Selling a junk car is one the most common thing people do in recent times, mostly to get a new car or in case of emergency needs.
In case your junk car has reached the end of its useful life, and it’s looking like a problem instead of a blessing, you can come to a conclusion and sell it.
With this you can still decide to make use of the money gotten from the deal, to get a new vehicle. Cash for cars is usually offered by providers to pay cash for your junk car and resell it for parts or scrap metal to make a profit.
Selling your junk car for cash comes with a whole lot of benefits and it will probably help you move on and get something better for yourself.
This article will give you an insight on everything you need to know about How to Sell your Junk Car for More Money and more.
Where to Sell Your Junk Car for More Money
Unlike other means of transportation, car is commonly used by all. Selling your used car should not be difficult if you follow these simple steps.
In all, you need to know how to negotiate properly and avoid intimidation and be willing to walk away from a bad offer.
If you can’t do the negotiating you can hire a professional.
Most junk car buyers know the value of a car at glance and it is important you don’t get cheated, negotiating with a buyer will likely increase your chance of earning more.
Read Also: How To Sell a Car With a Loan In 2022
You can sell privately if your car is special in some way or it is a new model, or still new.
Selling privately will give you the upper hand when it comes to the pricing, but you can only do this if your car doesn’t have any faults.
You can sell directly to a Local Junkyard regardless of your car condition. Either way, you can still sell it for scrap and get paid immediately but the price might not be as attractive as selling your car directly.
You can sell your car at a Dealership, selling at a dealership can be a better idea in most cases as they often pay well for your junk as long as they are in good condition.
Usually, a push, pull, or drag sale at a dealership can pay you even more than the real value of your car.
The car dealers take care of all the paperwork, and in some cases, they’ll save some sales tax on your new car purchase.
Sell Through Ads
You can sell your car through ad in the paper or park your car on the driveway.
Although this could take a while, there is a probability you will sell it on time
Online Car Dealers
You can sell your junk car online or to online car dealers and this procedure will save you time and might give a better offer.
You’ll easily get the most money from selling it yourself, but it takes more preparation and perseverance than trading it in.
What to Consider Before You Sell Your Junk Car
Generally, there are multiple ways to sell your junk car and most of these ways are pretty easy and straightforward.
Nevertheless, you should note that you might not get a good price for your vehicle if it is in a bad condition.
Meanwhile, if you want to the value of your junk car to increase, you should consider getting your car in good condition.
The Year, Make, Model of your car is also important as this has a lot to do with what you’ll be getting.
Read Also: What is a Car Insurance Policy Number?
Why You Should Sell Your Junk Car
Are you thinking about selling your junk car and wondering when the best time to sell is? Well now is the best time.
The values of junk cars are now on the rise, due to the pandemic the value of used cars is now on high record due to the market forces, so it is important you decide now before things get back to normal.
There are several reasons why you should sell your used car now, junk cars’ prices have increased over the years now and due to the new car shortage in recent times, the value of used cars went up. That is, if you decide to sell your car today, you’ll get great value for it.
The price of new cars is one of the reasons why junk cars get more attention. The latest cars are quite expensive and not everyone can afford them. For this reason, most people go for used cars.
What to Avoid When Selling Your Junk Car
At a glance, selling your junk car might look easy but people often make a few errors and some of which can affect the value of your car.
Here are a few things to avoid when selling your car:
- Overspending on repair: We strongly advise against over spending on repairs, ensure you evaluate the car and what the cost of repairing will be and conclude if it’s worth it.
- Overvaluing or undervaluing your car: Letting Your Emotions Do the Pricing of your can actually affect you more that you can ever imagine, so it is important to know the real value of your car so you won’t regret Selling it for less.
- Car detailing: You should avoid mishandling the paperwork of your car as this aspect is very important.
- Advertising: Poor advertisement can delay the sales of your car, so it is advisable to make use of free advertisement
- Poor description of your car: Using a poor picture for your call will not only undervalue your car, but it will also be a problem during its sales. Make use of good quality picture with perfect description of the car.
