Rise Above Quotes: In life, we are constantly faced with challenges and obstacles. It’s how we deal with these challenges that define us as individuals.
When feeling down or struggling, it’s important to remember that we have the power to rise above our circumstances.
These Rise Above quotes inspire you to push through tough times and become stronger on the other side.
What Does it Mean to Rise Above?
According to Merriam Webster.com, to rise above means not allowing oneself to be hurt or controlled by (something bad or harmful). You don’t let the surrounding circumstances affect you negatively.
Rise Above Quotes
1. My fiction is almost always inspired by a character’s need or desire to rise above him- or herself. No one is perfect and some of us have much adversity in our lives; it is those people who struggle to rise above their nature or background that I find the most interesting and heroic. Robert Crais
2. We will never achieve peace at the hands of war. As a species, we have to rise above it. Rosie O’Donnell
3. Digital imaging allows both groups to rise above the limitations of mess and clutter and mechanics, and apply our talents to creating images limited only by our imaginations. Buffy Sainte-Marie
3. I am confident that this legislature will rise above partisan bickering, especially after the public promises its members made last fall, and that it will demonstrate a high capacity for civil service. Charles Edison
4. Whatever understanding is reached with Pakistan has to be followed honestly, and everybody will have to rise above party politics and be actively committed to make India prosperous. Atal Bihari Vajpayee
5. The biggest crime in England is to rise above your station. It’s fine to be a pop star. ‘Oh, it’s great, lots of fun, aren’t they sweet, these pop stars! But to think you have anything to say about how the world should work? What arrogance!’ Brian Eno
6. I met children who want to be social workers, lawyers, doctors, community activists and soldiers so they can help their people rise above still difficult economic circumstances. Craig Kielburger
7. Having realised that in cooking there was a vast field of study and development, I said to myself, ‘Although I had not originally intended to enter this profession, since I am in it, I will work in such a fashion that I will rise above the ordinary, and I will do my best to raise again the prestige of the chef de cuisine.’ Auguste Escoffier
8. If you have a crisis, whether on a ship or wherever, there are heroes who rise above it. Jerry Bruckheimer
9. I know it is very hard to rise above the influences of party prejudice. Often, it almost drowns the sentiment of patriotism. Party rancor and party hatred are the last serpents which the genius of patriotism can crush. Joseph P. Bradley
10. No one man can rise above the masses or the condition of his people. Larry Johnson
11. There is always something we can be concerned about. The secret is to rise above it and do whatever we can to make the world a better place. Vera Lynn
12. The first stage in a technology’s advance is that it’ll fall below a critical price. After it falls below a critical price, it will tend, if it’s successful, to rise above a critical mass, a penetration. Chris Anderson
13. The fact is I’m always going to have naysayers. You’re always going to have haters. It really doesn’t bother me because I just rise above it. The Miz
14. Great leaders find a way to rise above politics while at the same time keeping their party’s loyalists in the fold. Mercedes Schlapp
15. The English don’t like concepts, really, not from a pop star. It’s alright if they come from an ‘intellectual,’, but from a pop star you’re getting ahead of yourself. Part of the class game is that you shouldn’t rise above your station, and to start talking about concepts if you’re in the pop world is getting a bit uppity, isn’t it? Brian Eno
16. Patriotism cannot be instilled inside anybody, it just happens to be there. And it can rise above any notion, any emotion. Boney Kapoor
17. When you challenge other people’s ideas of who or how you should be, they may try to diminish and disgrace you. It can happen in small ways in hidden places, or in big ways on a world stage. You can spend a lifetime resenting the tests, angry about the slights and the injustices. Or, you can rise above it. Carly Fiorina
18. Reality is something you rise above. Liza Minnelli
19. There is undoubtedly a lot of pressure that comes with recognition, which can be a good thing and bad thing all at the same time. But if you stay focused and don’t lose sight of what you’re doing and who you are, you can rise above it. Prabal Gurung
20. Doubt yourself and everything you see. Judge yourself and you see judges everywhere. But if you listen to the sound of your own voice, you can rise above doubt and judgment. And you can see forever. Nancy Lopez
21. It’s a fine thing to rise above pride, but you must have pride in order to do so. Georges Bernanos
22. I’m going to always rise above the doubt that may exist about me. T.I. Rise above yourself. Thomas Leonard
23. We’re not defined by our circumstances, and we can always find a way to rise above it. Ashleigh Murray
24. Life isn’t fair. It’s true, and you still have to deal with it. Whining about it rarely levels the playing field, but learning to rise above it is the ultimate reward. Harvey Mackay
25. It’s when ordinary people rise above the expectations and seize the opportunity that milestones truly are reached. Mike Huckabee
26. On my back, I have the cross and angel wings: rise above it, no matter what life throws at you. And also, you know, Jesus rose from the grave. Lewis Hamilton
27. Rise above sectional interests and private ambitions… Pass from matter to spirit. Matter is diversity; spirit is light, life and unity. Muhammad Iqbal
28. Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune; but great minds rise above them. Washington Irving
