Scholarship for developing countries in Belgium is classified into two parts: Flemish-language universities, and French-language universities. All universities are publicly funded.
As a student from a developing country, you might possibly be eligible for a scholarship in Belgium. However, you can’t benefit from the scholarship if you fail to apply for it.
The Flemish Interuniversity Council offers 12 scholarships each year at Hasselt University. Scholarships are available for pursuing ICP Master’s program Master of Statistics. These are Scholarships in Belgium.
Hasselt University’s Master of Statistics acquired accreditation from the prestigious Royal Statistical Society.
This article highlights and explains all you need to know about scholarships in Belgium as a student from a developing country.
Table of Contents Hide
- Flemish Interuniversity Council Scholarships
- EDITOR’S RECOMMENDATION
Flemish Interuniversity Council Scholarships
Hasselt University is a university with campuses in Hasselt and Diepenbeek, Belgium. It was officially established in 1971, as the Limburgs Universitair Centrum. On June 15, 2005, the university changed its name to Hasselt University.
Candidates who wish to apply have to demonstrate the good command of the English language, both spoken and written.
Level/Field of Study
Scholarships are available for pursuing ICP Master’s program Master of Statistics in the field of Statistics. Interestingly, you can also read Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The scholarship is hosted by Hasselt University, Belgium.
If you are an international student seeking scholarships to study in the United State of America, you can find such on Study in the USA category.
You can also check out other Study Abroad scholarships available for you irrespective of where you are coming from.
ICP Scholarships are available for applicants from the following 31 eligible countries
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
These opportunities have a value that includes
- Allowance: € 890/month
- Accommodation allowance: € 390/month
- Family allowance: € 62 per dependent person/month
- Several one-time payments
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee
The Flemish Interuniversity Council (VLIR-UOS) offers 12 scholarships each year for ICP Master’s program Master of Statistics.
Eligibility for Scholarships for Developing Countries in Belgium
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Nationality and Country of Residence: A candidate should be a national and resident of one of the following 31 countries as listed above(not necessarily the same country) at the time of application
- Age: The maximum age for a Master’s program candidate is 35 years. The candidate cannot succeed this age on January 1 of the intake year.
- Students should hold at least a university diploma or degree certificate or a diploma of higher education equivalent to a bachelor degree (180 ECTS credit points).
- Applications of holders of a bachelor degree in mathematics, physics, computer sciences, chemistry, biology, life sciences, bio-, business-, civil engineering, medicine, sociology, psychology, artificial intelligence, biotechnology with a sufficiently strong background in mathematics and statistics can apply.
- Candidates who wish to apply have to demonstrate the good command of the English language, both spoken and written. English language skills need to be confirmed by a recent score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or any recognized proficiency test:
- A TOEFL score report (paper-based: score 550 or more, computer-based: score 213 or more, internet-based: score 79-80)
- IELTS certificate (overall band score 6.0)
- The English Language Test can be waived on the basis of an interview or if English language proficiency is proven otherwise (e.g. if education or part of it was in English or if English is a national language in your home country).
More information on the scholarships and all eligibility criteria can be found on the VLIR-UOS website.
How to Apply for Scholarships for Developing Countries in Belgium 2022
To apply for ICP scholarships several steps need to be done. Please make sure that you start on time with your application to avoid that your dossier cannot be completed before the deadline.
Step 1: Online registration
- Visit the link online registration
- Complete the online registration form
- Page STUDY PROGRAMME: select “Master of Statistics”
- LEARNING ACCOUNT: if you have not yet obtained a degree in Belgium, the balance of your learning account is 140
- Page SUCCESS RATE: if you weren’t enrolled at Hasselt University in the previous year, skip this page and proceed to the next page of the application form
- If you are eligible to apply for the ICP scholarship, you will see this on the page FINANCES in the online application. To apply for the scholarship, you first have to mark the option “yes” on that
- page (application for a VLIR-ICP-scholarship: “yes”)
Step 2: VLIR-UOS scholarship application form: To apply for the ICP scholarship, you have to follow a specific procedure.
You’ll find more information about this procedure on the VLIR-application form, which you can download on top of the UP/DOWNLOAD page in your online application.
After completing the online registration form, you also have to upload your documents on the up/download page.
Step 3: Send hard copies of your application by post
- Printout of the VLIR-UOS scholarship application form
- Hard copies of legalized* degree certificates and academic transcripts
- Hard copies of additional necessary documents: certified English translations of diplomas and degrees, proof of English proficiency, 2 letters of recommendation, passport picture, … (see checklist)
If you want to enrol for the Master of Statistics, you can start the admission/application process at https://www.uhasselt.be/Admission.
To apply for an ICP scholarship, follow the procedure here.
Confused with the online registration procedure? Check the online registration help file to guide you with the application process.
Flemish Interuniversity Council Scholarships Application Deadline
Specific application deadlines are in place, depending on the program of your choice:
- the on-campus program, shortened program:
- For non-EEA students: February 1st;
- EEA students: August 1st;
- For Belgian students: September 1st;
- distance learning program:
- for non-EEA and EEA students: August 1st;
- for Belgian students: September 1st;
- ICP program:
- only open to the students that meet the criteria for VLIR UOS scholarship: February 1st.
You can begin the application and get more details by clicking the link
- List of Top 15 Advertising Scholarships [UPDATED]
- 50+ Accounting Scholarships for International Students
- 15 Best International Masters Scholarships in Australia
- TOP 15 AGRICULTURE SCHOLARSHIPS [UPDATED]
- International Undergraduate scholarships for Angola Students [UPDATED]
- Brewster Technical College Scholarships, Admissions Tuition Fees and Cost of Living
- List of South African Scholarships- APPLY
- Best 20 Virginia Scholarships for College Students[UPDATED]
- Top 20 Best International scholarships for Nigerian Students
- List of Top International Scholarships in Hungary
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.