It’s easy to dismiss the value of travel insurance until you need it. And many travelers have strong opinions on which is the best travel insurance plan and whether you should buy travel insurance.
However, the purpose of this post isn’t to determine whether you should purchase travel insurance. Instead, in this post, we’ll describe some of the top travel insurance providers and policies.
Comprehensive travel insurance policies package forms of travel insurance policies;
Trip Cancellation Insurance
You don’t book a trip with the intention of canceling it, but unexpected illness, injury, family member sickness, jury duty, and more could derail plans. Trip cancellation insurance reimburses you 100% for the money you lose in pre-paid, non-refundable deposits if you have to cancel for a reason listed in the policy.
Travel Medical Insurance
This is important coverage for travelers going abroad, where your U.S. health plan may have limited global coverage or no coverage. Travel medical insurance pays for ambulance service, doctor and hospital bills, and other medical expenses during your trip.
You can find generous coverage limits of up to $500,000 per person, but depending on your trip you may not need that level of coverage.
Emergency Medical Evacuation Coverage
This is also important coverage for those traveling abroad, especially if you’re going to a remote area where quality medical care might be hard to find. Emergency medical evacuation insurance pays to get you to the nearest adequate medical facility. You can find ample coverage of $1 million per person.
Travel delay insurance
Travel delay insurance reimburses you for expenses if you’re stuck somewhere and have to buy necessities to tide you over.
For example, if you’re stuck in an airport all day because of a weather delay, this coverage can reimburse you for essential purchases like snacks and toiletries. If you’re stuck for a long time, it could pay for a taxi, a night in a hotel, and meals.
Trip interruption insurance
If you have to cut your trip short because of a reason listed in the policy, this is a valuable coverage to have.
It can reimburse you for the non-refundable parts of your trip that you miss, such as a resort stay or pre-paid scuba diving lesson. It can also pay for a last-minute one-way ticket home if you have an emergency.
TOP 5 BEST TRAVEL INSURANCE COMPANIES OF 2022:
We have compared many sites, and we have concluded that the above-mentioned travel insurance online sites are providing the best services. So let us go on and review them in more detail and provide you with more information.
- Travel Insurance
- Generali Global Assistance
- World Nomads
- Allianz Travel
- HTH Worldwide
1. TRAVEL INSURANCE
Travel Insurance’s mission is to make it as simple as possible for you to compare and buy travel insurance from premium providers online. Also, its one of the best travel insurance companies.
DigiVentures Holdings, LLC owns this company, and they are a licensed agency that is working with the largest travel insurers in the world.
So, their user-friendly website provides you with the option to compare and purchase travel insurance plans from many different insurers.
All of the insurance prices are regulated by the states. If you try to find a lower price on the internet, you won’t find one since they are all the same. Their website also provides you with an ‘add to compare’ button.
So, you can select more plans and compare them side by side to see the benefits from the insurance and so on. One of the best highlights is their easy to compare and purchase insurance information form updated on their official website.
All you need to do is go to travelisnurance.com and fill out the simple form with the details of your total trip cost, main destination, trip dates, number of travelers, travelers’ ages, and citizenship.
They have one of the best security systems to protect your information. So, you don’t have to be stressed out while filling out the form since they are using high-grade Verisign 256-bit encryption.
The company provides you with insurers who offer a single person and group insurance. Meaning, if you are traveling with a group of more than 10 people, you can easily select one of the insurance plans they will offer you.
- • You can easily compare benefits and prices
- • You can get plans from top-rated companies
- • They have more than 75,000 customer reviews
- • Also, they provide complete security
- • It provide quick confirmation of coverage through email
- • They are a member company of The U.S. Travel Insurance Association
- • No significant cons are found
- • No rental car coverage available.
2. ROAM RIGHT
Roam Right was launched back in 2012 by the famous Arch Insurance Company. Arch Insurance Company is one of the most famous insurance companies among many travelers. Their main goal is fast selling and administering policies to you and providing you with the best customer service.
RoamRight has superior account management, meaning they can always provide you with exceptional responsive service, making it one of the best travel insurance companies.
They have the best customer service with many years of experience that offers answers to all of your insurance-related questions.
Also, their team can manage your account. They can set it up for you, and also they can help you when it comes to getting the claim.
