The University of Ottawa is glad to announce its international Scholarships to study in CANADA. The University of Ottawa International Scholarships is for international students pursuing undergraduate & graduate programs.
The Faculty of Engineering will provide up to 60 scholarships in support of approved international activities (e.g., internships or visiting terms in foreign corporations, universities, and institutions) on a competitive basis.
The University of Ottawa is a vital, engaged and vibrant center for human understanding and advancement – offering a superior educational experience.
Credit goes to our staff, faculty, and students across all departments, services, and faculties and to our partners in the public and private sectors.
Their work on the issues facing society, and their commitment to delivering a learning experience of the highest caliber, are why the University of Ottawa is gaining increasing recognition for research and academic excellence and for our positive contribution to the local community and the country at large.
The University is always interested in receiving applications from those who wish to join its academic staff.
Although applications cannot be accepted for a specific position once the deadline has passed, your application will be retained for future postings.
Table of contents
- What You Need To Know About The University of Ottawa International Scholarships:
- Level/Field of Study:
- Host Nationality:
- Eligible Nationalities:
- Scholarship Benefits:
- Eligibility Requirements:
- How To Apply For The University of Ottawa International Scholarships
- Scholarship Applications Deadline:
What You Need To Know About The University of Ottawa International Scholarships:
In order to enhance students’ experience at the University of Ottawa and provide useful international experience, each year, the Faculty of Engineering will provide up to 60 scholarships in support of approved international activities (e.g., internships, or visiting terms in foreign corporations, universities,, institutions) on a competitive basis.
The terms of the proposed activities may range from 1 month to 12 months
Level/Field of Study:
The University of Ottawa International Scholarships is available for pursuing undergraduate & graduate programs at the University of Ottawa, Canada.
The fellowship can be taken in Canada.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you; Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The University of Ottawa International Scholarships is available for international students.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country: Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The value of each scholarship will be up to $6,000, with the exact amount depending on the significance and needs of the proposed activities.
Applicant must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the University of Ottawa International Scholarships:
- Full-time Faculty of Engineering undergraduate or graduate students may apply.
- Students in their first eight months as undergraduates or in their final term of registration (at any level) are not eligible.
- Thesis-based graduate students need to get approval from their thesis supervisors before applying.
- Students can only get a single IES scholarship (lifetime).
- Some short-term events (e.g. summer schools) with a duration of less than one month can also be considered under exceptional circumstances.
English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How To Apply For The University of Ottawa International Scholarships
Please read the regulations carefully to be sure you are eligible to apply. We recommend you check the form early in case a reference or endorsement is required to support your application and to familiarize yourself with the form.
All applications, including a signed completed application form, a C.V., a transcript and a letter from a representative of the proposed destination, must be sent to engineering.international-at-uOttawa.ca.
Request a form
Please send a request to engineering.international@uOttawa.ca to receive the application form. You may also contact us at 613-562-5800 ext. 6508.
Submit your application
All applications, including a signed completed application form, a C.V., a transcript, and a letter from a representative of the proposed destination, must be sent to engineering.international@uOttawa.ca.
The relevance of the proposed activity as a meaningful international experience for the student. Supervisory, budgetary, and other considerations.
The Faculty of Engineering International Office will be responsible for collecting the applications, preparing the documents for the evaluation committee, announcing the results to the candidates, and following up on each funded activity.
Vice-Dean International will take the lead in obtaining funds for the scholarship and organizing and chairing the scholarship evaluation committee. The evaluation committee will be composed of the following: Vice-Dean International (Chair) and two professors from the Faculty from 3 different academic units. The two professors will be selected jointly by the Dean and Vice-Dean International.
Students who are awarded the IES scholarship will need to provide the following documents no later than two weeks after their return to Canada:
- Boarding passes (or equivalent documents)
- A letter from the foreign institution (or foreign supervisor, etc.) attesting the participation in the planned activities or some equivalent document.
Students who do not provide such documents will have to refund the amount of the IES scholarship, i.e., it will be charged to their student account.
Scholarship Applications Deadline:
- October 15th for activities that start in the following Winter term
- February 15th for activities that start in the following Summer term
- June 15th for activities that start in the following Fall term.
WE DULY RECOMMEND:
- Top 100 Universities in Britain to Study
- Study in the UK; Cost of Study, Cost of Living and How to apply for Admission
- Fully Funded Total Engineering Scholarships for study at IFP School in France & Imperial College in the UK
- The Denys Holland Scholarship at University College London
- List of Top 50 Universities In The World
- Study In UK: Imperial College of London Ranking, Tuition and Application Procedures