I know the stress I pass through trying to remember passwords for different platforms I have an account with. It can be frustrating! You can even attest that if you’ve multiple accounts.
The same with when you’ve multiple investment accounts. True be told, keeping track of all the accounts isn’t easy at all. This is because each platform has its benefits with different passwords. It will always be difficult to keep track of all without inconveniencing yourself.
This is where Investment Tracking Software comes to play. With an investment tracking tool, you can manage all your investment accounts in one place with ease. Also, you can track your stocks, and monitor your investments.
However, there are over hundreds of investment portfolio tracking software available today, but not to worry about the stress you will encounter searching, I’ve done the legwork for you.
In this article, I’ve rounded up the 20 best investment tracking and portfolio management software that will help simplify your life in the investing world. You can also have access to Investment Advice Websites with Realtime Data.
Navigate through the table of contents to get an overview.
Table of contents
- What’s an Investment Tracking Software?
- What to consider when choosing Investment Tracking Software
- A High Number of Trackable Assets
- Speed and Accuracy
- User-friendly interface
- #1. Personal Capital
- #2. Money Patrol
- #3. SigFig Portfolio Tracker
- #4. Morningstar Portfolio Manager
- #5. Mint.com
- #6. Google Sheets
- #7. BankTree
- #8. MoneySpire
- #9. WeVest
- #10. ShareSight
- #11. StockRover
- #12. Quicken Premier
- #13. M1 Finance
- #14. Betterment
- #15. Investment Account Manager
- #16. Fund Manager
- #17. Ticker
- #18. Master Investor 6
- #19. Portfolio Visualizer
- #20. YahooFinance Portfolio Tracker
What’s an Investment Tracking Software?
An Investment Tracking Software is a computer program or tracker that allows you to view details about your investments.
It has features such as purchase, sale, dividends, capital gains, and price data. With an investment software tracker, you can analyze your investments and find out which are performing best and those that are lagging.
Moreso, you will be able to see how your current allocation stacks up with your long-term goals.
See 15 Best Net Worth Trackers In 2023|Money Management Tips
What to consider when choosing Investment Tracking Software
Below are some of the qualities to consider when choosing an Investment Tracking Software:
Cost is very important. There are best free investment tracking softwares you can get started with. Some have add-ons that can be purchased to enhance the experience, but a free method for new users is a must.
A High Number of Trackable Assets
What good is a portfolio tracker if you can’t follow the funds you own? A good tracker will let you follow all types of investments, from stocks and bonds to ETFs. There are even crypto portfolio trackers.
Speed and Accuracy
These are important qualities that are software tracker must’ve to be among the best investment portfolio tracking software. Go for a tracker that loads quickly on your phone or laptop.
When considering Investment Tracking Software, go for trackers that has a user-friendly interface. With this quality, it can be operated on easily by anyone.
#1. Personal Capital
This financial investment monitoring app is the best of its rival brands and is the most popular product you can use to track investment.
Personal Capital lets you add all your accounts to the dashboard so that you can see your net worth and determine the quality of your current portfolio using the Fee Analyzer or Investment Check tools.
Other services you can get with Personal Capital includes
- 401 (k) Fee Analyzer which determines the fees you’re actually paying and points you to less expensive investment options within your plan.
- Investment Checkup which gives you an evaluation of where you’re at across your various accounts and includes portfolio target recommendations, rebalancing suggestions, and determines the risk level in your portfolio.
- Retirement Calculator which allows you to calculate your expected monthly retirement income and projects your Social Security income.
- Click the link below to get more information
Click below to get this investment tracker
#2. Money Patrol
Money Patrol is one of thebest investment tracking software with strong package of features that help investors monitor their portfolio and budget.
RELATED: 10 Best Paying Jobs in Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) 2023
When you connect your account, you can see your purchases in real time and get updates to help you better understand what’s going on with your money.
Things you can do with Money Patrol include:
- Get Advanced Visual Dashboard. This will give you an instant glance at your finances.
- Getting to see your money in flow and outflow.
- Track your investment and connect them will other investment accounts you have.
Visit the official website to get this tracker.
#3. SigFig Portfolio Tracker
This is another good investment tracker software that can help you track yourstock portfolio. Basically, Sigfig is a robo-advisor platform that provides automated portfolio construction and management.