Arch RoamRight is one of the companies that makes sure you get a reasonable price when looking for travel insurance. Compared to many other companies, they provide you with more value for your money.
You also get a mobile app, access to online claims and emergency alerts. One of the best highlights is their user-friendly mobile app. Moreover, they provide the following insurance plans:
RoomLight Insurance Plans
- Pro Travel Insurance plan – includes up to $25,000 in case of Emergency Accident and Sickness Medical Expense coverage and $250,000 for Emergency Evacuation coverage
- Pro Plus Travel Insurance plan – includes up to $50,000 in Emergency Accident and Sickness Medical Expense coverage, up to $500,000 for Emergency Evacuation coverage. This plan is designed for primary medical coverage
- Multi-Trip Annual plan includes emergency accident and sickness medical expense coverage up to $25,000, as well as trip cancellation coverage up to four trip cost levels of $2500, $5000, $7500, and $10,000
- Travel Medical’s travel insurance plan includes Accident & Sickness Medical Expense coverage of $50,000, $100,000, $250,000, or $500,000, as well as Emergency Evacuation coverage of up to $100,000
- Auto Rental Insurance Plus, travel insurance plan, covers Rental Collision for up to $35,000 that has no deductible, as well as $500 in baggage coverage
- They have top-notch customer ratings
- They provide the best customer service 24/7
- Fast claims processing
- You get security alerts directly sent to your cell phone.
- They provide trip cancellation coverage
- Mobile app available for both Android and iOS
- They provide reasonable prices
- They use impressive technology
- You can easily upload the required documentation
• No major cons
3. TRAVELEX INSURANCE SERVICES
Travelex Insurance Services, based in Omaha, Nebraska, was created in 1996 when the Travelex Group purchased Mutual of Omaha Companies’ travel insurance distribution services. The objective of Travelex is to be a worldwide known travel insurance company. Travelex quickly rose to become one of the top three travel insurance carriers in the U. S.
Travelex Insurance Services expanded its global reach in 2016 when it joined the Cover-More Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Zurich Insurance Group.
Cover-More is the leading provider of travel insurance, medical help, and employee support in Australia and Europe, China, New Zealand, Singapore, etc.
Moreover, they have partnered up with Berkshire Hathaway Insurance, which provides commercial property, healthcare, marine, professional lines, and executive lines insurance.
Also, they have partnered up with Zurich Insurance Group that also provides the same great insurance types.
One of the best features of this company is its optimism. Their team is highly dedicated to providing you and all of their customers with all information you need when it comes to requesting an insurance plan or anything that has to do with the overall insurance questions.
Their mission is to make things better and make a positive difference for you to get the best service possible. In addition, it’s one of the best travel insurance companies
Travelex Insurance provides you with the option to customize your coverage. They provide the following insurance plans:
Travelex Insurance Plans
- Travel Select – it can cover up to $50,000 Emergency Medical Expenses and provide protection for children 17 and under. You can always enjoy primary coverage of your medical bills with no deductibles included.
2. Travel Basic – it can cover up to $15,000 Emergency Medical Expenses. You can enjoy primary coverage with no deductibles. Also, it can cover up to $10,000 trip cancellation or interruption.
3. Travel America – it can cover up to %50,000 Emergency Medical Expenses, and also it can cover car rental collisions and roadside assistance. Up to 8 travelers can receive shared benefits.
Upgrades – You can always upgrade your plan with the following features – Adventure Sports Coverage, AD&D Common Carrier, Cancel the trip for any reason, Car Rental Collision, Additional Medical Coverage by $505,000.
• You can easily file a claim on their official website
• User-friendly website
• They provide tips on health, safety, travel, and family travel
• Great customer care support
• They offer Emergency Assistance
• Cancel for any reason upgrade available
• They provide a highly developed phone app for both Android and iOS
• Not so many customer reviews as the previous two companies
• No other significant cons were found
4. Generali Global Assistance
Generali Global Assistance provides the essential support to ensure a pleasant and safe journey. Their travel security programs are tailored to fit the diverse needs of today’s travelers and to save you time on the road.
Generali’s Travel insurance policies are meant to protect your vacation investment against unforeseen circumstances that may force you to cancel or stop your trip, resulting in the loss of your prepaid, non-refundable trip fees. Also, if you are not sure which plan is the right one for you, you can take advantage of their official website to compare them in full detail.
