Amazon customers can choose from a variety of credit cards, both from the e-commerce behemoth and from other credit card companies that reward online and in-store shopping.
We’ve written a review of a few of the Amazon credit cards available, their rewards, and their unique features.
About Amazon Credit Card Account?
Amazon is the giant in the room for easy, instant access to hundreds of thousands of different products.
For that reason, it has different credit cards account available for different kinds of products. Basically, there are four Amazon Credit Cards available. These credit cards are unique and relevant to different Amazon customers.
All you have to consider before choosing the best credit card for yourself as a customer is to first answer the following questions:
- Which Amazon customers are mine (Prime or non-Prime)?
- Do I want to be able to pay for a major Amazon purchase using a credit card or not?
- Do I buy at Whole Foods on a regular basis?
Your answers to these questions will help you choose the right Amazon credit card account to go for.
That being said, let’s take a look at the Amazon Credit cards. Here they are;
- Amazon.com Store card
- Prime Store Card
- Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Business American Express Card.
- Amazon Secure Card
Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card
With this Amazon credit card account, you can be rewarded on every purchase, both on and off Amazon.com.
At Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market, including Whole Foods Market 365 shops and www.wholefoodsmarket.com, you will get 5% or 3% cashback.
At gas stations, restaurants, and drugstores, you’ll get 2% back. And for all other purchases, you’ll get 1% back, including a $100 Amazon fit card sign-up bonus.
Isn’t that interesting?
Note also that you can use points to earn your percent back benefits. And the interesting part is that there are no point maximums or earning limits. You can earn as much as you want!
And for every penny you earn in percent back rewards, you get one point. When redeemed at Amazon.com for qualified purchases, every 100 points equals $1.00. You can use your points to make qualified purchases on Amazon.com or redeem them for cash back, gift cards, and travel through Chase.
Summarily, this Amazon credit card has other additional benefits such as:
- There are no costs for international transactions.
- Accidental travel insurance
- Compensation for misplaced luggage
- Insurance for baggage delays
- Extended warranty and purchase protection
- Visa Deals from the Signature Luxury Hotel Collection
- Visa Concierge service of distinction
Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card
Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card just like Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature card has variable APR for purchases and balance transfers is 14.24% to 22.24%.
It offers 3% back on Whole Foods Market and Amazon.com purchases; 2% back at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores; and 1% back on all other purchases.
For a sign-up bonus, this Amazon card offers a $50 Amazon.com gift card.
Amazon Business American Express Card
This is another Amazon Credit account that has numerous benefits that are more favorable.
Businesses can use the Amazon Business Line of Credit to make purchases and then pay for them later.
These credit lines, which are managed by Synchrony Bank, have a 55-day payment term. There are no interest charges or annual fees because you must pay the balance in full.
Also, small company owners that utilize Amazon Prime and frequently make business purchases through Amazon or connected services can benefit from the Amazon Business Prime American Express Card.
It is thus a metal card that requires you to be a member of Amazon Prime or Amazon Business Prime.
Now compared to other credit cards like Amazon Prime credit card account, the cost of an Amazon Business Prime membership may be less than that of a basic Amazon Prime account.
If you buy in bulk, you may be able to gain discounts or tiered pricing on things that the general public does not have access to.
Some benefits include:
- A 5% back or 90 Day Terms on U.S. purchases at Amazon Business, AWS, Amazon.com, and Whole Foods Market.
- A 3% back or 90 Day Terms on U.S. purchases at Amazon Business, AWS, Amazon.com, and Whole Foods Market.
- Then, 2% Back at U.S. restaurants, U.S. gas stations, and on wireless phone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers.
- And 1% back on other purchases.
Amazon Prime Store Card
The Amazon Prime Store is one of the best Amazon credit Cards that give you an indefinite 5% off sale.
All you need to pair it with a Visa or Mastercard that allows you to maximize the rewards you earn on all of your other purchases.
In terms of reward, you can choose between zero-interest financing for various amounts and types of purchases or 5% back as a statement credit.
Also, its variable APR for purchases and balance transfers is 25.99%.
Amazon.com Store Card
With this amazon credit card account, you can pay over time. That means you can buy now and pay over time with 6, 12, or 24 months of financing.
Also, you can be sure of zero fraud liability and a $0 annual credit card fee.
