|Net worth||$5 million.|
|Date of Birth||January 17, 1947|
|Country of Origin||Lexington, Massachusetts, USA|
|Source of Wealth||Construction|
|Marital Status||Married to Susan Silva since the 1980s|
Tom Silva Net Worth
According to thecelebsinfo.com site, Tom Silva net worth stands at $5 million. His expertise in his career as a constructor and television personality was the primary source of his wealth. Tom worked as a television show host for more than 35 years, a show that entertains and empowers homeowners with trusted home improvement content.
Furthermore, he is the co-founder of Silva Brothers Construction, based in Lexington, Massachusetts, a company providing construction services to the Boston area for over 60years. Before working as a television host on the ‘This Old House show’, he was already earning a living from his construction services, carried out alongside his father and brother Richard.
Subsequently, the Silva Brothers came into the limelight when they constructed the original set for The Victory Garden in the parking lot of WGBH—TV Boston production. Hence, he has accumulated a good amount of wealth through his ventures. In addition, Tom’s salary per year is $4,00,000, while per month, he earns $32,000.
Tom Silva is a renowned contractor and a famous reality television personality who has participated in two PBS shows: This Old House and Ask This Old House. On January 17, 1947, Silva was born in Lexington, Massachusetts, USA.
Tom Silva net worth began to grow when he developed a passion for construction work early, helping his father and brother build a fallout shelter under their 1787 Colonial family house in Lexington, Massachusetts.
Furthermore, his commitment to his career paved the way for him to become a television personality, an opportunity to help his viewers achieve their dream house with his expertise. Hence, Silva has contributed to This Old House Magazine and other publications from This Old House Venture.
Tom Silva Career
Silva became the primary team player of The Old House show when Russell Morash, the show’s creator, discovered the Silva crew. Russell noticed them while conducting a major restoration on an 1845 Greek revival-style house; he was impressed by their performance and invited them to become the permanent contractor for the show in 1988.
Initially, the show was primarily concerned with outdoor activities and gardening. Subsequently, it enlightened viewers about pruning, planting, pest control, and plotting alongside home improvement content. Furthermore, Tom and his co-host Bob Thomas started inviting guests to enrich their show like Jamie Durie, Micheal Weishan, and Roger Swain.
The show is known as one of the earliest garden TV programs on US Television and has won several awards. According to Tom; “Each job is unique and different, which is just what I like” “Besides loving my work, I’ve made good friends with the entire crew of This Old House, and it’s been a rewarding experience.”
Tom Silva Family
Interestingly, not much is known about the Tom Silva family. He is, however, currently married and has two children with his wife. Tom and his family reside in a house built in the nineteenth century in a Boston suburb.
Even though the house is old, Tom continues to renovate it with his exceptional skills. This demonstrates how much he enjoys construction services, and he cites his own home as an example.
Tom Silva Wife
The contractor married Susan Silva in the late 1980s. The couple has been together for over 30 years.
Tom Silva Children
Tom’s marriage is blessed with two children, Kate Silva and TJ Silva.
Tom Silva Luxury Lifestyle
Currently, there is no record of Tom Silva’s assets and properties. Although Tom Silva net worth proves, he has acquired wealth over the years.
Awards and Achievement
- Daytime Emmy Award nomination for the Outstanding Special Class Series in 2012.
- Co-founder of Silva Brothers’ Construction alongside his brother and nephew, based in Lexington, Massachusetts, since 1985.
- Ask this Old House (2002), and This Old House: Trade School (2017).
- Late Night with Jimmy Fallon in 2012.
Tom Silva Quotes
Tom Silva quotes are channels through which his viewer gets a profound glimpse of his advice and instructions regarding their houses.
- With the money you save, you can buy the granite countertop in five years. Be a savvy homeowner. It’s the most significant investment you make in your life – why cut corners on it? We want to tell people to do things right. We don’t want to ask them to do things OK.
- To save energy, the smartest thing a homeowner can do is get their heating system tuned up.
- It’s funny because people do not want to spend money on things they can’t see, but if people spend more money on something that would let them live comfortably and more efficiently, they would be happier homeowners.
- They were all different in their challenges. The process is about seeing what will make a good story that will keep our viewers interested and educated, and entertained.
- The colder your attic is, the better your house is for it.
Related article: Little Big Town Net Worth 2022 | Biography, Income, Career, Cars
Tom Silva Social Handles
- Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/TomSilvaTOH/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0
- Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/tomsilvatoh?lang=en
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tomsilvatoh/?hl=en
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@tomsilvatoh?lang=en
Tom has grown to find career satisfaction and fulfillment in construction. But, he decided by going for what he was passionate about, which led to the growth of Tom Silva’s net worth.
Therefore, don’t force yourself to succeed in the field you have no passion for; in contrast, pursue what you love diligently, and success comes as a result.
His wife is Susan Silva
His height is about 175 centimeters
He is 75 years old.