- Being in hurry: Accepting the first offer you get can reduce the value of your care. You should try evaluating at least two to three offers before accepting.
- Not Having a Pricing Strategy: You consider having a pricing strategy, and this why you can decide the price yourself but if you don’t have one it might take longer to sell your junk car.
How to Sell Your Junk Care for More Money
There are various ways in selling your junk car for cash and you should note that, you might not get the best price for your car but if you carefully make some research before selling, you can always get more for your car.
Getting paid more for your junk car is not impossible as long as your car is still in good working order.
You’ll get more money for your car if the engine runs well and the car drives under its own power without any hassle.
In other to get the best price for your junk car, ensure that your car is at its best state and drive-able. Literally, for a good deal, your car should be in close to perfect condition but beware of overspending for repairs.
First, try fixing the car if it is faulty. By doing this, the value of your car will be higher than the average and buyers will pay you a fair price for your car if it’s working properly.
Fixing your car is necessary but not compulsory as some of the expenses for your car repair can cost you more than your budget.
Step by step way on how to sell your junk car:
As appealing as selling a car for money is, you need to decide if you really want to sell your junk and how you want to sell the car. You can decide if you want to sell privately or to a dealer or just parts.
Selling your property can be quite emotional, so it is important you don’t let your emotions decide the price and be ready to sell your car at the perfect price.
Make sure your car is in good condition before selling by doing what is right in terms of repairs.
When your car is in good condition you can decide the price of your car, and avoid Overvaluing or undervaluing your car.
Advertise your car online for fast sales, avoid using a low-quality picture for your car.
You should ensure complete paperwork and also avoid mishandling the paperwork of your car as this aspect is very important.
How Do Cash For Cars Services Work?
Cash for cars is usually offered by dealers to pay cash for your junk car and resell it for parts or scrap metal to make a profit.
Cash for cars is an easier and faster way to get cash for your junk cars without the hassle of bringing it directly to the junkyard.
With cash for the car, immediately you accept the quote on their car’s value, they’ll complete the paperwork and tow your car.
Usually, you’ll receive a call within a day or so of accepting the offer to arrange a pick-up appointment. And you’ll get paid.
Best Online Sites to Sell Your Junk Cars
Online platforms have been helpful in lots of cases, and this also includes selling your junk car. Although this does not guarantee immediate sales it will help in creating awareness and it is quite faster than other means.
All you need to do is find the best online site that helps advertise cars and register your account with them and put up the picture of your car, and other relevant descriptions that will aid the fast sale of your junk car.
Here is a list of online sites that specialize in buying cars online:
Craigslist is a listing service for you to sell your car yourself. You’ll need to respond to interested buyers on your own.
- You can put an ad on Craigslist
- They don’t buy cars
eBay is a listing service for you to sell your car yourself. They are one of the best car-selling platforms you can use to sell your used car privately. Payment terms and balance payoff are all set up when you list your vehicle.
a. Low listing fees
b. You can sell your junk car faster on e-Bay.
a) Short auction time
b) e-Bay is Expensive for high-value items
CarGurus.com is a listing service for you to sell your car yourself. You’re in control of setting the price.
- You’re in control of setting the price.
- Not expensive as e-Bay
- They don’t buy car
Vroom.com is one of the best options for selling your junk car.
Unlike other platforms, Vroom.com isn’t that expensive and they are quite reliable.in order to use Vroom, you’ll need to provide your personal information and input details like your car’s VIN number, the mileage, the condition, and others.
- It is easy to use.
- Fast car evaluation process
- Quick quote for your used car in under 30 minutes
- Free towing
- They only work with good quality, running, and newer vehicles.
CarMax is a listing service for you to sell your car yourself similar to e-Bay. They are one of the best car-selling platforms you can use to sell your used car privately.
- Offers free appraisal service
- CarMax is not truly a car buying website.
Peddle is one of the best options for selling your junk car.