However, it is known as a $10 Amazon.com gift card because it offers a $10 as sign-up bonus. In terms of rewards, it offers zero-interest financing for various amounts and types of purchases.
Note, its variable APR for purchases and balance transfers is 25.99%.
Amazon Secured Card
The Amazon Secured Card is a one-of-a-kind credit card with two sets of features: Secured Card and Store Card, ideal for consumers who want to establish or rebuild their credit.
Once you’ve been accepted for an Amazon Secured Card account, you’ll be able to use just the Secured Card features, which need a security deposit to open. The amount of your credit limit will be equivalent to the security deposit.
It’s a secured Amazon Store Card with a credit limit depends on the initial deposit. But unlike Amazon store card, it will provide you an opportunity to convert the card into a traditional credit card with no deposit required.
Note, this will be based on responsible credit usage and eligibility criteria.
With this card, you can get a fixed APR of 10% on all your purchases, no annual charge, and free credit tracking tools.
Also, you will get a cashback, but only if you have an Amazon Prime membership, which starts at $119 annually for a standard membership.
When compared with other cards, like debits or prepaid cards, the Amazon Secured Card is a real credit card. It will require you to pay your balance in full each month by the payment due date.
While you must make the minimum payment required each month, you can always pay the full statement balance or any amount in between.
Synchrony Bank submits your credit activity to the major credit agencies, allowing you to establish credit through prudent use.
The only disadvantage of using this card is that it requires a security deposit and can only be used to make purchases at Amazon.
What to Consider
Although all the cards are credit cards, it’s crucial to note that two of them, the Amazon.com Store Card and the Amazon Prime Store Card, don’t work like regular credit cards.
The majority of credit cards, including Visa Signature cards, allow you to charge a purchase anywhere that card is accepted.
The Amazon.com Store Card and Amazon Prime Store Card, on the other hand, can only be used at Amazon and not anywhere else.
You can choose between three tiers of interest-free financing with these two cards: six months for purchases of $150 or more, twelve months for purchases of $600 or more, and twenty-four months for selected expenditures of $800 or more.
What are the Amazon Credit Card Account Manage Methods?
To manage payment methods, follow these steps:
- Select Your Payments from the drop-down menu in Your Account.
- Then, choose one of the following options:
Select the applicable link under the payment method you want to add to add a payment method.
To edit or remove a payment method, pick Edit or Remove from the drop-down arrow beside the applicable payment option.
Follow the directions on the screen.
Remember, when re-issuing cards, card issuers may supply Amazon with updated payment card information.
Also keep in mind that some Health Savings Accounts (HSA) cards cannot be registered as FSA/HSA cards with Amazon, but they can still be used as credit cards.
And if you register your HSA card as a credit card, you’ll be in charge of making sure it’s only used for approved purchases.
The types of things you can buy with HSA cards that are registered as credit cards are not automatically limited. If you use the card to buy ineligible goods or services, you may be required to report them and pay additional taxes.
How to Manage your Amazon Credit Card Account
The following steps are ways to manage your Amazon Store Card or Amazon Secured Card account:
- When you link your Amazon and Synchrony Bank accounts, you’ll be able to see basic information about your Amazon Store Card or Amazon Secured Card account on Amazon. To link the cards, click the ‘Link Now’ option on the third card and input your Synchrony Bank user ID and password.
- Account management portal for Synchrony Bank.
- The Amazon Store Card app for Android and iOS. For iOS, go here, and for Android.
- Any Alexa-enabled device can use Amazon Alexa (using the Amazon Store Card skill).
Note, customer assistance at Synchrony Bank is available by phone or chat.
How to Make Payment
By logging in to your Synchrony Bank online account, you can make onetime or regular payments to your Amazon Store Card or Amazon Secured Card Account.
Your account’s payment due date can be determined on your monthly billing statement or by logging into your account online.
Do one of the following:
Pay one-time payment:
- Log in to your Synchrony Bank account at http://www.syncbank.com/amazon/ or link your Amazon and Synchrony accounts to go straight to Synchrony from Amazon.
- Scroll down and select View and Make Payments after hovering over Payments at the top of the page.
- Select Minimum Payment, Statement Balance (as of your most recent statement), Current Balance, or Other in the first field.
- Then select the Payment Date in the second field.
- Select an existing payment method in the third field. You can also adjust your payment options by selecting Add New Payment Method or Update Payment Methods.
