: The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) is inviting applications for Skoltech Full Tuition Scholarships for International Students to pursue Master of Science and PhD programs. Domestic as well as International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
Skoltech aims to provide the maximum financial aid to its students. All admitted Master’s and PhD students will receive an academic stipend as well as full tuition, housing, and medical insurance.
About University: The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) is a private research and academic institute located in Moscow Region, village Skolkovo. Founded in 2011 with MIT’s collaboration, Skoltech will be responsible for preparing the new generation of researchers and entrepreneurs, expanding the range of scientific knowledge, and stimulating technological innovation with the goal of solving important technological research problems that Russia and the rest of the world may face in the future.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue MSc and PhD programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the following subjects:
Master of Science Programs:
- Energy Systems
- Data Science
- Computational Science and Engineering
- Statistical Learning Theory
- Photonics and Quantum Materials
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Life Sciences
- Computational and Data Science and Engineering
- Engineering Systems
- Petroleum Engineering
Scholarship Benefits: Stipends and Benefits:
- Significant stipends are available, which depend on students’ academic standing, starting at 40.000 RUR per month at MSc programs.
- Free medical insurance.
- A variety of academic mobility programs.
- Currently, all admitted students receive a fellowship that covers the cost of education.
- Skoltech aims to provide the maximum financial aid to its students. All admitted Master’s and PhD students will receive an academic stipend as well as full tuition, housing, and medical insurance. The standard stipend is 40,000 rubles for Master’s students. For graduate students, this can be upwards of 45,000 rubles. Any further funding will be decided on a case by case basis by the admissions committee.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
an appropriate bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, from a recognized University
an appropriate master’s degree, or its equivalent, from a recognized University
Who can apply?
Applications are open to domestic and international students. Applicants must be in their final year of their undergraduate studies or hold a higher education degree (Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or Specialist degree) in one of the following areas of study: mathematics, technical science, applied science, physics, chemistry, biology, or related areas. Additionally, you must have a record of success in your studies as well as knowledge of English.
Skoltech focuses on acquiring the highest levels of talent and applicants must meet at least the minimum requirements. Those who hold a degree in humanities or social sciences must have extended knowledge in one of the five areas of study offered by Skoltech.
As Skoltech receives many more applications each year from excellent candidates than we have placements available, meeting the minimum admissions requirement does not necessarily guarantee admission.
Eligible Nationalities: Domestic, as well as International students, are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
Application Procedure: The Skoltech offers an online application to make the process quick and simple for potential students. Before beginning the application, we advise that you carefully read the application instructions, requirements, and deadlines for your chosen academic program.
The application includes CV, 2 letters of recommendation, and a statement of purpose. Submission of either TOEFL or IELTS test results is required by “Selection Weekend”. Applicants who did not get a chance to take any of these official tests will be able to take the TOEFL ITP during “Selection Weekend” at Skoltech.
Deadline: Application deadlines for MSc and PhD program are:
MSc program: July 16, 2017
PhD Programme: August 10, 2017