Are you a South African Journalist? If you are, then hurry and apply for the South African Journalists SADC Media Awards Competition 2022.
In 1995 the SADC Council of Ministers approved the establishment of the SADC Media Awards to recognize the best media work in the region. Since 1996 the SADC Secretariat has been coordinating the Media Awards to encourage the media in the Region to play a leading role in disseminating information on SADC in order to support the process of regional cooperation and integration.
Don’t miss any of these South African Bursary opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
Journalists SADC Media Awards Competition is taken and hosted in South Africa. You can check other African Scholarships available for South African students and other African Countries. You can check South Africa Education Board for more information on Education in South Africa
Journalists SADC Media Awards Competition is only available to South African Students. International Scholarships are available for International students wishing to study abroad in any country. You can also check our scholarship by country category for more scholarship updates.
15 Important Tips on Winning a Scholarship
A must-read if you want to win this award: 15 Important Tips on Winning a Scholarship
- The first prize winners will be announced and receive their prizes during the 38th SADC Summit of Heads of State and Government;
- The Awards will include Print, Radio, Television, and Photojournalism. Each category carries a first prize of US$2,500;
- The runner-ups in each category will receive a second prize of US$1000 and will receive the prize money and certificates in their respective countries through their National Contact Point;
- The monetary prizes will be accompanied by a certificate signed by the SADC Chairperson;
- The prizes will be paid directly to the winner. In the case of a winner being unable to attend the ceremony, SADC will make arrangements to give the prize in his/her home country;
Eligibility for Journalists SADC Media Awards
The entries should have been published/broadcast between January and December the year preceding the awards by a registered and/or authorized media house or agency or carried on a website of a registered and/or authorized media house or agency in any of the SADC Member States;
b) The themes of the entries to be submitted for the competition must be on issues and activities promoting Regional Integration in the SADC region, i.e. infrastructure, economy, water, culture, sports, agriculture, etc.
c) All media practitioners who are SADC nationals may enter the competition, except those in institutions contracted by SADC and the SADC Secretariat staff;
d) All works entering the competition should be in one of the SADC working languages, i.e. English, Portuguese, French and any national indigenous language of the SADC Region and should be submitted together with the transcript in one of the three SADC working languages, i.e. English, French and Portuguese. These should be published/broadcast (newspaper cutting, websites, magazines, audio CDs, USB and newsletters;
e) Entries are invited from the following categories:
i) Print Journalism: comprising features/articles published in newspapers, newsletters, websites, magazines;
• Print Journalism submissions should have a minimum of 100 (one hundred words and a maximum of 2000 (two thousand) words.
ii) Radio Journalism: comprising broadcast material;
• Radio Journalism broadcast material should have a minimum duration of 1 (one) minute and a maximum of 30 (thirty) minutes. All broadcast material should be submitted on a CD or USB. The entries should be accompanied by an electronic transcript in word format for translation purposes.
iii) Television Journalism: comprising televised material;
• Broadcast material should have a minimum duration of 1 (one) minute and a maximum of forty-five (45) minutes. All broadcast material should be submitted on a CD or USB. The entries should be accompanied by an electronic transcript in word format for translation purposes.
iv) Photojournalism: comprising published pictures with a caption;
• Photographic entries should have one (1) photo or a pictorial spread of not more than twenty (20) photos published in one issue/edition. Each entry must be accompanied by an original newspaper in which photo (s) were published.
f) All entries must be submitted to the National Adjudication Committee not later than February 27 every year.
g) All submissions must be made strictly on the SADC Media Award Entry Form and should contain full contact details of the entrant, including, a passport-sized photograph, physical address, telephone and, where applicable, fax number and e-mail address;
h) Entries will be initially screened and judged by the National Adjudication Committee in each Member State, which will select the best entry in each of the four categories to be forwarded to the Regional Adjudication Committee (RAC), through the SADC Secretariat.
How to Apply for Journalists SADC Media Awards Competition 2022
Interested Applicants for this Journalists SADC Media Awards Competition are hereby asked to use the application link below to apply for this Award. Applicants are advised to complete their application before the deadline. No application will be accepted after the deadline date.
Journalists SADC Media Awards 2022 Application Deadline
The closing application date is February
Completed forms, with all required information typed-in, must be submitted to the SNMCs within the Member States by 28th February 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
Journalists SADC Media Awards Competition 2022 Application Link
Here is the application link
- 2022 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2022
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2022
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2022
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
World Scholarship Forum