29. An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. Martin Luther King, Jr.
30. Everybody seems to be imprisoned in their own sectarian or political affiliations. They don’t seem to be able to rise above these things. Adnan Pachachi
31. I see couples fighting about the stupidest things. You just have to rise above everything. Sammy Hagar
32. I know who Queen Elizabeth represents. I know she’s the head of the British state. I know she has all sorts of titles in relation to different regiments in the British army. She knows my history. She knows I was a member of the IRA. She knew I was in conflict with her soldiers, yet both of us were prepared to rise above all of that. Martin McGuinness
33. As leaders, we need to rise above petty politics and lead, rather than follow, the various interests and pressure groups in our respective countries. Hassan Rouhani
34. Just as it is true that a stream cannot rise above its source, so it is true that a national literature cannot rise above the moral level of the social conditions of the people from whom it derives its inspiration. James Connolly
35. To succeed it is necessary to accept the world as it is and rise above it. Michael Korda
36. Judges certainly have political connections and strong political views, but that doesn’t mean they can’t rise above politics when they hear cases. We expect them to, and the law presumes they do. George T. Conway III
37. We cannot be any stronger in our foreign policy for all the bombs and guns we may heap up in our arsenals than we are in the spirit which rules inside the country. Foreign policy, like a river, cannot rise above its source. Adlai Stevenson II
38. We cannot be any stronger in our foreign policy for all the bombs and guns we may heap up in our arsenals than we are in the spirit which rules inside the country. Foreign policy, like a river, cannot rise above its source. Adlai Stevenson II
39. Unanimity is important because it signals that the justices can rise above their differences and interpret the law without partisanship. Neal Katyal
40. ‘Ninnu Kori’ urges us to take a broader view of life, look past stumbling blocks, and rise above self sympathy. Nani Rise above principle and do what’s right. Joseph Heller
41. As an anthropology major, I wanted to understand the cultural significance of poverty – why it exists and why some countries can rise above it while others can’t. Lauren Bush
42. It is not only our duty but our moral obligation to break from the oppression of debt. We must rise above the political considerations and do what is right for the future of our nation. Dan Coats
43. Sometimes you see how humanity can rise above any kind of cultural ills and hate that a person’s capacity to love and communicate and forgive can be bigger than anything else. Viola Davis
44. I think right now we need to look back at the founding values of our country. Rise above partisanship, be less bitter when it comes to important matters that have to be solved. Walter Isaacson
45. When you lose someone whose life was so extraordinary like my dad’s, you have two options: You can curl up in a dark corner… or rise above it and dust yourself off and continue with their work. He will always be with me. Bindi Irwin
46. My interest in life comes from setting myself huge, apparently unachievable challenges and trying to rise above them. Richard Branson
47. The world helps you to keep evolving and hope it’s for better. You have to rise above all the tragedies in life. You have to grow, and if you stop growing, you are old. Hrithik Roshan
48. I think I will be able to, in the end, rise above the clouds and climb the stairs to Heaven, and I will look down on my beautiful life. Yayoi Kusama
49. Self-acknowledgment boosts your emotional and spiritual immunity, giving you the strength you need to release the past and rise above fear, doubt or resignation. Debbie Ford
50. Every civilization is founded on sins – every single one. Dispossession, violence, appropriation. What distinguishes civilizations are the ones who rise above it. Charles Krauthammer
51. Compassion brings us to a stop, and for a moment we rise above ourselves. Mason Cooley
52. The time has come for all good men to rise above principle. Huey Long
53. You learn to rise above a lot of bad things that happen in your life. And you have to keep going. Lauren Bacall
54. Truth will rise above falsehood as oil above water. Miguel de Cervantes
55. There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism. Alexander Hamilton
56. Lift others and yourself as you rise above this mess of comparison. Thank God for those who embraced their true selves and gave us gifts that only they could give: from Steve Jobs to Michael Jackson to Ray Charles to Mark Twain. There are so many more, and the list goes on. Grace Gealey
57. There’s this little box that African-American actors have to work in, in the first place, and I was able to rise above that box. I could have done a bunch of movies where I stayed as the Axel Foley or Reggie Hammond persona. But I didn’t want to be doing the same thing all the time. Every now and then, you crash and burn, but that’s part of it. Eddie Murphy
58. “Truth will rise above falsehood as oil above water.” -Miguel de Cervantes.