We need to mention that they have the best customer care team that has won many awards in Bethesda and San Diego. They are always ready to provide you with all of the information you need regarding their insurance plans and any travel questions that you might have.
What’s more, you can also get emergency medical evacuation coverage if you have a serious medical condition that requires you to seek medical attention outside of your travel area.
In addition, This company is one of the best travel insurance companies.
Generali is providing some of the best travel insurance plans in the U.S.; let us go on and see what they have to offer in more detail.
Generali Insurance Plans
1. Premium – It can cover up to $250,000 per person for medical and dental care and $1,000,000 per person for Telemedicine, Emergency Assistance, and Transportation. It has the highest benefit limits available to help protect your travel investment, and you may travel the world with more peace of mind thanks to enhanced coverage for emergencies.
2. Preferred – It can cover up to $150,000 for Medical & Dental Expenses and Emergency Assistance & Transportation – $500,000 per person. It has larger coverage limits than the Standard Plan, as well as coverages for delays, loss, theft, or damage to Sports Gear, among many other things.
3. Standard – It can cover up to $50,000 per person for medical and dental care and $250,000 per person for emergency assistance and transportation. The Standard travel insurance plan is the most cost-effective alternative for any journey. It’s good for domestic and international travel, and it comes with the same travel aid features as the more expensive plans.
- They provide 24/7 customer care assistance available anywhere in the world
- Provides a free look period refund policy
- They have 208 countries covered by correspondents
- Also, they provide top-notch medical evacuation benefits
- They have won many awards for being one of the best insurance providers
• No cons
5. World Nomads
This is one of the best travel insurance companies. World Nomads’s team is obsessed with travel, and they are dedicated to helping you pursue your interests and gain a better grasp of the world.
They have been defending, connecting, and motivating independent travelers like you since 2002.
Also, they are a group of citizens, storytellers, customer advocates who want to help you get better security while traveling.
They offer you flexible and straightforward travel insurance plans and many safety tips to help you while traveling. All you have to do is fill out their simple form online and purchase the right insurance policy that will keep you safe while traveling.
Moreover, they have made their travel guides downloadable. Now, you can easily download them on your mobile phone or any other electronic device.
One of the best highlights that we must mention is the micro-donation that you are providing to different global nonprofits and charities.
Also, you help support many sustainable projects. There are more than 1,000,000 travelers who donated, and more than $3,400,000 were raised to change many lives.
They offer a variety of plans that can help you out in any situation. But, you need to read the terms and conditions, since they provide different terms and conditions for different countries in the world.
However, their plans are divided into four sections.
World Nomads Insurance Plans
• Trip Protection – you can protect your planned trip from unexpected cancellations
• Emergency Medical Insurance – all medical and dental expenses are covered up to
• Emergency Evacuation – They can get you to the nearest hospital or to your home in no time
• Protect Your Gear – All of your damaged bags tech or gear will be covered
You need to keep in mind that they all have different terms and conditions. So before purchasing, make sure you double-check them to see their benefits and the total trip costs.
• You can donate to charities
• They raised more than $3,000,000 to charities and funded more than 150 development projects
• They provide reasonable prices for purchasing their plans
• They offer many plan options
• You can easily download all of their helpful tools
• They do not provide a mobile app
• No other major cons were found
6. ALLIANZ TRAVEL
Owned by Allianz SE, the largest diversified insurance company in the world, Allianz Travel has established partnerships with thousands of travel agencies, airlines, event ticket brokers, and credit card companies to ensure competitive service rates and travel assistance.
Allianz offers ten different insurance plans with several coverage combinations and benefits that any world traveler will find useful.
The Alltrips Executive plan features higher limits and added business rental benefits, and OneTrip Cancellation Plus may be the perfect plan for domestic travelers who don’t need many post-departure services.
The TravelSmart app allows travelers to access their plan information, file and track claims, locate hospitals, and access local emergency numbers. The Allianz 24-hour hotline features multilingual specialists to help travelers replace lost passports, obtain local legal assistance, or secure cash from home.
- Multi-trip/annual plans available
- Standalone rental car damage protection coverage
- TravelSmart app provides travel alerts and allows you to file claims
- 24-hour multilingual hotline
• Benefits and coverage availability may vary by state
• No cancel for any reason option
Heymondo is the best travel insurance whether you want a single-trip policy, an annual multi-trip plan, or you’re going to be traveling long-term. The company even offers cancellation-only coverage, although you must enroll within seven days of booking your trip.