With this software, you would get a summary email that shows your performance of your investments and regular reports with breakdowns of the latest portfolio news.
Other things you can do with SigFig Portfolio Tracker:
- Synchronize your investment accounts for more than 80 brokerage firms.
- Analyses your fees including the hidden fees.
Click below to get SigFig
#4. Morningstar Portfolio Manager
Morningstar Portfolio Manager is one of the best investment tracker that allows investors to import or manually enter their holdings and gain valuable insights.
It is a free Morningstar portfolio x-ray that shows stock style diversification, sector and style breakdowns, geographical distribution, and a summary of fees and expenses.
Things you can do with this best free investment tracking software:
- See what your actual holdings are using portfolio X-Ray.
- Compare multiple investments.
- Monitor market activity using a heat map.
Mint is another best investment tracking and portfolio management software that is popular. It permits you to input other institutions account information in one screen.
Things you can do with Mint includes:
- Monitoring and managing your portfolio for effective investment.
- keep track of your investments and budgets.
- Analyze your fees to ascertain the level of your investment growth.
To get mint, click below
#6. Google Sheets
Google sheets are the best google investment tracking software perfect for Retirement Savers.
With this software, you can take total control of your data because you will be provided with enough information to manage even the most complex portfolio.
Things you can do with this investment tracking spreadsheet:
- Take advantage of Google finance functions to pull in information about a stock, ETF, or mutual fund.
- Rebalance your portfolio.
Click below to get Google Sheets.
BankTree is another best investment tracking software mint that allows you control your finance.
It has a user-friendly interface that would make recording your income and expenditure easier.
Things you can do with this investment tracking software:
- Get comprehensive video tutorials,
- Up-to-date market values for all your investments
- Synchronize your BankTree Mobile app data with the desktop platform
This is a quick and easy-to-use and efficient financial investment monitoring app that takes your financial life to one location without expensive subscriptions or forced updates.
You can switch seamlessly from other finance applications, and you don’t have to bring your details online.
With Moneyspire, you can monitor your accounts and balances, and get spending and revenue data.
Other things you can do with this best free investment tracking software:
- Get bill and deposit notifications or future deposits
- Create comprehensive reports and maps to see where your money is headed, plus quick filing of tax returns.
- Set budgets, estimate future account balances, reconcile banking statements.
- Connect directly to your bank and instantly import transfers and pay bills.
RELATED: Best Banks In Canada In 2023 | Rates, Account Types, Min. Deposit
Note, if your bank doesn’t support this direct connection, Moneyspire Connect will come in handy.
Click below to get Moneyspire
If you need to work on your net worth, then WeVest is perfect for you.
With this free investment tracking software, you can bring all your accounts together and forecasts your entire financial future.
Also, you can easily keep a track of your net worth, save and achieve your retirement plans.
Other things you can do with WeVest:
- Compare your net worth with other people’s net worth.
- Probably allocate your money to meet your financial goals.
Click below to learn more and get WeVest:
Another best investment tracking software we can’t just but mention is Sharesight.
Sharesight helps you to import your trading records so that you can conveniently track your corporate behavior.
In order to keep a close watch on your savings, there are regular price and currency alerts along with comprehensive data. This includes quick filing of tax returns.
Things you can do with Sharesight:
- Easily share your tax reports with others
- Monitor your finances
- Record unlisted investments.
Click the link below to get Sharesight
StockRover another best free investment tracking software that allows you link up your brokerage account. So, you may want to go for this investment tracker if you have brokerage accounts.
Moreso, it is the right tool for analyzing portfolios against benchmarks. Interestingly, you can link accounts such as Vanguard, Charles Schwab, Fidelity, TD Ameritrade, Wells Fargo, E*Trade, and Chase.
Read Also: Fidelity Vs Vanguard Investment 2023: Why You Must Choose Any of These Brokerages
#12. Quicken Premier
Quicken Premier is another investing platform to track and review the portfolio. If you don’t like web applications, this choice is better suited to you.
You will link your investment accounts to the app with Quicken. And if an account is linked, Quicken monitors investing operations, including all transfers in the accounts.
Moreso, Quicken also allows you access to Morningstar’s Instant X-Ray feature and Morningstar’s details without inserting your portfolio manually.
Other services you can access with Quicken Premier:
- Set a target asset allocation
- Compares your target with your portfolio’s actual asset allocation.
