One of the most difficult situations international students face is finding the right scholarship for them to study in Australia. The new University of Adelaide Higher Education Scholarship (International) is ongoing and provides a reduction of 25% of the tuition fee. Scholarships are open to citizens of any country (except Australia and New Zealand).
Because this post is going to be concise, we will be going straight to the points. having established that, let us begin by talking about University of Adelaide before going on to the Higher Education scholarship for international students.
Table of Contents Hide
- What do I need to know about the University of Adelaide
- Applying and obtaining an Australian student visa
- EDITOR’S RECOMMENDATION
What do I need to know about the University of Adelaide
The University of Adelaide, one of Australia’s most esteemed universities is well-known internationally for excellence in education and recognized as one of Australia’s most respected research-intensive universities. While studying at the University of Adelaide, students experience an inspiration that spurs up by the research-oriented environment at the university. You will receive the best academic preparation to achieve in your chosen discipline and equip you with the knowledge and skills to make a real difference.
The University of Adelaide aims to create and engender a university culture that values health, safety, and wellbeing as fundamental components of the work environment, supported by safe systems of work, appropriate governance, training, management structures, and operational strategies.
Level/Field of Study
University of Adelaide Higher Education Scholarship is made available for international students who are pursuing their undergraduate and postgraduate programs in any of the numerous courses available at the university.
Higher Education Scholarship for International Students is one of the popular and highly sought-after scholarship programs proudly hosted by the University of Adelaide, Australia.
You can also check our scholarship by country category for more scholarship updates. A must-read if you want to win this award: 15 Important Tips on Winning a Scholarship
Higher Education Scholarship at the University of Adelaide is available for International Students.
As an international student who desires to study in Australia, you can check out Latest Australian Permanent Residency Visa & Citizenship Requirements
University of Adelaide Higher Education Scholarship benefits come in the form of a 25% tuition fee reduction for the minimum standard full-time duration of the student’s chosen undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
The scholarships provide a tuition fee waiver of the scholarship value for the duration indicated in the scholarship award letter for study at the University of Adelaide.
However, the scholarships reward do not cover the costs of visas, Overseas Student Health Cover, travel, accommodation, living expenses, books, and study materials or any other expenses associated with living in Adelaide or study at the University of Adelaide.
The number of scholarship offers was not given.
A candidate is considered to be eligible for the University of Adelaide Higher Education Scholarship if he/she fulfills the following requirements;
- Either be an alumnus (graduate) of an AQF-recognised Australian Higher Education institution or (b) have recently successfully completed an AQF-recognised Higher Education institution prior to commencing your degree at the University of Adelaide;
- Have a University of Adelaide offer of admission (full offer or conditional offer) as a full-fee-paying international student;
- Complete the acceptance process as outlined in your offer of admission.
Note: Scholarship applicants who are eligible for more than one scholarship offered by the University of Adelaide will only be entitled to receive one scholarship (the highest value scholarship award for which they are eligible).
The following applicants are not eligible to receive these scholarships:
- Current University of Adelaide students who are transferring from one program to another prior to the successful completion of their program of study (internal transfers)
- Students who are recipients of a scholarship covering tuition fees awarded by a recognized scholarship awarding bodies such as a government ministry or department;
- Applicants for Masters by Research or Ph.D. programs.
- Applicants for certain programs; see the scholarship terms and conditions for a list of excluded degrees.
The university’s preferred accredited English language tests are IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson Test of English – Academic, and CAE (Cambridge English: Advanced).
Students without the required level of English will need to satisfactorily complete an intensive program of English language before being admitted to the University of Adelaide. The university can arrange an appropriate English language program, Academic English (PEP Pathway) in Adelaide at the university’s English Language Centre.
Scholarship Application Procedures
University of Adelaide Higher Education Scholarship, may not necessarily require the application from the candidate because the scholarship will be automatically awarded to students who meet the eligibility requirements and scholarship closing date requirements.
Scholarship recipients will be notified by email within two weeks of finalizing their acceptance process.
The deadline for applications for the University of Adelaide Higher Education Scholarship is not definitely stated.
So it is open throughout the year but applicants are encouraged to finalize their admissions process as early as possible to allow enough time for them to apply for a visa and prepare for their studies.
