Faculty of Medicine and Health students at the University of Newcastle can now apply for PhD scholarships for Ghanaian students.
The Australian government is commencing two Ph.D. scholarships at The University of Newcastle at the Faculty of Health and medicine. These scholarships are awarded for research projects in mental health that align with the Ghanaian mental health reform agenda.
The main objective of the institute is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible with the changing needs of the students from Ghana.
Students aspiring for masters scholarship will need to take an English Language exam, for example, an IELTS or TOEFL exam, in order to be considered for scholarships
The scholarship is available for studying a masters degree program at the University of Newcastle.
Level/ Field of Study:
The scholarship is designed for students who are pursuing a Masters or Ph.D. degree in the field of Health and medicine at the University of Newcastle.
The Scholarship is hosted at the University of Newcastle, Australia. If you are an international student and you desire to study in Australia, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in Australia
The number of opening for the scholarship is not specified.
The PhD Scholarships For Ghanaian students is opened to Ghanaian Students but the UK and International students can apply for the Ph.D. scholarship. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The UON President’s Ghanaian scholarships provide:
- 50% of the annual living allowance per annum
- A full tuition fee scholarship
- Overseas student health cover
- The Scholarship may also include:
- A relocation allowance (up to $2,020)
- A thesis allowance (up to $500)
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
The successful applicant will
- take the English proficiency requirement (IELTS of at least 6.5)
- Have completed at least four years of undergraduate study and have attained Honours Class 1 or equivalent and a high-grade point average (GPA)
- Evidence of ability to support the remaining 50% living allowance (i.e. $13,144 – 2016 rate)
- A masters degree with a strong research component
- International peer-reviewed research publication or research experience
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants should have completed at least four years of Undergraduate study and have attained Honours Class 1 or equivalent and a high-grade point average (GPA).
English Language Requirement: Applicants should have satisfied the English proficiency requirement (IELTS of at least 6.5.
Applicants should forward CV, research proposal and supporting documentation to Shirley.Savy@newcastle.edu.au.
You can commence the application and get more information by clicking on the official website below:
The deadline of the application is usually November annually
We also recommend other scholarship opportunities
- Fully Funded Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships in UK
- KNUST MasterCard Foundation Undergraduate Scholarships
- Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for Ghana Students
- Ghana Sheffield Scholarships for Masters Programme in UK
- FEBE International Undergraduate Scholarships at the University of Newcastle in Australia
- Clinical Centre Masters Scholarship In Cardiovascular Health Research in Australia,
- International Scholarships at Istanbul Aydin University in Turkey
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.