You’ll need to provide your personal information and input other relevant details like your car’s VIN number, the mileage, the condition, and others.
The Peddle is a car buying service that allows you quickly sell your vehicle and get paid within 48 hours.
- Free towing
- Fast service
- With Peddle, you can sell your car in any condition
Junk my Car is one of the best online platforms for selling your junk car.
You’ll need to provide your personal information and input other relevant details like your car’s VIN number, mileage, the condition, and you’ll get paid.
CarBrain.com is one of the best online platforms for selling your junk car.
Unlike other platforms, CarBrain.com isn’t that expensive and they are quite reliable.in order to use CarBrain, you’ll need to provide your personal information
- Specializes in buying cars online.
- Free towing
- Fast payment
What is the Average Cost of Junk Cars in 2022
If you plan on selling your junk car in 2022, you really have nothing to be concerned about because the value of junk cars is high now due to the expensive cost of new vehicles.
Selling your car now will fetch you more money in these recent times. As of 2021, the average cost of a junk car ranged from $50 to $20,000, but the values are now higher in 2022.
You should note that the real price will vary as well as depend on the type of car, model, year of manufacture, and condition of the car.
Here are a few lists of cars and their average cost:
- #2002 Nissan Altima: up to $585
- #2006 Kia New Spectra: up to $510
- #2000 Chevrolet Silverado: up to $555
- #2001 Oldsmobile Aurora: up to $550
- #2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee: up to $490
- #2000 Dodge RAM 1500: up to $645
- #2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee: up to $290
- #2005 Honda Civic: up to $1,350
- #2001 Toyota Camry: up to $490
- #2001 Honda Accord: up to $410
- #2022 Hyundai Sonata SE: up to $508
- #2005 Nissan Altima: up to $357.65
- #2000 Honda Accord: up to $350.55
- #2003 Honda Accord: up to $503.09
- #2002 Honda Accord: up to $426.23
- #2006 Nissan Altima: up to $360.44
- #2001 Honda Accord: up to $384.26
- #2008 Nissan Altima: up to $479.03
- #2004 Honda Accord: up to $525.92
- #2002 Ford Explorer: up to $410.92
- #1999 Honda Accord: up to $326.61
- #2005 Honda Civic: up to $493.66
- #2004 Honda Civic: up to $480.25
- 1998 Honda Accord: up to $318.51
- #2002 Honda Civic: up to $445.71
- #2003 Honda Civic: up to $433.11
- #2005 Honda Accord: up to $568.49
- #1999 Toyota Camry: up to $313.54
- #2006 Chevrolet: up to Impala $387.74
- #2007 Nissan Altima: up to $461.44
- #2007 Chevrolet Impala: up to $375.80
- #2008 Chevrolet Impala: up to $383.36
- #Used Small Cars: up to $10K to $14K
- #Luxury Small Cars: up to $#20K
- #Hatchbacks: up to $10K-$15K and up
- #Compact Cars: up to $6K-$#20K and up
- #Subcompact Cars: up to $5K- $15K and up
- #Midsize Cars: up to $15K-$25K and up
- #Large Cars: up to $15K-$#20K and up
- #Luxury Large Cars: up to $30K and up
- #Sports Cars: up to $#20Kand up
- #Luxury Sports Cars: up to $30K-$50K and up
- #Convertibles: up to $10K-$25K and up
- #Wagons: up to $#20K and up
- #Hybrid Cars: up to $15K- $#20K and up
Read Also: How To Sell a Car With a Loan In 2022
Answer: The duration may vary depending on the mode of sale.
The price of a junk car may depend on the type of car, model, year made, and condition of the car.
Answer: Yes, you can sell your car more than it’s worth if it is still in good condition.
It is advisable to repair your car before selling it.
Answer: You can sell it privately, trade it into a car dealership or through online.
Getting the best sales price for your junk car can really help you buy a new one early.
Make proper research on your junk car before selling to avoid selling it lesser than the actual value.
I hope this review answers most of your questions on how to sell my Junk Car for More Money.