The candidate can begin the application and get more information about the scholarship by clicking the scholarship link
Applying and obtaining an Australian student visa
In order to study in Australia, you will need to obtain an Australian student visa. You must be able to meet the following key Australian student visa requirements:
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement( interview to show the intention of stay in Australia)
- All international students apply for the same visa: the Student Visa (Subclass 500), which you must apply for online.
- Before applying for a visa, you’ll need to obtain a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) or a Letter of Offer
- Pay the visa application fee, and perhaps attend an interview.
- Financial requirements: Evidence of sufficient funds to cover tuition, travel, and living costs. Alternatively, you can show evidence that your spouse or parents are willing to support you.
- English proficiency requirement: If you’re not from an English-speaking country (and haven’t completed at least five years’ study in an English-speaking country) you’ll need to prove you can speak English to the required level.
- Health requirements: Some students may be asked to take a medical and/or a radiological check-up to show they’re in good health (this applies, for example, to those who intend to train as a doctor, dentist, or nurse).
Except for those from Belgium or Norway, all students are obliged to purchase Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
Students from Sweden who have purchased health insurance through Kammarkollegiet will not need to purchase OSHC. Belgian and Norwegian students are also not required to purchase OSHC as part of their visa requirements.
- Character requirements: Australian student visa requirements stipulate you must be of good character to enter Australia. This includes a criminal record check, to make sure you don’t have a substantial criminal record. You may also need to acquire a penal clearance certificate (or police certificate) or get a police statement and may be asked to complete a Character Statutory Declaration Form.
The Department of Home Affairs website has a document checklist feature that will provide you with a list of documents required for submission which includes;
- Completed Australian student visa application form (157A)
- Paid visa application fee – currently AU$560 (~US$430) in most cases
- Copy of passport biodata page (some students may be asked to physically provide their passport)
- Certificate of Enrolment or Letter of Offer
- Evidence of sufficient funds
- Evidence of health insurance cover
- English proficiency test results
- Criminal record check results
- Four recent passport-sized photographs
After you have assembled and scanned your supporting documents, you’ll need to create an account and apply with the online ImmiAccount application system.
Most visa applications take four weeks to process. If you study in Australia for a course that is longer than 10 months and finishes at the end of an Australian academic year (usually mid-December) your visa will usually be valid until 15 March the following year.
If your course is longer than 10 months and finishes in January to October, your visa will usually be valid for two months following the completion of your course.
Facts you need to know about Australia
You Need a Visa
To study in Australia for more than three months, you will need a visa. The process for applying is fairly easy. It’s all done online and it is virtually linked to your passport
Australia is Expensive
Sydney and Melbourne regularly make the top ten lists of the world’s most expensive cities. From housing to groceries, prepare to experience some sticker shock and make sure to have a good chunk of change saved.
Australia is Huge
The “Australian dream” for many includes the Great Barrier Reef, Uluru, and the Outback, the Sydney Opera House, and so much more. But to come to Australia expecting to see all this and more is likely a fantasy unless you have a lot of time and money to burn. Wherever you are studying, there are surely plenty of amazing things nearby, and you can probably swing one big trip, but manage your expectations about seeing the whole country.
Make an Effort to Study Up on the Country
Speaking of stereotyping — make sure you read up about Australia before you set out to study abroad there. For example, what is the capital of Australia? Canberra! Impress your host country citizens by knowing a bit more than the average Joe, don’t be an ugly American!
Regardless of which study abroad program you select, you will most certainly get a feel for Australia’s infamous laidback attitude, appreciation for nature, and overall contagious good vibes.
You May be Able to Work While you’re in Australia
Remember that really expensive student visa you had to pay for? Well, you can earn that money back! The typical study visa in Oz will allow you to work a certain amount of hours each week. Considering the high minimum wage in Australia, it may well be worth it.
- Fully funded Wenner-Gren Foundation Ph.D. Fellowships for African Students
- Simple Procedures to get an Indian Student Visa Fast
- Tel Aviv University Postdoctoral, Doctoral, and Visiting Fellowships in Israel
- Next Generation Social Sciences Doctoral Fellowships for African Countries
- LEAP Africa Graduate Internship Programme
- EACVI Training Grants for International Students in Europe
- Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership Vacancy
- Banting Postdoctoral Annual Fellowships For Canadian and International Students.
- Swedish Institute Creative Force Grants Program
- Thorlabs Engineering Scholarship Programme in the UK
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.