One day, Stevie Nicks may be one of the world’s most famous persons.
The 73-year-old vocalist, songwriter, performer, and public speaker hails from Phoenix, Arizona, and her fame and popularity seem to be growing by the day.
In the late ’60s and early ’70s, Fleetwood Mac’s lead singer, Nicks, became a household name and has since established a solo career.
Despite being in the public eye for more than half a century, Nicks continues to generate news items and opinions.
However, one might ask, exactly why? After all, the point of our investigation. These are some of the best Stevie Nicks quotes that we could find, and we’ve compiled them into a list for your convenience.
Stevie Nicks Quotes
1. I think they all went too far. Their jeans got too low, their tops got too see-through. Personally, I think that sexy is keeping yourself mysterious. I’m really an old-fashioned girl, and I think I’m totally sexy.
2. Little girls think it’s necessary to put all their business on MySpace and Facebook, and I think it’s a shame…I’m all about mystery.
3. You know, the man of my dreams might walk round the corner tomorrow. I’m older and wiser and I think I’d make a great girlfriend. I live in the realm of romantic possibility.
3. If you have stage fright, it never goes away. But then I wonder: is the key to that magical performance because of fear?
4. Love is only one fine star away.
5. Singing is the love of my life, but I was ready to give it all up because I couldn’t handle people talking about how fat I was.
6. Do you want to be an artist and a writer, or a wife and a lover? With kids, your focus changes. I don’t want to go to PTA meetings.
7. It was my 16th birthday – my mom and dad gave me my Goya classical guitar that day. I sat down, wrote this song, and I just knew that that was the only thing I could ever really do – write songs and sing them to people.
8. My other family is Fleetwood Mac. I don’t need the money, but there’s an emotional need for me to go on the road again. There’s a love there; we’re a band of brothers.
9. My generation fought very hard for feminism, and we fought very hard to not be labeled as you had to have a husband or you had to be in a relationship, or you were somehow not a cool chick.
10. If you see somebody running down the street naked every single day, you stop looking up.
11. Right now I’m not involved with anybody, but I hope by 75 I will be again.
12. If you want to find somebody and you want to be married and you want to have children, don’t make it a rock star.
13. When you’re in a band with three writers, three great writers, you only get one third of the writer thing. So that’s the whole reason that I did a solo career. And that’s, you know, when I told Fleetwood Mac I was going to do that, they were of course terrified that I would do that record and then that I would quit.
14. I was not going to be a stupid girl singer. I was going to be way more than that.
15. I am pretty fearless, and you know why? Because I don’t handle fear very well; I’m not a good terrified person.
16. Men are going to go out on the road and they’re going to find other women. So if you really want to save yourself a whole lot of heartache, do not fall in love with somebody in a band. Just don’t.
17. By the time I was five, I was a little diva.
18. Even in my really bad, drugged-out days, I didn’t go away. I still toured, still did interviews. I never gave up the fight. That’s why I’m who I am today, because I didn’t leave. And I think I made the right choice.
19. For 70 nights, right across America, I’ve been getting out there with two ex-lovers, and we’ve been playing songs that are so specific to each of us, you just wouldn’t know. We’re friends now, but we can’t forget what happened between us.
20. Everything on this record is what I really wanted to say, and I’m back to being the poet I always thought I was.
21. I hated Chris, my brother. I would pull his hair and kick him, until one day my father gave him permission to fight back. I’ll be apologizing to him for the rest of my life.
Iconic Stevie Nicks Quotes
22. He and I were about as compatible as a rat and a boa constrictor.
23. I have my own life. And I am stronger than you know.
24. I made a conscious decision that I was not going to have children. I didn’t want others raising them, and looking after them myself would get in the way of being a musician and writer.
25. I watched Janis one time – we opened for her – and that’s the only time I ever saw her. We opened for Jimi Hendrix. I got to stand on the side of the stage and watch him for two hours, and then he died. But I got the essence before they left.
26. Rock and menopause do not mix. It is not good, it sucks and every day I fight it to the death, or, at the very least, not let it take me over.
27. We don’t need to have somebody that’s going to make sure they pay for our market bills. It’s like we have only one reason to love and that is for the real idea of love.
28. I said,’Instead of going in the direction that a lot of the women singers are going in [revealing], I’ll be very, very sexy under 18 pounds of chiffon and lace and velvet…I will have mystique.
29. But for me, I knew that if I had a baby, I would have to take care of that baby, and I wouldn’t have been happy with a nanny taking care of my baby and walking into the room and having my child run across the room to another woman.
30. I didn’t want to look like anyone else – like Janis Joplin or Grace Slick. That’s why I never went to any of the big designers.
31. I wouldn’t like to be in movies. Movie people are strange. They live a different life than musicians do.
32. Drownin’, in the sea of love Where everyone would love to drown. Stevie Nicks “Sara
33. If you’re an unattractive girl who’s trying to be beautiful with Botox, forget it. If you are a beautiful girl who’s trying to be beautiful with Botox, you will look like you’re angry all the time.
34. I have no fear, I have only love
35. Don’t Listen To Her, Listen Through Her.” Stevie Nicks
36. It’s really hard when you break up with somebody, or somebody breaks up with you, and you’re in this band; guess who you have to see in the next day in the hotel breakfast room? That person.
37. There is a part of me that has to depend on fantasy, because if you can’t be somewhat of a fantasy person, then you can’t write
38. Most women would not be happy being me. People say, ‘But you’re alone.’ But I don’t feel alone. I feel very alone.
39. Well, I’ve been afraid of changing because I’ve built my life around you, but time makes you bolder. Even children get older, and I’m getting older too.
