Death is a natural process that we all experience. It’s something that we all have to go through one day.
No one knows when their time will come, but it’s always important to cherish the time we have with our loved ones.
When my grandfather passed away, it was one of the most difficult things I’ve ever gone through in my life.
Even though I knew it was coming, it didn’t make the pain any easier. Losing someone you love is never easy.
So, if you have a grandfather you have missed so much, the heartfelt I miss you grandpa quotes in this part will provide you rest and solace from their absence. Carefully go through them.
Miss You Grandfather Death Quotes
1. Dear Grandfather, I wish I had the opportunity to know you. Know that you were one of my biggest influences in life. You were my hero while growing up, and I now want to be just like you. I love you so much and I will never forget you. My heart goes out to your family who will miss your presence but will always treasure your memory.
2. It’s been almost a year since you left us, but it feels like only yesterday I lost you. You have been my inspiration for the longest time and I just wanted to say thank you for all the good times we had together. You will be greatly missed, but never forgotten. Love, Joleen
3. I love you because we have never had a fight, because I can tell you anything, because you are the best father in the world, and because you have so much love. Life will be less exciting without your presence, but I will always love you!
3. This is the day when I am to say goodbye to a very special man. I hope he knows how much he’s loved by me. How can this be the last time we’ll see each other? How can he be so ill and confined to his bed? He taught me so much. The things I remember most are how lucky I was to have him as a dad and granddad. He always knew what to say, or the perfect thing to do, to ease my fears and make me.
4. Grandpa, the last time I saw you, we spent a few hours playing cards and reminiscing about the good old days. I miss you so much and wish that time had slowed down for us but I know that you are in a better place and looking down on us. Love you always, your little princess
5. I have been thinking about you a lot. I hope that you are doing well. I hope you are happy. I think of how much fun it was to run around playing games with grandfather, and how he was always nice to me. I love you!
6. Dear Dad, it has been 10 years since you left this world; I miss you and I love you. You have never been far away from my heart, in my thoughts and dreams. I have been busy throughout the years but today I just wanted to tell you how much you have meant to me. To have an example of someone’s life that was lived well is so important, thank you for being that person to me. Love, Your son.”
7. As you lay sleeping, I just wanted to let you know that I love you and you have my heart. Thinking about you makes me smile and feel so blessed. My grandfather was the greatest man I knew, and I am happy that he is watching over me and smiling right now.
8. Grandpa, I’ll never forget you and the love you had. You were an amazing person and I wish I could’ve met you. The way you would tell us stories was so special to all of us, even grandma loves them, she always smiles when we talk about our grandpa.
9. Gramps, I know you’re up there somewhere smiling down on us wondering where all that racket is coming from! We miss you and love you so much!
10. We have been through a lot together, you and I. We fought and laughed, cried and loved. We had some great memories, but my favorite one of all was the day we became father and daughter. I will always be proud to call you my father, truly an honor that neither words nor actions could ever express.
11. I know you are not here today, but I wanted to wish you a Happy Father’s Day. You were always there for me and were the greatest Dad anyone could ask for. I miss you every day and love you very much!
12. I miss you, grandpa. I wish the Lord hadn’t taken you away from us. I’d give anything to see your smiling face and hear your voice again.
13. I miss you every day, pops. I remember everything about you- your laugh, your sense of humor, and even your eyes. I have tried to carry on your legacy by honoring the man you were and using that as a model for my own life. I know you are proud to see where I have ended up. Love you always!
14. I am always thinking of you, I do not forget to know you in my heart. I want to tell you that when I give love to a person like you, it is not because.
15. Dear Dad, I find it so hard to believe that it has been four years since you have left this earth. You are always in my heart and in my thoughts. I love and miss you so much!
16. I’m lucky to have you. I couldn’t ask for a better friend. You know that I would do anything for you, and you do the same for me. This is why we are best friends. I love spending time with you and I wish that every day was a holiday so we could do it more often.
