If you are looking for an opportunity to start an exciting career at the World Bank Group, The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a unique opportunity for young talents who have both passion for international development and the leadership potential to grow in fascinating top technical and managerial roles in the World Bank Group (WBG).
The program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to WBG technical/operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others.
To be competitive for this highly selective program, candidates need to demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership capability.
Table of Contents Hide
- What You Need To Know About The World Bank Young Professionals Program 2022
- LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY
- HOST NATIONALITY:
- ELIGIBILITY NATIONALITY:
- World Bank Young Professionals Program Eligibility
- World Bank Young Professionals Program APPLICATION PROCESS
- World Bank Young Professionals Program Time table
- WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
What You Need To Know About The World Bank Young Professionals Program 2022
Every year, around 45 applicants are accepted into the program. Young Professionals are offered a five-year renewable term contract, spend 24 months in a structured development program, and enjoy a variety of benefits and opportunities
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY
This opportunity is open to young professionals who have the vision of working with the world bank group.
USA and France.
This opportunity is open to all nationalities
World Bank Young Professionals Program Eligibility
The following are the minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program.
- Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank Group
- Be born on or after October 1, 1986
- A Ph.D. or Master’s degree and relevant work experience
Fluency in English
- Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
- Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others
- At least three years of relevant professional experience related to the development or continued academic study at the doctoral level
To be competitive for the limited number of positions, a combination of the following credentials is highly desirable:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement and team leadership skills
- Have international development country experience
World Bank Young Professionals Program APPLICATION PROCESS
- The application for the 2022 Selection Process for the Young Professionals Program at the World Bank is open from June 14 – July 31, 2022.
- Before You Apply, please ensure that:
- You meet the minimum requirements for eligibility for the Young Professionals Program and,
- You have all the information at hand including key dates, an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), Education Certificates/Transcripts, PhD Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topics (short summary), if applicable, and the Application Essay ready to be uploaded
Application Deadline: July 31, 2022
Competition is keen. We receive thousands of applications for a limited number of positions. Most candidates exceed the minimum criteria.
World Bank Young Professionals Program Time table
- June–July: Application period
- June–September: Review of applications to ensure that candidates meet the eligibility criteria. Update of status to all candidates (candidates moving to the second round and those who are not moving forward)
- October: Technical review of second-round candidates. This review takes a closer look into the application packages and determines those candidates who will be selected for interviews
- mid-November–late December: Status update to candidates (those invited to interviews and those who are not moving forward). Interviews at WBG headquarters in Washington, D.C., USA, Paris, and France
- December–January: YPP interviews: learn more about the YPP interview process
- February: Decisions and offers
- September: New YP cohorts start
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
- World Bank/Wharton School Youth Competition for students & young professionals 2022
- WORLD BANK SHORT COURSES FOR DEVELOPING COUNTRIES 2022
- IDB Young Professionals Program 2022
- Young ESA – SGAC Diversity Scholarship Contest
- ONGOING: Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2022
- World Bank Group Recruitment 2022 For Caribbean Nationals.
- World Bank Young Professionals Program
- Funded World Bank Paid Winter Internship for Young Graduates to Washington
- International Competition Network
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.