|Net Worth:||$400 Million|
|Date of Birth:||March 6, 1972|
|Career:||Basketball player, Actor, Rapper, Film Producer, Real Estate Entrepreneur|
|Height:||7ft1″ (2.16 m)|
Shaquille O’Neal’s Net Worth
Shaquille O’Neal is an American retired NBA player, entrepreneur, television host, and commercial endorser whose net worth is about $400 million.
Although retired for many years, he still earns about $60 million from endorsements annually.
Born in Newark to Lucille O’Neal and Joe Toney on the 6th of March, 1972, Shaquille’s parents never got married.
Growing up, he was a member of the Boys and Girls Club of America which has some credits for keeping him off the streets as his father was imprisoned for owning drugs at the time. Being a young lad who had so much passion for basketball, his skills began making waves.
And, while he was still in high school, Shaquille attracted recognition for his basketball skills. He led Robert G. Cole High school in San Antonio to the state championship in his senior year.
Shaq began to attract recognition for his basketball skills while still in high school. He led Robert G. Cole High School in San Antonio to the state championship in his senior year.
Related Article: Joyce Jameson Net Worth 2022 | Biography, Income, Career, Cars
In 1992, O’Neal was picked as the overall first in the NBA draft by the Orlando Magic even before his relocation to Orlando.
O’Neal created history when he became the first player in NBA history to be selected Player of the Week in his debut week. He was a member of the Magic until 1995 when he became a free agent for the following season.
In 1996, he was named to the US Olympic basketball team, which won the gold medal. Following the Olympics, he signed a seven-year contract with the Los Angeles Lakers. O’Neil’s stats improved as he led his club to titles.
Shaquille’s marriage to Shaunie Nelson in December 2002 was blessed with four children although Shaquille O’Neal already had a daughter from his previous relationship with Arnetta Yardbourgh, Taahirah.
In September 2007, O’Neal filed for divorce from Shaunie. They later reversed their decision and canceled their divorce, but Shaunie filed an intent to divorce in November 2009. She cited irreconcilable differences as her justification.
From 2010 until 2012, O’Neal dated reality personality, Nicole Alexander. Shaq has been dating model Laticia Rolle since 2014.
In recent times, Shaq’s place of residence is an opulent 12-bedroom estate near Orlando. The main house has 35,000 square feet, a 6,000 square-foot indoor basketball court, a 17-car garage, and a 10-foot privacy wall.
Before he customized his dream mansion, he bought the land at the rate of $4 million. In May 2018, he put the house on the market for the first time, asking $28 million. In January 2019, he reduced the price to $22 million. It’s part of the Isleworth Golf & Country Club, a gated enclave.
Shaq reduced the property’s asking price to $19.5 million in September 2020. In January 2021, he eventually accepted $16.5 million.
Awards and Achievement
Below are some highlights of his career.
- Champion of the NBA: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2006
- MVP of the NBA Finals: 2000, 2001, 2002
- 15-Time NBA All-star First Team NBA All-Rookie First Team: 1993
- Gold Medalist at the Olympic Games: 1996
Some of the interesting quotes from Shaquille O’Neal are:
- “When you’re righteous, you don’t have to tell people you’re righteous.” – Shaquille O’Neal
- “Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do.” – Shaquille O’Neal
- “I’m tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.” – Shaquille O’Neal
- “This is a tough game. Sometimes you’ve got to play hurt, when you’ve got to block out the pain.” – Shaquille O’Neal
- “Me shooting 40% at the foul line is just God’s way to say nobody’s perfect.” – Shaquille O’Neal
- “I don’t believe that I have been changed by the money. The bad thing is people assume you’ve changed because now you have money.” – Shaquille O’Neal
Shaquille O’Neal is one of the most well-known athletes in the world. In athletics, he has broken and set many records and standards. Shaquille O’Neal’s net worth has grown because of his sports, television, music, and film careers, and it will continue to do so.