In a bid to support your big ideas, the Poynter International Fact-Checking Network has launched the IFCN Innovation Grants Fund 2022 for eligible applicants to apply.
Interested applicants know that these grant award applications are to be submitted before the deadline and only eligible applicants will be considered.
Table of contents
About The Poynter IFCN Innovation Grants Fund 2022
The Poynter International Fact-Checking Network wants to support your next big idea. They have launched Fact Forward and are looking for fact-checking organizations and/or teams of journalists, designers, developers, or data scientists to submit projects that can represent a paradigmatic innovation for fact-checkers in any of these areas: 1) formats, 2) business models 3) technology-assisted fact-checking.
The mission of the Fact-Checking Innovation Initiative, a joint project of the Facebook Journalism Project and the International Fact-Checking Network at the Poynter Institute, is to support innovation projects, new formats, and technologies that will help benefit the broader global fact-checking ecosystem.
Eligibility For The Poynter IFCN Innovation Grants Fund 2022
- Applicants must work for a fact-checking organization that is a signatory of the IFCN code of principles or commit to complying with the code’s application and verification process by the end of the 12-month term.
- Open to existing fact-checking teams or organizations that seek funding to scale up or launch a new project, as well as experienced journalists with well-developed ideas or prototypes.
- The fund is open to fact-checking projects run by traditional media companies, as well as digital media entrepreneurs.
- The project should be more than just an idea.
- Applicants must be organizations or teams of at least two people who have tested their concept or at least developed a prototype.
- Applications from individuals will be accepted if they are paired with a fact-checking organization where the project will be implemented.
- The awarded team will have 12 months to develop and launch its innovation.
- A representative of the team must present their progress/preview during the Global Fact.
- The team must schedule 3 quarterly assessment sessions with an advisor from the panel and/or a member of the IFCN staff.
- If there is any code associated with the project, it must be openly shared.
- The team must present a short narrative report and a financial report at midterm and after implementing the project.
- There will only be one winner in this call, however, the IFCN reserves the right to split the fund in half if the Advisory Panel considers that two projects both deserve to receive funding.
Application Procedure For The Poynter IFCN Innovation Grants Fund 2022
The initial application is through a form that includes, among others: name, organization, brief description of organization and project description of 250 to 500 words. The second phase will require a more detailed application and budget and will only be open to the applications that passed the first round.
Complete the online application.
Poynter IFCN Innovation Grants Fund Application Deadline
The deadline for submission of application differs. Do well to check the link below for updates.
For more information, visit Poynter IFCN Fact Forward Innovation Fund.