|Net Worth||$500 million|
|Age||74 years old|
|Date of Birth||July 2, 1947|
|Country/State of Origin||New York, America|
|Source of Wealth||Movie producing and directing|
|Career||comedian, writer, actor, director, and television producer|
Larry David is a comedian, writer, actor, director, and television producer from the United States. David was the chief writer and executive producer for the first seven seasons of the television sitcom Seinfeld, which he co-created with Jerry Seinfeld.
He achieved much more fame as the creator and actor of the HBO comedy Curb Your Enthusiasm, in which he plays a semi-fictionalized version of himself.
Since the pilot episode in 1999, he has written or co-authored the stories for every episode of the improvisational comedy Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Are you a fan of some of Larry David’s legendary work, keep reading as we review the career and net worth of the superstar movie producer.
Larry David Net Worth
Larry David’s net worth is estimated to be $500 million.
His net worth may have been much higher if not for his pricey divorce from ex-wife Laurie in 2007.
David allegedly settled his ex-wife with half of his net worth, which was estimated to be between $200 and $300 million. Future earnings from Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm syndication were included in the settlement.
Larry David’s major projects were the syndication deals for Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm, with the former garnering US$3.1 billion in total re-run revenue as of 2013.
David was believed to have earned $55 million in total remuneration in 2008, which came from Seinfeld’s syndication and work on Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Lawrence Gene David was born on July 2, 1947, in the Brooklyn borough of New York City’s Sheepshead Bay neighborhood. His parents are men’s clothes makers, Rose, and Mortimer Julius “Morty” David, and he has an older brother named Ken.
David attended Sheepshead Bay High School and graduated in 1965. Sheepshead Bay High School now Origin High School has a sign with his photo in one of the hallways.
He subsequently went to the University of Maryland, College Park, where he earned his bachelor’s degree. He earned a Bachelor of Arts in history in 1970.
David served in the United States Army Reserve for five years after graduating.
David worked as a store clerk, limousine driver, and historian in addition to becoming a stand-up comedian.
He also worked as a writer and cast member on ABC’s Fridays from 1980 to 1982 when he collaborated with Michael Richards.
David teamed together with comedian Jerry Seinfeld to produce The Seinfeld Chronicles, a pilot for NBC that became the basis for Seinfeld, one of the most successful sitcoms in history, in 1989.
On October 17, 1999, the HBO cable television channel aired David’s one-hour special, Larry David: Curb Your Enthusiasm. The sitcom has received critical acclaim, with 30 Primetime Emmy nominations and one victory, and one Golden Globe nomination.
Larry David is working on several other projects in both the television and cryptocurrency industries.
From 1993 through 2007, Larry David was married to Laurie Lennard. Cazzie David and Romy David are the couple’s daughters. During a birthday party for a friend in 2017, David met Ashley Underwood. In 2020, they got married.
Larry David and Laurie worked as contributing bloggers for The Huffington Post before Larry David married Ashley Underwood. David identifies as an atheist and was raised Jewish. Larry David is a sports enthusiast.
Awards & Achievements
Larry David has been nominated and won several awards throughout his career. Most notable awards and achievements include:
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Comedy Series (1993)
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing for a comedy series (1993)
- PEA Primetime Emmy Award Nomination for outstanding lead actor in a comedy series (2003)
- Primetime Emmy Award Nomination for Outstanding Comedy Series (2004)
- Primetime Emmy Award Nomination for Outstanding Comedy Series (2008)
- PEA Primetime Emmy Award Nomination for outstanding lead actor in a comedy series (2010)
- Primetime Emmy Award nomination does outstanding Guest Star in a Comedy Series (2016)
- Primetime Emmy Award Nomination for outstanding lead actor in a comedy series (2018)
- PEA Primetime Emmy Award Nomination for Outstanding Comedy Series (2020)
Larry David has a house in Pacific Palisades. The Country English compound contains seven bedrooms and ten bathrooms, including the main suite with a porch overlooking the coast, a green lawn, and a pool.
There is a big guest house on the property and many fireplaces, a living room, a family room, and a dining room.
Larry is the proud owner of a Tesla Model S, far from extravagant in appearance. It does, however, cost more than $113,000 to purchase. He also owns a Toyota Prius and a BMW i3 in addition to the Tesla.
The comedian is very popular for his quotes both on-screen and off-screen. Some of his best quotes are
- “Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man – there’s your diamond in the rough.”
- “Luck always plays a part for everyone, whether they want to admit it. I was very lucky, and I know it.”
- “Sometimes you have to wander a bit and do what you don’t want to figure out what you’re supposed to do.”
Social media handle
Larry David is active on some social media platforms. His handle includes:
- Instagram- @curbyourlarrydavid
- Twitter – @BeingLarryDavid
Larry David has been amusing us with his distinct and often funny perspectives on the modern world for more than 40 years. In the world of comedy and beyond, David is regarded as a hero by many.
Frequently Asked Questions About Larry David
Larry is 74 years old.
Larry David is 5’10 (1.8m)
Larry David is married to Ashley Underwood.
Larry David is estimated to have a Net worth of $500 million.
He grew up in New York City’s Sheepshead Bay neighborhood.
- en.wikipedia.org – Larry David
- wealthygorilla.com – Larry David’s Net Worth (Updated 2021)
- parade.com – Larry David’s Net Worth (2022): What He Makes From Seinfeld