Thorlabs are delighted to offer an Engineering Scholarship Programme through our UK Engineering Department. This opportunity is open to undergraduate students in the UK who are studying towards a degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, and is aimed towards students currently in their second or third year of study (third or fourth year in Scotland) looking for a scholarship for the final part of their degree.
Beginning with an 8 week summer placement, this role will expand your experience and advance your professional engineering career in a fast growing, multinational company.
- AAA/AAB at A Level in STEM subject areas.
- First year degree results of 2:1 or higher.
- Post-graduation employment commitment to Thorlabs. Minimum of 3 years for MEng and 2 years for BEng students.
- A passion for technology, excellent communication skills, the ambition to lead and the drive to achieve goals.
- As a part of the Engineering Scholarship Programme, Thorlabs will
- Pay you a scholarship of £9,000 in each of the remaining years of your undergraduate studies.
- Allocate you a mentor from our engineering team to be a point of contact during your studies and to support you as you commence and develop your Thorlabs career.
- Provide 8 weeks of paid work experience each remaining summer of your degree.
- Guarantee a graduate-level job with us upon your graduation.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.