Is it your desire to study in the UAE? Then, Abu Dhabi University is the right choice of school for you. From the courses offered to the internship opportunities open to you as an ADU student, you will find all the details you need to know here.
Basically, the mission of the university is to produce global leaders who understand the challenges of the time and make positive contributions to national and global prosperity.
So carefully go through this article, and get all the necessary information you need to get admitted into Abu Dhabi University.
About Abu Dhabi University
Abu Dhabi University (ADU) was established in 2003. The university is licensed by the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, and all of its degree programs have received accreditation by the Ministry.
The University is also accredited across the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), Jordan, Syria, Turkey, and Iran, and all its degree programs are recognized by the various Ministries of Education in these countries. The mission of the university is to produce global leaders who understand the challenges of the time and make positive contributions to national and global prosperity.
Also, the mission of Abu Dhabi University is to offer highly rewarding career-oriented undergraduate and graduate degree programs aligned with the needs of the United Arab Emirates and the region through excellence in teaching, student learning, faculty scholarship and engagement in community development.
The Campus of Abu Dhabi University –
Abu Dhabi University is a university in the United Arab Emirates with campuses in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Dubai.
#1. Abu Dhabi Campus
The University of Abu Dhabi is based in Abu Dhabi; the capital of the United Arab Emirates. The new campus is located in Khalifa City B, Abu Dhabi. This campus was opened in 2006.
Beyond the campus, Abu Dhabi (which translates as ‘father of the gazelle’) is a cosmopolitan, high-rise city offering a wide array of activities from sight-seeing to desert adventures.
Also, in the academic year 2017/2018 the campus had 150 dedicated faculty delivering the full range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs. These programs had over 4,400 students representing over 70 different nationalities.
Learn more about the available programs on this campus here.
#2. Al Ain campus
Again, the Abu Dhabi university also has another campus at Al Ain. This campus was opened in 2003 to meet the higher education need of the Al Ain community, and surrounding area.
Today, ADU, Al Ain campus is home to more than 50 dedicated faculty and over 1400 students representing 40 different nationalities.
As a student, the campus has provided a superior educational experience for you by equipping the school with the necessary facilities.
In addition, there are state-of-the-art computer laboratories, a micro‐teaching laboratory dedicated to the teaching programs, a Learning Support Center, a library with electronic resources available via the library portal 24/7, fully equipped classrooms, and audio/visual rooms, dedicated graduate program classrooms, and recreational facilities.
To learn more about the available programs on this campus, check here.
#3. Dubai Campus
ADU Dubai campus provides internationally recognized and accredited undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
The campus is designed with the educational needs of working professionals in mind, our programs are delivered through a flexible schedule, with classes offered in the evenings and over weekends.
In fact, this is the only University in the UAE equipped with Microsoft Surface Hub.
#4. Al Dhafra Center
Students studying in the Center benefit from the same excellence in teaching and learning that is the standard across all ADU campuses, with internationally accredited postgraduate degrees delivered in state‐of‐the‐art facilities by world‐class faculty.
The Al Dhafra Center opened for intake in 2018.
Programs currently on offer include Master of Business Administration, Master of Education in Educational Leadership, Professional Diploma in Teaching (English) and Professional Diploma in Teaching (Arabic).
Also, to learn more about the available programs on this campus, you check here.
Why Choose Abu Dhabi University?
Beyond a school’s reputation, acceptance rate, and graduation rate, there are other factors you should consider while choosing a school.
Indeed, a qualification from an accredited university gives you a competitive advantage in the job market. Thus, Abu Dhabi University (ADU) happens to be an internationally recognized academic institution for quality education and applied research.
These exciting factors below will make you love the Abu Dhabi university more:
- Safe and economically viable region.
- Globally recognized and respected degree programs.
- Study with students from over 56 nationalities.
- Small class sizes to promote greater individual support.
- Student support, including social programs and airport transfers
- Easy Visa Process
- Student-focused learning environment
- Customized English language foundation courses and preparatory courses to improve study and standardized test-taking skills.
- On-campus dormitories
Facilities at Abu Dhabi University
No matter the ADU campus you want to study in, you have been provided with the best facilities for a superior education experience.
- Multipurpose Hall
- Student union rooms
- Waiting rooms
Colleges at Abu Dhabi University
- University College
- College of Business Administration
- College of Arts and Science
- Abu Dhabi University CISCO Academy
Courses Offered at Abu Dhabi University
- Master of Business Administration
- MBA (Finance)
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Concentration in MBA (Human Resource)
- Master of Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Arts, Culture and Heritage Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication
- Professional Graduate Diploma in Teaching
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health and Safety
- Public Health(BSc)
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in the Persian Language
- Environmental Science(BSc)
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
- Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance
- Business Administration in Human Resources Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Management
- Business Administration in Marketing
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Interior Design
- Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering (Construction Engineering Management Concentration)
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering (Structural Engineering Concentration)
- Project Management
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering (General Civil Engineering)
ADU Tuition Fees: How much does it cost to study in Abu Dhabi?
Tuition is based upon the College and/or Department classification as opposed to the course classification or level. Tuition rates for undergraduate students vary from the tuition rates for graduate students. Costs of books and supplies are not included in the Tuition and Fees.
Students at Abu Dhabi University are also required to pay certain fees and other costs to attend the University.
On average, you can expect to pay around AED 48,000 for a master’s degree, and up to AED 120,000 for some specialized graduate degrees.
Notwithstanding, ADU reserves the right to change tuition and fee rates at any time. A tuition schedule is published prior to registration for each semester.
For more information, please click here to view the University’s Undergraduate fee structure.
* Fees are subject to change during the year as per government charges and testing bodies.
Does ADU provide internship workshops?
Yes. Abu Dhabi University provides two main internship workshops. However, there are terms and conditions which must be met
I. Internship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for an internship with ADU, the student must:
- Be currently enrolled as a third or fourth year student at ADU in a bachelor’s degree program. In addition, you must be at the appropriate stage, as specified by the respective department, in a master’s degree program.
- Be able to engage in an extensive internship lasting approx 6 weeks at 40 hours per week for the bachelor’s degree program. In fact, the master’s degree program will have different criteria as set out by the program requirements.
- Be in good academic and personal/professional standing at ADU and elsewhere. Good grades matter as well as good reputation.
II. Internship Program – Conditions
- All students will receive academic course credit for their work-training experience as well as hands-on professional experience. However, the award of course credit will be based on their performance evaluation.
- The Internship course is an undergraduate degree requirement for the students who meet the college eligibility criteria.
- The internship program does not entail any financial compensation to the interns.
- No ADU interns will involve themselves in any activities outside of the organization’s expected duties.
III. Professional Expectations of the Intern
- To respect and maintain confidentiality with all sensitive organizational information they may encounter during their internship
- To arrange their own transportation both to and from the organization they are placed with for the entire duration of their internship.
- Should the ADU intern fall subject to illness, he/she should inform both the relevant on-site and ADU supervisor as promptly as possible. Any days missed will need to be made up toward the end of the internship.
- To conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times and in all aspects of their working assignment. Specifically:
We Also Recommend
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.