Scholarship offers are currently available for the PIDM Local Undergraduate Scholarship Program in Malaysia.
The scholarship is an annual offer to a maximum of twenty applicants, to undertake up to four years of undergraduate studies locally.
The program aims to reach out to deserving Malaysians who are in need of financial aid to pursue their education. PIDM is a Government agency under Akta Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia (Malaysia Deposit Insurance Corporation Act). PIDM was set up in 2005 to administer the Deposit Insurance System (DIS) aimed at protecting depositors.
In order to be able to successfully apply for this scholarship, we will be giving you all the necessary information you need to apply for this scholarship. I will advise you to read carefully so you won’t miss all the necessary information you need.
About the PIDM Local Undergraduate Scholarship Program
Certain prerequisites need to be adhered to in order to become a beneficiary of the PIDM Local Undergraduate Scholarship such as;
The list of prerequisites includes:
To be eligible for the PIDM Local Undergraduate Scholarship Programme;
The terms and conditions of the scholarship program may be varied by PIDM at its sole discretion from time to time without notice. Any award of the scholarship is at PIDM’s sole discretion. No appeal will be entertained.
PIDM may discontinue the scholarship or any part of the scholarship, at any time should the recipient of the PIDM Local Undergraduate Scholarship:
- Be unable to continue his or her studies, for whatever reason;
- Fail to achieve a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) and Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 in any semester;
- Fail to maintain conduct which is consistent with the rules and regulations specified by the college or university and is placed on probation; or
- Is in breach of any of the terms and conditions of the PIDM scholarship agreement.
The PIDM Local Undergraduate Scholarship offers are available for pursuing an array of subject areas in the undergraduate program.
Field of study:
These scholarships remain valid for candidates interested in pursuing courses in the following fields;
- Business Administration
- International Business
- Islamic Banking
- Financial Banking and Management
- Computer Science / Information Technology
- International Financial Economics
- Actuarial Science
- Law / Shariah Law
- Human Resource Management / Human Resource Development
- Mathematics (Actuary)
- Risk Management and Insurance
All Malaysian students are eligible to apply.
The country of study for candidates under the PIDM Local Undergraduate Scholarship is Malaysia and the following institutions are available;
PUBLIC HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UniSZA)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan
PRIVATE HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Universiti Tun Abdul Razak (UNIRAZAK)
- Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)
- Universiti Industri Selangor (UNISEL)
- Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (TAR UC)
- UNITAR International University (UNITAR)
As a beneficiary of the PIDM Local Undergraduate Scholarship, you’re entitled to certain benefits such as;
- RM10,000 a year in course fees or the actual cost.
- Up to RM2,000 in allowances for learning aids including books, computers, stationeries and other materials per semester or up to RM4,000 per year.
- Up to a maximum of RM6,000 allowance per year or RM500 per month;
There will be no bond to this scholarship and the recipients are not to repay the amount of scholarship.
- Induction Programme
An induction program will be provided to all recipients of the PIDM Scholarship Award. This is to ensure the recipients understand the mandate, vision, mission, and values of PIDM.
- Mentoring and Coaching
Each recipient will be assigned a “mentor” from the Senior Management team. The mentor will provide consistent and continuous mentoring and coaching throughout the program. This is to ensure that the recipients have the necessary support and are able to leverage the experience of our management team.
- Internship Programme
As part of the strategic design of the program, graduates will be offered paid six-month internship opportunities in PIDM to apply what they have learned in an operational context (subject to a minimum ‘Cumulative Grade Point Average’ (CGPA) of 3.00 or a minimum of ‘Second Class Upper’ in the final examinations).
In summary, the program will cover the above fees and allowance up to a maximum of RM20,000 per person per annum.
During the period of internship with PIDM, each recipient will receive a monthly allowance of RM1,000 for a six-month period.
A maximum of twenty successful applicants will be taken under the PIDM Local Undergraduate Scholarship.
You may submit your application prior to receiving your acceptance by one of the PIDM approved list of colleges and universities. However, any offer of scholarship will be conditional upon you meeting all necessary conditions and upon securing admission into one of the eligible programs.
How to Apply:
Please submit your completed application online together with all relevant supporting documentation. You can begin this by clicking the online application link below.
The application deadline for applicants interested in the PIDM Local Undergraduate Scholarship is 15th April, Yearly.
Get additional information through the Scholarship Link below
If you have any further inquiries, please direct it to the email address at email@example.com or alternatively you may contact Ms. Beatrice Low at 03-2173 7475