With a constant change in the music world, there has been a technological shift in the way music is bought. These can be quite exorbitant for students especially the apple music. That is why this article on how to get an apple music student discount has been brought to you.
Want to probe further on how you can get a discount on the best offers in 2021?
This article will provide you with details on the benefits that you can get from Apple as a student along with its eligibility requirements.
Kindly go through the table of contents for an overview and have yourself to thank for having a beautiful read.
How Does Apple Music Student Discount Work?
There is an increasing demand for music streaming on Apple devices. Hence, the continuous flow of audio and video delivery made to your mobile devices. It lets you watch or listen to music without constraints. The discounts can save you up to 50% in the long run.
Apple leaves you with a discounted price of $4.99 per month for unlimited music streaming. All you need to do to start benefitting from Apple music student discount is to set up an Apple music account.
How Do I Create An Apple Music Account?
If you have an account already, you might not be needing to create one. However, if you’re joining Apple music for the first time, you have to click the trial offer to start your student membership.
Otherwise, click ‘start student membership’. If allowed access, enter the Apple ID and password that you use with the iTunes store. If you don’t have an Apple ID, click on ‘create account’.
You will have to verify your student status and institution information, so be sure to have that information handy.
Can I Switch To An Apple Music Student Membership?
Yes, you can. Here are the steps you need to take to switch to an apple student membership.
- Find your subscriptions on the account page under settings. Next, click manage.
- In your renewal alternatives, it will show whether your current plan is the Individual or family plan. Click on the link under your current plan that says Student (1 month) verification required.
- Next, verify your student eligibility through UNIDAYS and enter your personal information and qualified educational institution information.
How To Get An Apple Music Student Discount?
Apple Music offers about 50 million songs that you can listen to. Interestingly, you can have a free trial of Apple music at first while looking out for a discount that satisfies your needs. Here are some of the features you will enjoy.
- View lyrics as you listen to different songs
- Listen live to local radio stations from around the world
- Download and stream music to your Apple Watch
- Stream 50 million songs ad-free.Download your tracks of choice, so you can listen to them even when you’re offline
You can enjoy the Apple Music student discount at a more affordable price. Albeit, you can wait for an Apple Music promotion, or simply look for a coupon code from the Wall Street Journal to enjoy great Apple Music deals whenever you feel like it.
Can Apple Music Verify Student Enrollment?
Apple’s education store does not verify student enrollment upfront but it happens on a limited basis and manually too. It’s the luck of the draw if you happen to be one of the transactions that Apple decides to audit.
Although UNiDAYS is a third-party service that confirms student enrollment, it works differently for Apple student codes. UNiDAYS requires you to present proof of enrollment before you gain access to coupon codes.
So, student enrollment is done automatically at most four-year universities and colleges. For those who are not in the system already, manual verification is available too.
Eligibility For The Apple Student Music Discount
To qualify for the Apple student music discount, below are things that are required of you. Proofs too must be shown to validate that you are:
- At least 16 years old
- Currently enrolled at a college or university
- Able to access to either a .edu email issued by your school or a credit card style student ID from your school
How To Apply Your Apple Student Music Discount
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use your coupon on the Apple music website without hiccups.
- Choose the services that you want on the Apple music website and click on ‘add to bag’.
- Next, click on the shopping bag icon.
- Enter your promo code where it asks if you have one.
- Type your Apple music coupon into the box provided and click on apply.
- Click on check out.
- Choose how you want to pay, fill up the necessary information for the payment, and click on ‘review your order’.
- Review your order and make your payment to enjoy your Apple Music discount.
Apple Music Student Discount
Students can join Apple Music for $4.99 per month for up to 48 months in total. There’s always a validation service that make s sure you’re a student. The validation is done through UNiDAYS.
The Apple Music student discount subscriptions are available in more than 80 countries. At the expiration of your student status, your student Apple Music subscription becomes an individual subscription at $9.99 monthly.
Before you join
- Update the iOS your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and get the latest version of iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Update your Android phone to Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) or later.
Frequently Asked Questions On How To Get Apple Music Student Discount
Apple Music plan is aimed at students and to qualify, students must be currently attending an eligible university or college and gain a discount for up to four years.
Apple Music already offered a three-month free trial for students, which also came with a 50% discount on the normal monthly subscription price.
If you don’t have a paid subscription, Apple Music allows you to listen to music you’ve purchased, or uploaded to your device but will deny you access to all the features Apple Music offers such as offline listening.
There are plenty of low-cost and free options for students looking to save money on streaming media. Depending on your needs, just pick the right option that works for you and your pocket.
- How to Set Up Your Own 401k While Still in College | Full Guide
- Easy Procedures to get Netflix Student Discounts Fast | Updated
- How To Get The Best Buy Student Discount Fast
- Simple Steps To Get The Best Dell College Student Discounts Fast
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.