- Make a review of the asset allocation at the portfolio level, the account level, or by individual security.
Click below to get Quicken Premier
#13. M1 Finance
M1 Finance reveals the holdings as slices of a pie. What you need to do is add a percentage to each slice, finance your Pie and have a portfolio of stocks.
You also have the opportunity to take advantage of the Expert Pies feature of M1. It has an in-house wealth management team for those who choose to invest actively but optimize their returns.
This feature is perfect for investors who are converting from a Robo-advisor. And M1 Finance does not have brokerage sales and fees.
Betterment is one of the best free investment tracking softwares worth going for. With Betterment’s smartphone investing app which is available for both Android and iOS, you can review the priorities and operation of your account.
Moreso, you will be able to control your finances in one location and even synchronize your external accounts with other finances.
Things you can do with Betterment include:
- Check the balance and returns of your portfolio in real-time
- Deposit and withdraw money anytime anywhere.
- Manage your portfolio’s bond and stock allocation.
RELATED: Top 20 Hedge Funds In Miami 2023
Click below to get Betterment.
#15. Investment Account Manager
If you are searching for a program with more efficient analytics features, the Investment Account Manager will take the next step.
With the best investment tracking and portfolio management software, you’ll have a graphical summary of your portfolio asset allocation.
And also compare it to your target asset allocation, figuring out the transactions you need to rebalance to the target.
Investment Account Manager runs on Mac and Linux once you’ve a Windows emulator, such as Parallels or VMWare Fusion.
Read Also: 15 Best Investment Advice Websites with Realtime Data in 2023
#16. Fund Manager
Fund Manager is the best investment tracking software for mac.
It offers highly scalable portfolio tracking, efficient charting, and in-depth reporting and review of results.
The other side of this is that there is certainly a learning curve.
This software is a well built software with free videos and guides on the web which are very comprehensive and up to date.
Click below to get Fund Manager.
Want a tracker for your stocks? Ticker can serve you well. With the Ticker app, you can monitor your investment portfolios from anywhere.
Once you enter your purchases manually and create your portfolios, the app will start monitoring your location. This helps you to use Ticker without having to connect any brokerage accounts.
However, you can get push notifications for real-time stock price updates and even set custom alerts whenever a stock falls above or below a trigger.
Other things you can do with Ticker includes:
- Set multiple watchlists
- View your positions and profit/loss
- Calculates your full portfolio performance for past 3 years.
- Tracks your trades, dividends, and stock splits.
Click below to get Ticker
#18. Master Investor 6
The Investment Fund Management and Research Platform is developed for investors and experienced portfolio managers.
It allows investors and experienced money managers to track and evaluate investment portfolios made up of securities, shares, funds, options, and other securities.
However, it is the only supermarket offering that provides technical research and portfolio management.
Things you can do with this tracker include:
- Calculate your net worth, capital gains, unrealized gains, return on investment, and asset allocation.
- Track your investment transactions with automatic computation.
- Create up to 999 portfolios with accompanying reports.
Click below to get Master Investor 6.
Read Also: 10 Low-Risk High Reward Stocks In 2023 | Wealth Investment
#19. Portfolio Visualizer
This is one of the best free investment software with sophsiticated investment analysis tools. It is used in regular analysing of investment portfolios.
However, with this option, you can make informed decisions when comparing and analyzing portfolios and investment products.
Note, the online portfolio analysis tools include; backtesting, Monte Carlo simulation, tactical asset allocation and optimization and more.
Click below to get Portfolio Visualizer.
#20. YahooFinance Portfolio Tracker
This free investment portfolio tracker allows you to import from a spreadsheet or manually input your portfolio.
The portfolio analyzer offers a list of investments with details including fundamentals, performance, news, and risk analysis.
Click below to learn more and get this software tracker.
- 15 Best Net Worth Trackers In 2023|Money Management Tips
- 10 Low-Risk High Reward Stocks In 2023 | Wealth Investment
- 10 Best Ethical Funds for Investment in 2023 | Expert Guide
- How To Buy Farmland For Investment In 2023 | Expert Guide
- Invest $100 make $1000 a day | 21 Sure Investments in 2023
- Realty Shares Reviews 2023 | Legit or a new Real Estate Investment Scam?
- 15 Best Investment Advice Websites with Realtime Data in 2023
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.