Study In Uk: Birkbeck, University of London Law Masters (LL.M) Scholarships for African Students
Birkbeck, University of London is a public research university located in Bloomsbury, London. The School of Law at Birkbeck is offering postgraduate funding opportunities to incoming undergraduate students from select countries from Africa (see list of countries below).
Eligible Field of Study: International Economic Law (Justice and Development pathway) only.
The Patrick McAuslan Scholarship is for international students wishing to undertake an intensive LLM in International Economic Law (Justice and Development pathway) only.
Eligibility: To be eligible, candidate must:
- have successfully applied for the LLM International Economic Law (intensive – Justice and Development pathway; there is a separate application process for the LLM at the link above). Candidate must also have received at least a conditional offer for this LLM programme, and
- be from one of the following East African countries: Burundi, Comoros, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Rwanda, Somalia, Somaliland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- The competition is open to new students only.
Number of Awardees: 1 (one)
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship covers tuition fees of £14,775. Additionally it includes a monthly contribution towards living costs in London for the duration of the course from March to July (Approx. £ 5000). The total value of the award is worth GBP 20,000.
Duration of Scholarship: Full-time
How to Apply:
- To be considered for the scholarship you must submit this application form.
- Candidates should also submit a separate application for admission to the LLM International Economic Law (Intensive – Justice and Development pathway).
Award Provider: Birkbeck University of London School of Law
Application Deadline: 30th November, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Burundi, Comoros, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Rwanda, Somalia, Somaliland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
To be taken at (country): UK