- After you’ve double-checked the information, click Submit Payment.
Note: If you’re registering for the first time, you’ll need your entire account number to complete the registration process and create a login and password for your Synchrony account. Select Minimum Payment, Statement Balance, Current Balance, or Other in the first field.
To make a recurring payment, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Synchrony Bank account at http://www.syncbank.com/amazon, or link your Amazon and Synchrony accounts to go straight to Synchrony from Amazon.
- Hover over Payments at the top of the page, then click Manage Autopay from the drop-down menu.
- Select Minimum Payment, Statement Balance (as of your most recent statement), Current Balance, or Other from the drop-down menu.
- Set up a recurring payment by selecting your bank account and reviewing the terms and conditions. Select Set Up Autopay if you agree.
You’ll receive confirmation that you’ve set up a recurring payment and that you can cancel it at any time before the scheduled payment date.
Note: If you’re registering for the first time, you’ll need your entire account number to complete the registration process and create a login and password for your Synchrony account.
Aside from the above-mentioned methods, you can make payments through phone calls and emails. For phone call payment, Synchrony Bank can be reached at 1-866-634-8379. This can be done without charges.
Then when using the email payment method, send a check or money order for the amount you intend to pay to Synchrony Bank / Amazon, P.O. Box 960013, Orlando, FL 32896-0013, along with the remittance slip from your monthly statement to the following address: Synchrony Bank / Amazon, P.O. Box 960013, Orlando, FL 32896-0013.
Which Amazon Credit Card is the Best for you?
Which card you choose is ultimately determined by how you want to utilize it.
Do you want a card that you can only use to finance purchases on Amazon?
If that’s the case, the Amazon Prime Store Card or Amazon.com Store Card could be ideal for you. Although it can only be used on Amazon, it can be used to finance purchases.
However, if you want an Amazon card that you can use everywhere, the next question is whether you are an Amazon Prime member now or in the future.
Choose the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card if you’re an Amazon Prime member. Otherwise, the choice is simple: Pick the Amazon Reward Visa Signature Card.
It’s comforting to know that depending on your Amazon Prime membership status, these two Visa Signature cards can be used interchangeably.
If you have the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card and want to upgrade to Amazon Prime, simply log into your account, choose Manage Payment Options, and follow the prompts to upgrade your rewards level to the higher 5% back rate.
If you have an Amazon Prime Store Card and terminate your Prime membership, your card will be switched to an Amazon.com Store Card immediately.
You’ll be immediately upgraded to the Amazon Prime Store Card if you join Prime and hold an Amazon.com Store Card.
It’s a no-brainer based on these facts: Choose the card that best fits your scenario based on your Amazon Prime status and make changes as needed.
You’ll be well on your way to earning fantastic cashback on Amazon purchases in no time.
Before I wrap it up, it’s worth noting that you can change your Amazon account in general. Among them are the following:
- Make a new password.
- Change the name of your account.
- Make changes to your email address
- Change the way you communicate.
- A payment method can be added or removed.
- Change the settings on your credit or debit card (for example, update the expiration date for a card)
- Include your billing address.
Frequent Asked Questions
1. ICICI shares your card PIN immediately after card generation via SMS.
2. You may generate your PIN on the interactive voice response system (IVR) by calling ICICI toll free number
Go to https://pay.amazon.com/us/ to access Amazon Payments.
Make sure you’re logged in to your account.
Select Edit My Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
My credit cards can be added, edited, or deleted by clicking Add, Edit, or Delete.
Fill in the credit card and billing information.
Select Add New Card from the drop-down menu.
The disadvantage is that it requires a security deposit and can only be used to make purchases at Amazon.
On an Amazon account, you can:
1. Make a new password.
2. Change the name of your account.
3. Make changes to your email address
4. Change the way you communicate.
5. A payment method can be added or removed.
6. Change the settings on your credit or debit card (for example, update the expiration date for a card)
- How Does Amazon Supply Chain Work in 2022 | Full Guide
- How to Delete Order History on Amazon in 2022 | Easy Guide
- Best Ways To Get Paid To Write Reviews On Amazon In 2022
- All You Need To Know About Amazon Storefront In 2022
- Amazon Prime Student Vs Prime: How It Works | Which Is Worth It?
- Is Amazon Prime Better Than Netflix In 2022? My Experiences