- Tap or in the top right of Feed.
- Tap in the top right.
- Select 2 or more people from the list or search for their username at the top, then tap Chat.
- Tap Send.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Open the IG app.
2. Tap on Direct Messages.
3. Select the group chats you’d like to access.
4. Tap the “See group members” button.
5. Scroll down and tap on Add People (big plus icon).
6. Add new members whenever you like.
There are a few ways to find groups on Instagram. The first is to use the search bar at the top of the app and type in keywords that are related to the group you’re looking for. Another way is to explore hashtags that are related to your interests. When you see a hashtag that you want to join, click on it and you’ll see all of the posts that have been shared with that hashtag.
DM Group is a private messaging feature on Instagram that allows users to send messages to up to 15 people at once. It’s similar to a group chat on WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger.
Go to the group discussion. Select More > Group Details. Enter the new name after tapping the group name. Select OK.
You can send group messages to any of your friends, even if they have an iPhone or another non-Android device, as long as you configure the MMS settings correctly.
WhatsApp is also safer than GroupMe. All messages sent via WhatsApp are encrypted, and not even WhatsApp can read them. Furthermore, files up to 100 MB in size can be shared via WhatsApp, which is equivalent to iMessage. GroupMe, on the other hand, has a message size limit of 50 MB.
Yes, hiding a message in GroupMe makes it invisible to everyone. The message will not be saved in the chat history and will not be sent to anyone who is not currently logged in.
1. In the Chats tab, tap and hold the group chats you want to delete.
2. Tap More options > Exit group > EXIT.
3. Tap and hold the group chat again, then tap Delete > DELETE.
Once you delete a conversation, it will no longer be visible in your inbox. Keep in mind that this only deletes the conversation for you and that it will still appear for other people included in the conversation.
You can’t tell if someone deleted your Instagram direct message. Based on the notification, you can tell whether it was delivered or not. Instagram does not tell you anything other than that the message was delivered and that the recipient saw it.