17. You think I don’t miss you? You are wrong. I miss you more than you could ever know. The pain that ripped through my body when I lost you was indescribable. But the joy of your love for me still floats around me in a cloud of happiness and contentment.
18. I can’t imagine my life without you. I smile every time I think of you, and it doesn’t go away for days. You’re the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I wouldn’t take anything in the world for having you in my life.
19. It’s amazing to think that I’ve known you for more than half of my life. You are the most amazing man that I know. You’ve brought me so much joy and happiness that I just can’t stop smiling. I am beyond lucky to have a best friend like you in my life!
20. Grandpa, I wish I had the chance to meet you, but I wouldn’t trade my memories and stories that you left behind for the world. Hopefully some day we will meet again!
21. I cherish every moment with you. Every hug and kiss, every inside joke and thoughtful act of love. You have supported me in all aspects of my life, as a mother, daughter, girlfriend and friend. I am deeply grateful for all that you have given me and I promise to return the favor for the rest of my life.
22. I have always enjoyed your friendship and guidance. I will forever be thankful for all you have done for me and my family. We love you so much, with all our hearts and each time we see you, your smile is as bright as ever. With every age comes new wisdom, I hope that you will always find the happiness of life.
23. You are more than a grandfather. You are a great man and I will always love you. You were always the friend I could turn to for help and advice. Not a day goes by that I don’t think about you. Whenever I hear a beautiful song or see a gorgeous sunset, it reminds me of how much I miss your company.
24. I’ve never been quiet about how I feel about you and how much I love you. You’re my best friend and the most important person in my life. To know me is to love me, and I’m so glad you took the time to know me.
25. You were the man of my dreams you still are. Make sure to always remember me. You taught me so much and I miss your teachings.
26. Just because we are no longer in the same space doesn’t mean our love is any less. I still love you and will always do.
27. A grandfather is one of a grandfather’s truest pleasures. I wish you could see your smile, the way it lights up my entire face. You are such a wonderful man and I am so lucky to have you!
28. I can’t believe it has been a year since you left this world. I miss you every day and wish you were here with me. I remember all the good times we had together, even if it was only for a short time. I love you and will see you soon.
29. Grandpa, I’ll never forget the love and laughter you brought to my life. Thank you for being such a special man, one that will always be in my heart. I miss you every day and wish that we most definitely could have shared many more years together. Love your granddaughter, Christina!
30. “I miss you, Grandpa. If only RIP meant ‘return is pending’.” – Unknown
31. “I miss you, Grandpa. My life hasn’t been the same since your death.” – Unknown
32. “The day my Grandpa passed away, my whole world turned upside down.” – Unknown
33. “My grandfather passed away but he still lives in my heart.” – Unknown
34. “Missing my grandfather. The tears in my eyes I can wipe away, but the ache in my heart will always stay.” – Unknown
35. “The loss of my grandfather is a pain that runs so deep.” – Unknown
36. “I miss my grandpa and my world feels dark and painful without him here.” – Unknown
37. “I wish I could tell you how much I miss you Grandpa.” – Unknown
38. “I miss you, Grandpa, it’s the clearest thing I know. I wanted you to stay with me forever, but I understand you had to go.” – Unknown
39. “I don’t think about much else apart from how much I am missing my Grandpa.” – Unknown
40. “I can no longer see you with my eyes or touch you with my hands, but I will feel you in my heart forever Grandpa.” – Unknown
41. “Grandpa, you made my childhood what it was, I will never forget what you taught me, how you made me laugh. I miss you.” – Unknown
42. “Grandfather. Although you can’t be here with me, we’re truly not apart. Until the final breath I take, you’ll be living in my heart.” – Unknown
43. “My grandfather did a lot of things in his life. What he was most proud of was raising his family.” – Tagg Romney
44. “Grandpa, I know you are there. Sometimes I just look up and say thank you. I know that was you. Oh how I miss you.” – Unknown
45. “Grandpa, your guiding hand will be on my shoulder forever.” – Unknown
46. “Happiness was my grandpa’s hug. Now it is the memory of him.” – Unknown
47. “I was never ready for you to leave Grandpa.” – Unknown
48. “I’m going to love him until the stars fall out of the sky.” – Sarah Black
49. “Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us every day. Unseen, unheard, but always near. Still loved, still missed.” – Unknown
50. “We loved him, but God loved him more.” – Unknown
51. “Grandpa, how I go on in life without you is a battle I face every single day” – Unknown
52. “My mind knows you are in a better place, where there is no pain. You are at peace. I understand that. I just wish I could explain it to my heart. ” – Unknown
53. “Grandpa, one of the hardest things that has ever been required of me was the day I had to let go as the angels carried you up to heaven.” – Unknown
54. “Grandpa, the world is not the same without you. I miss you so much.” – Unknown
55. The bond a grandfather has for his grandchildren can only be matched by the bond between a mother and the umbilical cord attaching her to her child. My grandpa will go miles to make sure you are happy. I miss you.
