|Net Worth||$3 million|
|Age||56 years old|
|Date of Birth||30th June 1966|
|Country/State of Origin||Brooklyn New York|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment|
|Career||Boxer, actor, musician|
Mike Tyson once had a net worth of $300 million. Mike Tyson’s net worth has dropped to $3 million after spending money and suffering the consequences of some of his actions. Tyson has competed in 58 fights over the course of his two-decade career, winning 50 of them.
Despite his controversial behavior in and out of the ring, Tyson remains a fearsome fighter.
He is regarded as one of the greatest heavyweight boxers of all time. Meanwhile, Tyson is the youngest boxer to win a heavyweight title and currently holds all WBA, WBC, and IBF belts.
Mike Tyson’s net worth is estimated to be $3 million in 2022. Mike Tyson is a former professional boxer from the United States who had a successful 20-year career in the sport. Despite a few bumps along the way.
Tyson was the undisputed world heavyweight champion and the youngest boxer ever to win a heavyweight title at the age of 20 years, 4 months, and 22 days.
Mike Tyson was born in Brownsville, Brooklyn, New York on June 30, 1966. He had two siblings, Rodney and Denise, but his sister died of a heart attack when he was only 24 years old.
Despite the fact that Tyson’s biological father is listed as “Purcell Tyson,” Mike identified his father figure as Jimmy Kirkpatrick. Kirkpatrick was a Grier Town, North Carolina, native and one of the area’s top baseball players. He was a big gambler who hung out in places you’d expect someone of his caliber to hang out.
Kirkpatrick eventually abandoned the family, and Tyson’s mother died when he was only 16 years old. As a result, he was left in the care of his boxing manager, Cus D’Amato.
Tyson spent his childhood in and around high-crime neighborhoods. In a previous interview, he stated that his first fight was with a larger youth who had pulled the head off one of his pigeons.
Tyson was frequently caught committing crimes and had been arrested 38 times by the age of 13. He attended the Tryon School for Boys in Johnstown before dropping out of high school.
Tyson made his professional boxing debut when he was 18 years old. Prior to that, he had competed in the Junior Olympics as an amateur. After winning 26 of his first 28 fights by KO or TKO, he quickly rose to become the champion. People thought Tyson was unbeatable for a long time. That is until Buster Douglas appeared.
Douglas managed to go through more rounds with Tyson than anyone else had, and once there, he realized that Tyson began to lose energy and stamina rapidly after the 5th or 6th round. Tyson was the first heavyweight boxer to hold the WBA, WBC, and IBF titles all at the same time, and the only heavyweight to do so. He is still regarded as one of the greatest boxers of all time.
His reputation, however, was severely tarnished after he was sentenced to 6 years in prison for rape. He attempted a comeback following his prison sentence, but it was short-lived.
Mike Tyson was married to Robin Givens in 1988 and divorced in 1989, Monica Turner in 1997 and divorced in 2003, and Lakiha Spicer in 2003. (2009)
Exodus Tyson (dead), Rayna Tyson, Mikey Lorna Tyson, and Milan Tyson are his current daughters, and he has three sons, Miguel Leon Tyson, Amir Tyson, and Morocco Tyson.
Mike Tyson is no stranger to squandering his money. In terms of expenses, he spends as much as he earns. All of his debts forced him to declare bankruptcy in 2003.
Among his extravagant purchases are the following.
- Mike Tyson spent $60,000 on three white Bengal tigers during his career. Aside from that, their maintenance and watery cost him $70,000, and the animal trainer cost him $125,000.
- Mike had given his ex-wife a $2.2 million golden bathtub.
- One of his extravagant expenditures was for pigeons, which cost him $400,000.
- Tyson used to spend around $3.4 million on jewelry.
Mike Tyson spent the majority of his early years in a New York apartment in Brownsville, Brooklyn. Those early days sparked his interest in pigeons. He owns properties in Ohio, Connecticut, Maryland, Las Vegas, and Henderson, Nevada. Mike Tyson has a fantastic car collection, ranging from classics to moderns and the most expensive- Eldorado Cadillac
The ultra-stylish Cadillac Eldorado from 1985 was one of his first cars. He paid $30,000 for it at the time. He also owns a Rolls-Royce, a Lamborghini, a Jaguar XJ220, and two Bentley Azures.
Awards & Achievements
Some of his achievements and awards to date are highlighted below.
- Ring magazine Prospect of the Year (1985)
- 2× Ring magazine Fighter of the Year (1986, 1988)
- 2× Sugar Ray Robinson Award winner (1987, 1989)
- BBC Sports Personality of the Year Overseas Personality (1989)
- International Boxing Hall of Fame inductee (Class of 2011)
- “Guirlande d’Honneur” by the FICTS (Milan, 2010)
- WWE Hall of Fame (Class of 2012)
His most popular quotes are:
- “Everyone has a plan ’till they get punched in the mouth”.
- “I’m a dreamer. I have to dream and reach for the stars, and if I miss a star then I grab a handful of clouds”.
- “As long as we persevere and endure, we can get anything we want”.
- “God lets everything happen for a reason. It’s all a learning process, and you have to go from one level to another”.
- “I want to rip out his heart and feed it to Lennox Lewis. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children”.
Mike Tyson is without a doubt one of the most decorated boxers in history. Having said that, he is one of the most divisive boxers. As much as he has accumulated and worked on his career and life, he has also become embroiled in bitter controversies along the way.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Mike Tyson own a tiger?
Mike Tyson once had a pet tiger named Kenya, but he no longer does.
Who is the world's most dangerous boxer?
Mike Tyson is without a doubt the most dangerous boxer in the world.
What became of Mike Tyson's gold tooth?
Mike Tyson’s teeth were knocked out after he was headbutted by his pet tiger, Kenya.
Was Muhammad Ali ever in a fight with Mike Tyson?
Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali are two of the all-time great fighters. They have never fought each other.
- wikipedia.org– Mike Tyson
- brainyquote.com– Mike Tyson quotes
- playersbio.com– Mike Tyson Net Worth
- wealthygorilla.com– Mike Tyson Net Worth