Applications are currently been submitted for the Science Without Borders International Students Art Competition, eligible persons are by this notice invited to apply for this program.
The Science Without Borders® Challenge was created to get students and teachers interested in ocean conservation through various forms of art. This annual contest inspires students to be creative while learning about important ocean conservation issues. The SWB Challenge is open to primary and secondary school students 11-19 years old, with scholarships of up to $500 awarded to the winning entries.
IYOR is a global effort to increase awareness and understanding of the values and threats to coral reefs and to support related conservation, research, and management efforts. All around the world, nations, organizations, schools, and individuals will observe and take part in IYOR in a variety of ways. As an artist, you can too.
Field: Science and Arts
Winners of the Science Without Borders® Challenge will be publicly announced. Prizes awarded to contestant winners are as follows:
- 1st Place: $500
- 2nd Place: $350
- 3rd Place: $200
- This international art competition is open to all students 11-19 years old.
- Students must be enrolled in primary or secondary school, or the home school equivalent.
- College and university students are not eligible for this contest.
Work will be judged in two categories, with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes awarded for each:
- 11 – 14 year-olds
- 15 – 19 year-olds
- All artwork must be an original work by the contestant and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties. For instance, drawing a character from a cartoon or movie is not considered an original work.
- The artwork must be 2D such as a painting or drawing. Acceptable media include: paint, pencil, marker, crayon, ink, felt, and oil pastel. Digitally created artwork, including photographs, are not accepted.
- There is no minimum or maximum size requirements for the artwork.
- You must send your original artwork. Digital copies of artwork are NOT permitted.
- All submissions must be made by an individual artist. Group submissions are not permitted.
- Participants may submit only 1 art piece.
- Write your first and last name and age in pencil on the back of your artwork.
- Place your signature on the front, right-hand corner of your artwork.
- Fill out all required information on the Entry Forms (online only).
- Artwork and art descriptions may be used in publications and distributed to the media.
- The Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation reserves the right to disqualify artwork deemed offensive.
- If the explanation of artwork or the artwork itself is plagiarized, then it will be disqualified.
- Entries that do not comply with all of the contest rules will be disqualified
Contestants must submit a digital Entry Form with their submission. The Entry Form may only be submitted online at www.lof.org/SWBChallenge. All mandatory fields on the Entry Form must be filled out in order for your artwork to be considered for the competition
- All participants under the age of 13 must have a parent or guardian fill out the COPPA Notice Form and mail it in with your artwork.
- Download and read the Contest Rules and Guidelines prior to submitting your artwork.
- Complete the Digital Entry Form
Deadline: The application period for the 2022 Science Without Borders® Challenge has now closed
For more information, visit Science Without Borders Challenge.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.