The IEEE Computer Society is glad to offer the Richard E. Merwin Student Scholarship Program. This IEEE Computer Society Scholarship is intended to graduate students or those in the final two years of an undergraduate program.
The sponsor will provide $40,000 for the winning applicants. The closing date of the application is September 30 each year.
The scholarship was created in honor of the late Richard E. Merwin, past president of the IEEE Computer Society, to recognize and reward student leadership.
It is intended to recognize and reward active student volunteer leaders in student branches or chapters who show promise in their academic and professional efforts.
Table of Contents Hide
- About the Sponsor: IEEE Computer Society
- What you Need to Know About Richard E. Merwin Student Scholarship 2022
About the Sponsor: IEEE Computer Society
The IEEE Computer Society is the world’s leading affiliate of IT and technology. IEEE Computer Society Scholarship is the reward system of the organization for rewarding leadership service among students.
The IEEE Computer Society offers a total of $40,000 in scholarships. For one year of study (approximately 9 months), more than a dozen scholarships are available from $ 1,000.
The selected Richard E Merwin scholarship winners of this award will have the opportunity to serve as student ambassadors for the IEEE in the computer company for the particular IEEE region to which they belong.
What you Need to Know About Richard E. Merwin Student Scholarship 2022
The Richard E Merwin Scholarship 2022 is available for graduates and those in the final two years of undergraduate program students in electrical or computer engineering, computer science, or a well-defined computer-related field of engineering to recognize and reward their voluntary service in their own community across the United States.
- IEEE Computer Society is offering a total of $40,000 scholarship amount. Over a dozen scholarships of $1,000 and up are available, for one academic year (approximately 9 months).
- The selected winners of this award will have the opportunity to serve as IEEE Computer Society Student Ambassadors for the particular IEEE region to which they belong.
The Richard E Merwin Scholarship 2022 is available for students from the USA.
Read also if you wish to study outside you’re home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The number of the IEEE Computer Society Scholarship offered is not specified.
Eligibility for Richard E. Merwin Student Scholarship
To be considered eligible for the Scholarship, the candidate must fulfill these requirements;
- Candidate must be a citizen of the United States.
- Graduate students and those in the final two years of an undergraduate program in electrical or computer engineering, computer science, or a well-defined computer-related field of engineering who are active members of a student branch or chapter are eligible.
- IEEE Computer Society membership is required. (Note: Students applying for the award should have a minimum one year in which to complete their degree, or be considering or enrolled to immediately start further study upon completion.)
- Applicants are required to have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 / 4.0 (or exam marks of at least 60%) and be a full-time student as defined by his or her academic institution during the course of the award.
- Student winners of the Computer Society’s Richard Merwin or UPE/CS award for the previous year (13 months) are not eligible
Richard E. Merwin Scholarship Application Procedures
If you are applying for the IEEE Computer Society Scholarship, candidates can download the scholarship application form through the link provided: https://www.computer.org/cms/Membership/pdfs/MerwinScholarshipTemplateFINAL_042815.docx
Applicants must complete a cover listing:
- Applicant Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Member Number
- Institution Address
- Student Branch Code
- Student Branch Chapter
- Chapter Code
- Chapter Advisor
- Degree track
- Photo(s) (of work you have done with your chapters or other CS-related accomplishments)
- Transcripts and Letter of Recommendations must be submitted
Fill out the final copy and send it as a PDF or WORD file (typographical errors do not send the ZIP file upon request) to Eric Berkowitz: email@example.com
Click the following link for More Information:
Richard E. Merwin Student Scholarship 2022 Application Deadline:
The deadline for the application for the IEEE Computer Society Scholarship is September 30 annually.
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
- 79+ Short Courses in Canada for International Students
- Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship
- Union Plus Scholarship Program [Updated]
- Wild Gift Fellowship for Social Entrepreneurs
- AISES Northrop Grumman Scholarship
- 71+ Ongoing Local Scholarships in Tanzania [Updated]
- NYS STEM Scholarship Program
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.