59. “I’m going to always rise above the doubt that may exist about me.” -T.I.
60. “The greatest victory in life is to rise above the material things that we once valued most.” -Muhammad Ali.
61. “To succeed it is necessary to accept the world as it is and rise above it.” -Michael Korda.
62. “You bury me, I will raise as white seed, you burn me, I will raise as black ash.” -P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar.
63. “Negative thinking is contagious. Do your best not to dwell on negativity, it will consume you and prevent you from becoming your best self.” -Germany Kent.
64. “You ought to know how to rise above the trivialities of life, in which most people are found drowning themselves.” -D.T. Suzuki.
65. “Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune, but great minds rise above them.” -Washington Irving.
66. “You rise in your mind when you have ascended in your soul.” -Matshona Dhliwayo.
Rise Above Adversity Quotes
67. “Doubt yourself and you doubt everything you see. Judge yourself and you see judges everywhere. But if you listen to the sound of your own voice, you can rise above doubt and judgment. ” Nancy Lopez.
68. “When the world pushes you to your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray.” -Rumi.
69. “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.” -Abraham Lincoln.
70. “Don’t argue your path with other people. Walk it.”-The Lazy Yogi.
71. “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.” -Eleanor Roosevelt.
72. “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” -Mahatma Gandhi.
73. “Negative people can only infest you with discouragements when they find you around… Just get lost and get saved!” -Israelmore Ayivor.
74. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” -Martin Luther King, Jr.
75. “Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got.”
76. “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” -Francis of Assisi.
77. “When adversity strikes, that’s when you have to be the most calm. Take a step back, stay strong, stay grounded, and press on. ” -LL Cool J.
78. “Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant.” -Horace.
79. “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavour.” -Truman Capote.
80. “The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.” -Max Lerner.
81. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” -Jimmy Dean.
82. “Rise above your circumstances, change the world one person at a time starting with you, and be the inspiration you’ve been searching for.” -Lindsay Stirling.
Motivational Rise Above Quote
83. “The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.” -Elizabeth Kübler-Ross.
84. “Some people will just go with the flow of things and sway in life, while others will fight against the currents and go upstream to reach their destiny.” -Anthony Liccione.
85. “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” -Kenji Miyazawa.
86. “You have to trust in something, your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” -Steve Jobs.
87. “There is in man a conscience which outlives the sensations the sensations, resolutions, and emotions of the hour, and rises above them all.” -Edward Thomson.
88. “You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” -Rabindranath Tagore.
89. “The future belongs to those who can rise above the confines of the earth.” -Alfred North Whitehead.
90. “Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.” -Bernice Johnson Reagon.
91. “Do not judge me by my success. Judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” -Nelson Mandela.
Most Inspiring Rise Above Quotes
92. “Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine.” -Mario Fernandez.
93. “I am proof that one person can rise above any challenge, and if I can, then so will others if they are given the chance.” -Emmanuel Jal.
94. “I was bullied as a child and used humor to rise above it.” -Vermin Supreme.
95. “It’s when ordinary people rise above the expectations and seize the opportunity that milestones truly are reached.” -Mike Huckabee.
96. “Compassion brings us to a stop, and for a moment we rise above ourselves.” -Mason Cooley.
97. “We will never bring peace at the hands of war. As a species, we have to rise above it.” -Rosie O’Donnell.
98. “Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.” -Albert Einstein.
99. “Pardon me while I burn, and rise above the flame.”-Incubus.
100. “The world helps you to keep evolving and hope it’s for better. You have to rise above all the tragedies in life. You have to grow, and if you stop growing, you are old.” -Hrithik Roshan.
Rise above quotes are very inspirational and can help motivate people to achieve their goals. They can also provide comfort and hope in difficult times. If you are facing a challenging situation, read some rise above quotes to help you stay positive and focused on your goal.
You can also check out: 100 Inspiring You Deserve The Best Quotes