One of the most important things that play vital roles in one’s success is the setting of goals. I’m going to quickly walk you through some goal-setting quotes in this article.
I already know you know what a goal is, but if you don’t, here is it: A goal, according to the English dictionary is, a result that one is attempting to achieve. It is a specific target that has been put in place to be attained. This might sound too dramatic, so let’s try visualizing this scenario.
You want to get a birken bag, and you have a plan to save up from your source(s) of income, for a stipulated time. You hit your savings target, and you get the bag. In this case, you set a goal, and you achieved it. The Birken bag is the goal. Saving is your strategy to get the goal. This is what goal setting is.
It is the act of visualizing a dream/goal, and pursuing it diligently.
Anyone with the aim to achieve something in life needs to have goals, in various aspects. They can include any of these: relationships, family, professional career, finances, or all. A proper balance for all of the aspects is very necessary.
For instance, a major flex for every individual, is financial freedom, especially with all that ‘adulting’ has to offer. Thanks to Wikipedia, we have this definition for financial freedom.
“Financial independence is the status of having enough income to pay one’s living expenses for the rest of one’s life without having to be employed or dependent on others. “As much as this is the goal for everyone, it seems to be rather unattainable for some. Possibly, due to the lack of necessary motivation. Or maybe, the step sometimes, is to set a goal, and work towards it studiously.
Inspiration can only do so much by spurring you to channel your energy and into the realization of your goals. According to Horace Kallen, “The going is the goal.”
These quotes are put together to inspire you.
1. “Rich people believe ‘I create my life.’ Poor people believe ‘Life happens to me.’”
— T. Harv Eker
2. A big part of financial freedom is having your heart and mind free from worry about the what-ifs of life.”
— Suze Orman
3. “Pursuing your passion is fulfilling and leads to financial freedom.” – Robert G. Allen
4. “The speed of your success is limited only by your dedication and what you’re willing to sacrifice.” – Nathan W. Morris
5. “Don’t tell me what you value, show me your budget, and I’ll tell you what you value.” – Joe Biden
6. “If you aim for nothing, you’ll hit it every time.”– Source unknown
7. “It’s important to set your own goals and work hard to achieve them.”– Yuichiro Miura
8. “The greater danger for most of us isn’t that our aim is too high and miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.”– Michelangelo
9. “The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score.”– Bill Copeland
10. “In the absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia.”– Author Unknown
11. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”– Tony Robbins.
12. “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.”– Andrew Carnegie
13. “Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.”– Brian Tracy
14. “If a goal is worth having, it’s worth blocking out the time in your day-to-day life necessary to achieve it.”– Jill Koenig
15. “In between goals is a thing called life, that has to be lived and enjoyed.”– Sid Caesar
16. “A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward its achievement.”– Bo Bennett
17. “Dream don’t work unless you do.”– Unknown
18. “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.”– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
19. “Many great ideas go unexecuted, and many great executioners are without ideas. One without the other is worthless.”– Tim Blixseth
20. “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.”– Henry David Thoreau
21.“One part at a time, one day at a time, we can accomplish any goal we set for ourselves.”– Karen Casey
22. “Intention without action is an insult to those who expect the best from you.”– Andy Andrews
23. “If the plan doesn’t work, change the plan, but never the goal.”– Unknown
24. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.”– Jim Rohn
25. “A good archer is known not by his arrows but by his aim.” – Thomas Fuller
26. “Who aims at excellence will be above mediocrity; who aims at mediocrity will be far short of it.” – Burmese Saying
27. “Think little goals and expect little achievements. Think big goals and win big success.”― David Joseph Schwartz
28. “No desired achievement is gained without any goal setting.”― Wayne Chirisa
29. “It is not enough to take steps which may someday lead to a goal; each step must be itself a goal and a step likewise.”– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
30. “People with goals succeed because they know where they’re going.”– Earl Nightingale
31. “The victory of success is half won when one gains the habit of setting goals and achieving them.” — Og Mandino
33. “This one step—choosing a goal and sticking to it—changes everything.” — Scott Reed
34. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” — Tony Robbins
35. To sit on an idea or fail to act on a goal is not really goal-setting, but wishful thinking- Les Brown
35. Setting goals allows you to paint a vision of what you wish your future to be-Catherine
36. Goals are pure fantasy unless you have a specific plan to achieve them.” — Stephen Covey
37. “It’s better to be at the bottom of the ladder you want to climb than at the top of the one you don’t.” – Stephen Kellogg
38. “A goal is a dream with a deadline.” – Napoleon Hill
39. “Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.” – Pablo Picasso
40. “Our plans miscarry because they have no aim. When a man does not know what harbor he is making for, no wind is the right wind.” – Seneca
41. “The great secret about goals and visions is not the future they describe but the change in the present they engender.”― David Allen
These quotes can only put you in a place where you ruminate about your current state, and where you’d like to be. The choice to apply them in your journey to success is what will act as a catalyst to your success. It’s okay to take breaks, but don’t fail to come back. The comeback and consistency are the most important. So, here is two great choices. You’ve got this!