56. Grandfathers are jewels; inestimable ones for that matter. I will never forget the sacrifice you make to make sure that I become the best in what I do. I miss you.
57. My grandpa is the only person that I can look up to, regardless of how tall I will ever grow. I will miss your presence in my life.
58. Dear grandfather, if you are able to read this, please know that you are the best and I will always keep that in my head. I miss you.
59. Dear grandfather, you are a precious gift from God above to me and the family at large. I will forever treasure you in my heart though you have gone to be with the Lord. I miss you.
60. If the world had more grandfathers alive, grandchildren would live to become great people. I miss you more than ever, my grandpa. I wish you were still around here.
61. Your sudden departure made me sad, but I find consolation in the fact that you are up there looking at me and smiling at the grandchild you had. I wish you were still here though. I miss you.
62. My grandpa, I miss you so much but I will be forever grateful that you made my childhood one of the most unforgettable moments of life.
63. For every piece of advice you give, it looks magical. It seems you hold in your hands all the possible ways of doing things right. Those are the things among many things I miss in you. You’ve got no replacement in my life. I miss you, my grandfather.
64. My grandfather was the image of the Sterling people that I see on the screen. I rate him more than them all. I miss you, my grandpa.
65. Were the whole earth made of waters, my grandfather will be the most significant whale in the ocean. I will never forget how much you mean to mean. You may no longer be here, but I have you kept in my heart. I miss you.
66. Life is so ephemeral. I would not believe you were gone if I was not there, my grandfather. I will not forget my grandpa since no one will ever take your place in my heart.
67. My grandfather, you are no longer here in bodily form but I can still feel you because you have your prints everywhere in my life. I really miss you.
68. Grandpa, you have may have departed from this realm but we will never be apart until I take my final breath because you will always be in my heart. I miss you.
69. Throughout my life, I will never forget that I had a grandfather who sacrificed himself for the joy of his children and grandchildren in particular. I really miss you.
70. Oh my grandpa, the thought of you daily gives me a daily hope that all your influence on me is beginning to show forth though I wish you here longer. I miss you.
71. Dear grandfather, though you are no longer around yet I know we will always connect in the spirit and on that day we shall see again. I miss you dearly.
72. To say that I will miss you is to say the least. I missed your love, hugs and being around you. I miss you so much, grandpa.
73. I am confident that you would be smiling over there because all the years I knew you, you were a man full of smiles. I miss you, grandpa.
74. My grandfather, even in death, I am always confident that you will always be my golden grandpa. I miss you.
75. You were so amazing that the Lord had to take you away to be with him. Nevertheless, I miss you from y end here.
76. A grandfather can fit into any phase of his grandchild’s life. They are the super wonders of the world. Grandpa, you were the best and you are still are. I miss you.
