Football is arguably the most loved and watched sport in the world with over 3 billion fans. It has helped promote talented individuals into stars. As a means of lending their quota, the Westchester Youth Soccer League WYSL has announced its scholarship.
Applications are ongoing for the Westchester Youth Soccer League Scholarship 2021. Eligible applicants are invited to apply.
The WYSL is the largest New York travel soccer league north of New York City, with over 650 travel teams in New Rochelle, New York, United States. Its Headquarters Regions is in Greater New York Area, East Coast, Northeastern US.
More About the Westchester Youth Soccer League Scholarship
The Westchester Youth Soccer League (WYSL) is now offering the WYSL soccer scholarship fund, which is open to all graduating high school seniors who plan to pursue post-secondary education at an accredited University, College or Trade School in the fall and have a minimum overall academic average of 80%.
Applicant must have been involved with the WYSL, as a player, coach, official or active volunteer within the last three years of the date of high school graduation.
Through the WYSL scholarship, the Board of Directors is sure to provide financial assistance to students who have participated in the Westchester Youth Soccer League for at least five seasons. The program will provide over $30,000 to thirty winning candidates for their education.
Established in 2007, by the Board of Directors of the Westchester Youth Soccer League (“WYSL”) as a non-profit, educational organization, the Westchester Youth Soccer League (WYSL) is affiliated with US Club Soccer and the US Soccer Federation.
The WYSL soccer scholarship is intended to honor the participation of the student’s achievements in academics and extra-curricular activities.
The amount of the scholarships to be awarded each year will be based upon the number of qualified applicants and the financial status of the WYSL.
The mission of the League is to foster the physical, mental, and emotional character development of youth by providing a safe, organized, fair and competitive game playing opportunities for our players.
This year, again with generous support from Dick’s Sporting Goods, the Scholarship Committee is pleased to be able to continue this program to benefit well-rounded student-athletes meeting the stated criteria.
If you wish to be considered for a WYSL Soccer scholarship, please review the eligibility requirements contained in the enclosed guidelines and submit a fully completed application to the Scholarship Committee by the posted deadline.
APPLICATIONS WILL REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND WILL BE REVIEWED BY MEMBERS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE ONLY. SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AND AWARDS PRESENTED AT THIS YEAR’S END-OF-SEASON MEETING.
To be eligible to apply for a Westchester Youth Soccer League Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a graduating high school senior the year of the application
- Have a minimum overall academic average of 80%
- Plan on attending a university, college or trade school in the fall following graduation
- Actively participated in the Westchester Youth Soccer League for at least five (5) successive seasons, with one season of participation during the applicant’s junior or senior year of High School
- I have been involved in extracurricular school activities and/or community service.
Level/Field of Study
The scholarship is hosted by Westchester Youth Soccer League, USA.
This is one of the Sports Scholarships available to US citizens and permanent residents.
WSYL Soccer Scholarship Worth
The program has helped some thirty graduating seniors continue their education by awarding over $30,000 in scholarships.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant can download the application through the given link:
APPLICANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUBMITTING ALL NECESSARY MATERIALS IN ONE PACKAGE BY EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
With the application, the applicants must submit the following necessary documents with the complete application form in one package by email to email@example.com.
- Senior/Graduation Photo
- Two letters of recommendation
- Current transcript with SAT/ACT scores
- Brief resume
Essay of 250 to 500 words on “How Soccer Has Affected or Influenced My Life”
All applications must be completed and received no later than June 16, 2021.
For more information on the scholarship, click on the link below:
Similar Scholarships Include;
TYSL Scholarship Awards
In 2011, TYSL established an annual scholarship program for graduating seniors. Each year the TYSL awards (2) $500.00 scholarships. The 2021 eligibility requirements;
- Participation: Student must have played Recreational Soccer in the Timberline Youth Soccer League (TYSL) Program for a minimum of (3) years, which is considered to be (6) seasons. TYSL soccer program was offered in the spring and fall each year. Any (6) seasons are acceptable.
- Volunteerism: Student and/or a parent must have volunteered within TYSL for a minimum of (1) year, which is considered to be (2) seasons. Any (2) seasons are acceptable.
- Only completed applications will be accepted (3 PAGES). All information blocks and questions must be answered. N/A (Not Applicable) is an acceptable answer. Do not leave any fields blank.
- Deadline: May 15, 2021. Applications can be returned to the Timberline Regional High School Guidance Office or mailed to T.Y.S.L, Attn: Scholarship Committee, PO Box 3274, East Hampstead, NH 03826. Mailed applications must be postmarked by 5/15/21.
- Soccer Scholarships in USA | APPLY NOW
- Dispensable Soccer Scholarship ProgramNESA Scholarship Application [UPDATED]
- 15 Soccer Scholarships for International Students
- $1,000 Imagine America Scholarships In US [UPDATED]