All the policies are customizable and cover coronavirus, including doctor-prescribed COVID testing. Heymondo was actually the first travel insurance company to add COVID-19 coverage to its policies. This includes benefits related to trip cancellation, interruption, and delays.
Another great thing about Heymondo’s international travel insurance is its 24/7 customer support app. Contact the team whenever you run into an emergency, and they’ll direct you to the nearest hospital or doctor and handle the expenses upfront. Along with no out-of-pocket payments, there is also no deductible.
- All the policies are customizable and cover coronavirus.
- Benefits related to trip cancellation, interruption, and delays.
- Enjoys 24/7 customer support app
• No cons
SafetyWing is another top choice for long-term trips. One of the best travel insurances you can subscribe once and forget about the policy. They will automatically charge a recurring payment every 28 days until you cancel or until 364 days have passed.
If you are looking for the best long-term travel insurance, it’s not the cheapest one nor the one with the highest coverage. But still, if you like having a flat monthly rate instead of extending the policy every 4-6 months, SafetyWing is very convenient.
However, keep in mind that there’s a $250 deductible. That’s why I prefer Heymondo, even for long-term plans, because it is cheaper, the coverage is more comprehensive, and there are no deductibles. If you’re only looking for medical coverage, SafetyWing is a viable option.
It’s not the cheapest one nor the one with the highest coverage.
Founded in 2000, InsureMyTrip is a travel insurance comparison website that searches from over 20 insurers using one intake form. It offers an easy-to-use signup and comparison tool to quickly compare multiple policies based on your specific needs.
Filters are available to pick policies that cover adventure sports, higher limits, increased medical coverage, and more.
A quote for a family of four to take a 14-day trip that costs $4,000 and includes plane and hotel expenses resulted in three suggested plans with costs of around $100 to around $400 for varying levels of protection.
Basic features included luggage coverage, travel delay, and medical care. Note that rates will differ based on where customers are originating from and where they are vacationing, as well as other variables.
The insurers you’ll find while using InsureMyTrip have earned a variety of industry ratings and are generally considered reputable and financially stable. Still, as with policies bought directly from insurers, it’s a good idea to read the policy details before clicking the buy button.
Each underlying insurer has different claims processes, exclusions, and limits. InsureMyTrip makes it easier, however, to be an informed travel insurance buyer.
- Search for quotes from multiple reputable insurers
- Shop around with one application for multiple trip types
- View multiple plans from eligible insurers for your planned trip
- Many popular insurers not included in listings
- Initial listing pages don’t show policy limits
- Includes some policies with low coverage limits
10. HTH Worldwide
HTH Worldwide was founded in 1997. HTH Travel Insurance offers plans with high levels of medical coverage. That’s a big concern for seniors leaving the country, as they could end up in a doctor’s office or hospital with an expensive bill to follow. HTH Travel Insurance offers up to $1 million in total coverage for medical.
Policies for travelers with existing primary insurance enjoy 100% coverage for typical hospital charges, including surgery, tests, office visits, inpatient hospital stays, and prescription drugs outside of the U.S., among other coverage.
Medical evacuation is available up to $500,000, but trip interruption and baggage coverage are pretty light. Most people will choose this plan for medical, not travel, benefits. This policy is available to applicants who are 95 years old or younger.
Insurance is also available for people without existing health coverage. Most seniors in the U.S. are covered by some existing coverage, such as Medicare, but Medicare doesn’t work outside of the United States, leaving seniors uninsured when abroad.
HTH Travel Insurance provides policies for those without existing medical coverage. The age limit is 74 but there is a 180-day pre-existing condition exclusion.
- High levels of medical coverage for seniors up to 95 years old
- Up to $1,500 allowance for someone to visit you in the hospital
- Not the cheapest provider depending on your needs
- Best plan for seniors requires existing health insurance
- Lowest policy has a $50,000 maximum benefit per person
One of the essential things that we have gone through is the benefits that each insurance can provide you with. We have gone through many sites policies to determine the actual levels of coverage.
- Wikipedia – Insurance
- Forbes – Best Travel
- Culturalinsurance- Insurance
- Insuremytrip – Travel Insurance
- Money – Best Travel
- Investpedia – Insurance