Getting a scholarship to study in a dream university is what every student desires especially those that are not financially buoyant. For Tennessee students or students desiring to school in Tennessee a landlocked state in the U.S. South, Hope scholarships 2022 can be that opportunity you have been waiting for.
The Tennessee Hope Scholarships have helped thousands of students afford a university education. These prizes are awarded by the state government and support students who live in TN. Different scholarship amounts may vary depending on whether the candidate wishes to apply for a two- or four-year program.
This post provides you with detailed information about Tennessee Hope Scholarships and how you can successfully apply.
You can scroll the table of content below to get an overview of all this post entails.
About Tennessee HOPE Scholarship
The Tennessee HOPE Scholarship is a state program, administered through the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation, established to provide merit-based aid to Tennessee residents who are enrolled in one of the Tennessee public colleges, universities, or private colleges.
Home-schooled students, or those who have passed the GED examination, are eligible for consideration.
The HOPE Scholarship is established and funded from the net proceeds of the state lottery and awarded to entering freshmen who are enrolled at an eligible postsecondary institution within sixteen (16) months after graduating from a TN eligible high school.
Tennessee Hope Scholarships Worth
The exact amount of the scholarship varies depending on the type of college that the student wishes to attend. For example, students enrolled in a two-year college for the first two years of their studies can earn up to $1,500 to cover tuition fees.
Students wishing to attend a four-year institution (or a two-year institution where they reside on campus) have a slightly different fee structure. For these students, a prize of up to $1,750 is available during the first two years of the program.
In the last two years of their program, the maximum price has been raised to $2,250. This amount only reflects the offer for students interested in full-time education.
The financing of the HOPE grant will be suspended under certain conditions. The first is when the applicant has reached the maximum five-year registration period.
Secondly, as soon as a student has a bachelor’s degree, he can no longer be supported by this procedure. In addition, students who have reached 120 hours can not receive additional funding.
Eligibility of HOPE Scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship;
- Must be a Tennessee resident attending an eligible postsecondary institution in Tennessee.
- To meet non-traditional requirements, all applicants must be at least 25 years old.
- Must come from a home where income is less than $36,000 a year.
- Be an undergraduate student
- Must attend a university, a four-year college or two-year college
However, TN Hope Scholarships are renewable once students retain eligibility. In order to extend these bonuses, students must have at least 2.75 on average after reaching milestones of 24 and 48 hours.
Note, there is also a HOPE scholarship for non-traditional students. Generally, students residing in TN who have not been registered for at least two years are eligible.
Level/field of study
Hope scholarship is for undergraduate students and it takes care of Two or Four-Year Institutions courses.
This scholarship is awarded by Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC) and can be taken in the USA.
This scholarship is specifically for students in the US.
How to Apply
Early submission is important. To participate, applicants can apply by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available at www.fafsa.gov.
- Students must achieve a minimum 3.0 GPA or 21 or above GPA
- Students must receive at least a 21 on their ACT or 1060 on the SAT
- Other requirements check here.
The applications deadline for the fall semester is September 1st.
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
- University of Kentucky Scholarships 2022
- American Legion Scholarships 2022
- Rutgers Scholarships 2022
- Duke University Scholarships 2022
- Howard University Scholarships 2022 | APPLY
- University of Michigan Scholarships 2022
- The Ben Carson Scholarships 2022 | UPDATED
- Susan Buffett Scholarships 2022
- University of Tennessee Scholarship 2022
- Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholarships 2022
- Washington State University Scholarships 2022