The Open University is inviting applications for full-time funded PhD Scholarships for the academic year beginning 1 February 2022.
The Scholarships are based at the Milton Keynes campus and students are normally expected to live within commuting distance of Milton Keynes.
About Open University
The Open University is the world’s leading provider of flexible, high-quality online degrees and distance learning or sometimes referred to as e-learning; serving students across the globe with highly respected degree qualifications, and the triple-accredited MBA.
Open University is recognized and renowned throughout the world for the quality of its research. Our research engages with some of the major issues facing the world today, informs public opinion and policy, and promotes debate and engagement with questions of global importance.
The quality of our research and teaching is apparent: in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise (RAE), over 60% of our research was rated as ‘internationally excellent’ or ‘world-leading’, with noticeable strengths in Computing, Art History, Sociology, Literature, Art and Design, and Development Studies. This placed us in the top 50 universities for research in the UK.
What You Need To Know About PhD Scholarships at Open University in UK
Scholarships at Open University are available for PhD programs.
This Scholarship is hosted by Open University and can be taken in the UK. If you are an international student and wish to study in the UK, this is for your Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
This Scholarship is available for international students.
The Scholarships cover tuition fees, a generous research training support grant and a stipend (circa £14,533 per annum) for 36 months.
Eligibility for Phd Scholarships at Open University
Eligible Countries: These fellowships are available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants for the PhD program should have minimum qualifications of an upper second class honors degree 2:1 (or an equivalent) and usually a specialist masters in a subject relevant to the intended study with a strong research element.
English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How To Apply for Scholarships at Open University
In order to be considered for a funded scholarship, your application should preferably be based on an advertised project. Examples of projects recently advertised are listed further below.
Applications must include the following:
- 1000 word proposal which indicates your knowledge of the literature, methods and likely approach to your project of interest
- Cover letter indicating your suitability for the project
- Complete application form
- Certificates with transcripts, if possible, confirming your professional qualifications relevant to your application
NOTE: Interviews will form part of the selection process and will be held on 17th, 18th, or 23rd October in person (or via web conference if required). Ph.D. candidates are expected to give a 15-minute presentation about their proposal, followed by a question and answer session.
The deadline for this scholarship at Open University is October 8, 2022.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
- 50 University of West London International Ambassador Scholarships
- University of Strathclyde Excellence Scholarship For Undergraduate Students
- University of Birmingham IAS Vanguard Research Fellowships Programme in UK
- PhD Scholarships at Open University in UK
- University of Manchester: Courses, Tuition, Rankings & Admission
- Executive Dean’s Scholarships at Bournemouth University, UK – UK
- Nottingham Trent University Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students
- Oxford University Scholarships for Nigerian Students
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.