40. And the moon never beams Without bringing me dreams And the sun never shines But I see the bright eyes I lie down by the side Of my darling My life, my life..
41. There are days when I swear I could fly like an eagle. And dark, desperate hours that nobody sees My arms stretched triumphant on top of the mountain. My head in my hands down on my knees
42. Being able to take care of myself is something that my mom really instilled in me.
43. And she laughed and she cried and she tried to taunt him
44. I’m doing lots of interviews and stuff. I’m longing for the days of getting up, not having to put on makeup and do my hair and just going to the studio.
45. I want to be age appropriate. I don’t want to be that girl you see walking away and she looks 25 and then she turns around and she looks 90.
46. The day before my 16th birthday I got my guitar.
47. I’ve been afraid of changing cause I built my life around you
48. I don’t really like to be filmed.
49. Don’t listen to her listen through her.
Stevie Nicks Funny Quotes
50. Prince and I were just friends. I think he would have been happy to have had a relationship.
51. I preferred not to be laden down with a big instrument. If you’re behind a guitar, you get used to being behind a guitar, and you don’t really perform because you can’t. I wanted to be able to just hold on to the mike and sing.
52. I had Botox and I hated it. For four long months, I looked like a different person.
53. When you’re rich and famous you are the dominant force in a relationship, even if you try hard not to be. I’ve talked of sacrificing everything for Fleetwood Mac, but I realize now that it is simply the only thing I’ve ever wanted to do.
54. “Your graciousness is what carries you. It isn’t how old you are, how young you are, how beautiful you are, or how short your skirt is. What it is, is what comes out of your heart. If you are gracious, you have won the game.”
55. “I have my own life. And I am stronger than you know.”
56. “But never have I been a blue calm sea. I have always been a storm.” ~ Stevie Nicks
57. “I am pretty fearless, and you know why? Because I don’t handle fear very well; I’m not a good terrified person.”
58. “I think they all went too far. Their jeans got too low, their tops got too see-through. Personally, I think that sexy is keeping yourself mysterious. I’m really an old-fashioned girl, and I think I’m totally sexy.”
59. “Prince and I were just friends. I think he would have been happy to have had a relationship.”
60. “If you’re an unattractive girl who’s trying to be beautiful with Botox, forget it. If you are a beautiful girl who’s trying to be beautiful with Botox, you will look like you’re angry all the time.”
61. I made a conscious decision that I was not going to have children. I didn’t want others raising them, and looking after them myself would get in the way of being a musician and writer.”
62. “Right now I’m not involved with anybody, but I hope by 75 I will be again.”
63. “It’s really hard when you break up with somebody, or somebody breaks up with you, and you’re in this band; guess who you have to see in the next day in the hotel breakfast room? That person. “
64. “Men are going to go out on the road and they’re going to find other women. So if you really want to save yourself a whole lot of heartache, do not fall in love with somebody in a band. Just don’t.”
65. “When you grow up as a girl, the world tells you the things that you are supposed to be: emotional, loving, beautiful, wanted. And then when you are those things, the world tells you they are inferior: illogical, weak, vain, empty.”
66. “There is always magic to be summoned at any point. I love to live in a world of magic, but not a fake world of magic. We all really basically have a lot of magic… It’s only those of us who choose to accept it, that really understand it. It’s there for everyone. That’s the only thing that I feel I am able to give to people and that’s why I know that they respond to me because I try to give them only their own magic… not mine, but theirs. ”
67. “I believe that there is a certain amount of mysticism that all women should have, that you should never tell all your secrets, that you should never tell everybody all about you.”
68. “I’m going to be singing Dreams and Rhiannon when I’m 75 – and that’s just fine with me. I just hope my chiffon doesn’t get tangled in my rocking chair.”
69. “You live by the light of the moon, and I live by desire.”
70. “I totally believe in magic. Because my life, I think, has been very magic, and magical things have come true for me time after time after time.”
71. “I’m not a witch, I just like Halloween, and I thought that blondes look skinnier in black.”
72. “Timeless is the creature who is wise. And timeless is the prisoner in disguise.”
73. “When you’re hurt or angry, let go by tapping into your humbleness. You want people to remember you for your grace. ”
74. “A wound gets worse when it’s treated with neglect.”
75. “And I knew then, as I know now, that I still have so much to do.”
76. “If the sun warms up the rain, and the rain puts out the sun. Why does the greatest love become the greatest pain?”
77. “Time cast a spell on you but you won’t forget me, I know I could have loved you, but you would not let me. I’ll follow you down ’til the sound of my voice will haunt you, you’ll never get away from the sound of the woman that loves you”
78. “I’m going to spend my life writing poems, turning them into music that will affect people and touch their hearts. I’m going to write the songs that people can’t write for themselves.”
79. “Time makes you bolder, children get older. I’m getting older, too.”
80. “You know, the man of my dreams might walk round the corner tomorrow. I’m older and wiser and I think I’d make a great girlfriend. I live in the realm of romantic possibility. ”
Stevie Nicks is an incredible artist who has inspired many people with her music. She is a powerful woman who has overcome many obstacles in her life, and she continues to make a difference in the world.
Her quotes are wise and meaningful, and they can help us to live our lives more fully and happily. We should all take the time to appreciate Stevie Nicks and her amazing work.
You can also check out: 100 Inspiring You Deserve The Best Quotes