MOFA Taiwan Fellowship for Foreign Researchers in Taiwan.
Offers are up for MOFA Taiwan fellowship for international researchers to undertake research studies at Taiwan’s universities, colleges or research institutions. Those who are currently conducting research, teaching, or studying in Taiwan are ineligible. A scholar’s field of study should be in the social sciences and humanities, with a topic related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, the Asia Pacific and Sinology. The terms of fellowship are 3 to 12 months. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Taiwan
Level: research studies in Taiwan.
Field(s): A scholar’s field of study should be in the social sciences and humanities, with a topic related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, the Asia Pacific, and Sinology at universities or academic institutions in Taiwan.
Deadline: June 30, 2017
Funded By: Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): MOFA Taiwan Fellowship is targeted for International applicants
‣ No. of awards: The total number of recipients is subject to MOFA’s annual budget.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : The terms of fellowship are three to 12 months.
|‣Value of Scholarship : Monthly grants are paid at the beginning of every month.
‣ The MOFA Taiwan Fellowship is established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) to award foreign experts and scholars interested in researches related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, Asia-Pacific region and Chinese studies to conduct advanced research at universities or academic institutions in Taiwan.
‣ The Taiwan Fellowship, echoing the APEC Scholarship Initiative, provides 12 Chinese Taipei APEC Fellowship openings per year exclusively for scholars and experts from developing APEC economies. The application process will begin in May 2016, and recipients will begin their research in Taiwan in January 2017.
‣ MOFA Taiwan Fellowship Recipients shall be foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates, or doctoral program students at related departments of overseas universities, or are research fellows at an equivalent level in academic institutions abroad. The Fellowship recipients (herein referred to as “the recipients”) are as follows:
‣ foreign nationals who are professors, associate professors, assistant professors, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates, or doctoral program students at related departments of overseas universities, or are research fellows at an equivalent level in academic institutions abroad;
‣ candidates recommended by ROC (Taiwan) overseas missions with a field of study on Taiwan’s foreign relations or cross-strait relations. Those who are currently conducting research, teaching, or studying inTaiwan are ineligible.
Selection Criteria for MOFA Taiwan Fellowship
‣ The ROC Embassy or Representative Office receives the application, verifies the data, and evaluates the applicant’s academic influence or potential.
Scholarship Application Method
To know the process of Taiwan fellowship grant and its regulations
Read the guidelines
‣ Applicants should first submit an on-line application form and then submit the following documents to the ROC Embassy or Representative Office in or nearest to their country of residence, as appropriate, for preliminary review:
A.Application Form ( http://taiwanfellowship.ncl.edu.tw/eng/apply_out.aspx );
B. Resume (including a publication list);
C. Research proposal (Three pages in principle using a standard research format); and
D. Two letters of recommendation, or one letter of recommendation and one letter of consent from the chief administrator of their institute.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : application period is from May 1 to June 30, 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.