses, with the main one located two miles north of Hull city center in leafy, redbrick surrounds. Its second campus is in the seaside town of Scarborough, 40 miles from Hull and within an hour’s drive of the city of York.
A £28-million refurbishment of the university’s Brynmor Jones Library was recently finalized with other redevelopments underway: a further £70 million is being invested in a performance and concert venue, new student accommodation, and a revolutionary ‘health hub’ for medical training.
Table of Contents Hide
- About University of Hull
- What You Need To Know About The Ph.D. Scholarship at the University of Hull in the UK
- Level / Field of Study:
- Host Nationality.
- ELIGIBLE NATIONALITY:
- Scholarship Benefits:
- PhD Scholarship at University of Hull in UK Eligibility:
- How to Apply The PhD Scholarship at University of Hull in UK
- WE ALSO RECOMMEND
About University of Hull
The university is home to plenty of green open space, bars, coffee shops, gardens and plazas, as well as its award-winning, on-campus nightclub, Asylum, which hosts concerts and live music events.
Away from the campus, Hull is a cultural hotspot, home to festivals, art galleries, theatre companies, and live comedy and music venues. In 2017, Hull becomes the UK’s City of Culture when a year-long programme of festivities takes place. In the same year it will also host the Turner Prize – one of the biggest events in British art.
What You Need To Know About The Ph.D. Scholarship at the University of Hull in the UK
Level / Field of Study:
Scholarships are available to study PhD programme at the University of Hull in the UK
The scholarship is taken at the UK University of Hull. If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for your Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
This scholarship is available for international students. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Full-time UK/EU Ph.D. Scholarships will include fees at the ‘home/EU’ student rate and maintenance (£14,777 in 2018/19) for three years, depending on satisfactory progress.
Full-time International Fee Ph.D. Studentships will include full fees at the International student rate for three years, dependent on satisfactory progress.
PhD Scholarship at University of Hull in UK Eligibility:
Applicants should be highly motivated, dedicated, and enthusiastic and have:
- Applicants should have at least a 2.1 undergraduate degree in a relevant subject. It is anticipated that the successful applicant will have a 1stclass undergraduate degree or Masters level qualification.
- Hold a current driving licence as the role requires field site visits.
- Excellent writing and fluency in English is expected.
- Candidates will be required to work flexible hours in remote locations in the UK and other countries.
- Prospective students are expected to pursue independent research and work effectively with colleagues to contribute to cluster research goals.
How to Apply The PhD Scholarship at University of Hull in UK
- Applying online means you can track the progress of your application and upload supporting documents. Create a MyAdmin account and choose ‘Postgraduate Applicant–Create a Postgraduate Account’. If you are a current or returning student, you can use your existing account.
Scholarship Link Scholarship Application Deadline: September 30, 2021
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- International Postdoctoral Humanities Fellowship At Columbia University in the USA
- AQM/Data Sets Studentship for UK and EU Students in UK
- 2020/2021 Fully Funded Scholarships – APPLY NOW
- 2021 Newton International Fellowships for Early-Career Scientists
- Study in University: of Oklahoma Admission, Courses Offered Tuition Fee, Ranking
- University of Cambridge Ph.D. Studentship for EU Students, UK
- European Commission STARTS Prize to Brussels and Netherlands
- Goethe-Zentrum Kampala/ UGCS Grant programs for Ugandans
- Local Community Programs Funding: Two Pomona College Juniors Receive Public Service Scholarships
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.