77. Dear grandpa, you may have departed from us here, but your memory still lingers in my mind and heart. I miss you so much.
78. Grandpa, you were the wise one everyone looked up to. An hour with you was capable of giving one a life-transforming experience. I miss you.
79. Till your heart stopped beating, you were my inspiration in hard work, integrity and honesty. In your absence, I have filled your position in my life with someone else. I miss you, my grandpa.
80. A grandfather is heaven’s way of showing love in its raw form because, with a grandfather, you enjoy undiluted love devoid of bitterness. I miss you, my grandpa.
81. My grandpa, you had a heart that is made of pure gold. You were a man of peace. I miss your absence and it is more saddening that it is irreversible.
82. All of my life, I kept searching the entire universe for a grandfather like you, I couldn’t find any. I wish I had more time to be with you. I would always cherish the little time I had you. I miss you.
83. I need not tell you to rest in peace my dear grandfather because I know that a selfless man like you would always find rest. I only miss you more than I can imagine.
I Will Miss You Grandpa Quotes
84. The universe has suffered since you left; there have been climate change, global warming, and even more recently COVID-19. Truly not only I but the world misses you. Dear grandpa, I miss you.
85. Dear granny, I don’t want to believe you are dead, you are just sleeping because your impacts are still alive and manifesting in our times. I miss you.
86. loved you, dear grandpa, because you taught me how to love genuinely. I will never forget about you. I miss you.
87. My grandpa was my best storyteller, my best teacher, my best singer and my best sportsman. You were to be the best version of the human being. I miss you.
88. I am lucky to be your grandchild because you were an example in everything. You were the type known to infuse the best into others not by force but by example. What would I do without you? I miss you.
89. Dear grandpa, it is so sad that you are gone. Every teacher needed to take a tutorial from you on how to teach; you were the perfect teacher; one who teaches everything but now how to live one’s life but with guidance on how to live. I miss you.
90. My fearless grandfather, you taught me never to be afraid of the future but live one day at a time hoping for the best and not minding when things do not go my way but to re-strategize. I miss you.
91. Granny, I wish you were here today. I miss you. Till then, I have you in my heart.
92. Grandpa, I had many plans for pleasant surprises for you but who would have known you wouldn’t wait to see them. I miss you.
93. Every day of my life, I try to make a list of the most significant people to me; I find out that you have always remained in the top lists in spite of the years you have passed on. I really miss you.
94. I miss a great listener, a great empathizer, a great lover and a friend of kids. Dear grandpa, if I had the powers, I would command you out of the grave, but in the absence of that, I would keep you in my heart forever. I miss you.
95. My grandfather’s touch can make you still and ease away your worries and fear; that’s why I loved running into your arms. Now, no one to run to again that you had gone. I miss you.
96. Death could take you away but it can never take away from me your golden words of wisdom. Till eternity you will ever remain special. I miss you.
97. A grandfather is not just a relative, he the known foundation of the ancestral lineage of any child. That’s who my grandpa is. I will definitely miss my grandfather.
98. No one knows me like my grandpa. You were the image I see for love and comfort. Today, I looked around and you are no more. I will miss you forever.
99. Missing a sweet person is a natural feeling but when that sweet person is a grandpa, it becomes more felt. Dear grandpa, you were the sweetest person on earth. I will miss your jokes and all your empathy towards me when I am in pain. I love you.
100. Grandfathers are rarely wrong in their hypothesis analysis of events. That’s because, with your age, you have become a reservoir of knowledge. But now, all those are gone with you. I will miss you.
In conclusion, losing a loved one is never easy. Even though our grandfather isn’t with us anymore, his spirit will always be in our hearts. We will miss him dearly, but we know that he is now in a much better place. We would like to thank everyone for their support during this difficult time. We ask that you continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Goodbye, Grandpa. We love you and we will never forget you.
You can also check out: 100 Inspiring You Deserve The Best Quotes
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.