Do you know win a large sum of amount as media personnel in South Africa by just being innovative? All you need to do is apply for the South African Media Innovation Challenge.
The innovation challenge is open to South Africans in media who are interested in searching for new ways to connect people with information, Rush now and apply you could be selected to be the winner.
This post provides you with information about the 2022 South African Media Innovation Challenge and how you can apply.
Quickly scroll the table of content below to get an overview of all this post entails.
About South African Media Innovation Challenge
Innovative South Africans are welcome to apply for the South African Media Innovation Challenge 2022, Only applicants who have shown a strong zeal to participate by complying with the stated eligibility criteria will be considered for this challenge.
The SAMIP Innovation Challenge is for South African projects and organizations that are building news and information products that engage and inform local/underserved communities, by:
- Searching for new ways to connect people with information,
- Exploring new business models, distribution mechanisms and/or revenue generation opportunities, or
- Creating platforms within existing news outlets for citizen reporting through mobile technology
South African Media Innovation Program (SAMIP)
This Scholarship is to be taken in SOUTH AFRICA. If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for your Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The Bursary is open to all South African students to study in any of the country’s universities. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
- A total of ZAR 3 million of grant funding is available to support independent media (covering existing companies, non-profits, and new ventures) in South Africa.
- This is the initial disbursement of the total funding available through SAMIP – the South Africa Media Innovation Program.
- SAMIP is a 3-year long program that will provide capacity building and financing to independent media in South Africa.
- The aim of the program is to promote innovation within the media sector, and also foster new voices.
- Winners will be selected by the SAMIP Advisory Panel, subject to approval by the MDIF Board of Directors.
- Cash Prize: Up to ZAR 500,000 (*depending on budgets, we will consider smaller projects that apply)
- In addition, winners will be admitted to SAMIP and benefit from the capacity building:
- on-going strategic advice, (expert advice)
- tailored one-to-one consulting, (mentorship)
- targeted group training designed to help participants’ financial viability and audience reach (training)
- further funding, if approved by the Advisory Panel, based on favorable initial results
Eligibility For South African Media Innovation Challenge:
- new projects just getting off the ground, for which the applicant has initial evidence of a user need.
- specific and actionable ideas for a novel product or service – product or working demo doesn’t necessarily have to be built yet – funding can be used for MVP. (Capability requirement)
- products or services that have shown initial success/viability and applicants are looking to scale up
How to Apply for the South African Media Innovation Challenge:
To apply for this challenge, click the link below
The deadline for South African Media Innovation Challenge is 31st October.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- 20 High School Scholarships in Canada
- Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) Bursary Awards For South Africans
- GRAL Labex Master Scholarship Program in France
- University of Witwatersrand PhD Scholarship at, Johannesburg in South Africa
- TATA AFRICAN SCHOLARSHIPS IN SCIENCE,ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
- MIB Enrolment Award at Monash South Africa
- Kader Asmal Fellowship South Africa
- 15 Cheapest Universities in Johannesburg: Tuition fees, Courses, and Ranking
- List of South African Scholarships APPLY
- MSc & PhD Scholarship at University of South Africa