Sarasota County has one of the maximum concentrations of prestigious schools in the state of Florida.
The Sarasota County School District prioritizes learning to prepare all students to live productive, responsible, and healthy lives.
It is A-rated school district that strives to ensure that every student graduates on time, college or career ready and that they empower students to attain personal and academic success.
These are some of Sarasota’s top-rated schools based on a wide range of criteria, including academic performance and equality;
1. Pine View School:
Pine View School offers a fundamentally different learning atmosphere that fosters inquisitiveness, supports risk-taking, independence, and innovation, and is dedicated to academic performance and social responsibility.
On a large campus, it features a particular curriculum designed to fulfill the unique needs of intellectually talented pupils in grades two through twelve.
Administrators, teachers, staff, or parents may assign students to Pine View. I will refer those who pass the screening to the School Psychologist for an assessment.
Also, students who meet the criteria for gifted magnet programs must start school on the first day of the school year. There is no admission after the first day of school.
Parents/Guardians who want to start the referral process for any Exceptional Student Education program must live in Sarasota County or another county in Florida. Student files cannot be processed unless they provide proof of Florida residency.
Proof of residency necessitates formal proof of address, such as a signed lease, power bill, or water bill with your name, address, and current date.
Pine View has established a scholarship in memory of a colleague and coach, Shannon Donovan, who died on September 8, 2021.
The coach was an outspoken advocate for students, families, and community needs, and was the driving force behind school community service activities that addressed those needs.
Coach Donovan was the epitome of an excellent role model for Pine View’s pupils, and as such, the Coach Donovan Memorial Scholarship was established and is still current at Pine View School.
2. Ashton Elementary School:
They strive to educate each child with the academic and character development abilities required to become an autonomous, responsible 21st Century citizen.
The admissions procedure begins with contacting the Admissions Coordinator; after that, the family will have the option to have a guided tour of the facilities.
All school visits and tours are subject to unique regulations; throughout this time, the Admissions Coordinator will work with you to choose the best method of communication and answer any questions you may have.
- Obtaining required documentation
- The Application Form must be submitted electronically, together with the necessary documents:
- Authentic birth certificate
- Current year’s grade report (for students coming from abroad, legalized copies are required)
- Confidential Instructor Recommendation Form (which the student’s teacher may submit online)
- a scanned copy of the parents’ ID cards or passports (required for international families)
- Letter of payment from the current school
- Parental Interview & Student Evaluation
- The admissions office organizes the date for the parents’ interview and the students’ evaluation after receiving the student’s documentation.
3. Saltmeadow School:
Saltmeadow is intended to be customized and democratic, while still giving resources to ensure core skill competency.
They aid in the development of skills such as discovery, critical thinking, organization, leadership, and problem-solving. Below is the admission process/ requirements to become a student at Saltmeadow School;
- Attend an Open House or kindly ask for a private tour to apply.
- Fill out an application; all applications must include a $25 non-refundable application fee.
- Shadow days: After receiving an application and an application fee, the application and past school records will be reviewed. You might be contacted to schedule a shadow day. All prospective students are required to attend at least one shadow day.
- Upon approval, a $100 tuition deposit and notarized registration paperwork will complete your child’s enrollment and hold their space.
Saltmeadow recognizes the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship, the Family Empowerment Scholarship, the Hope Scholarship, the Gardiner Scholarship, and the McKay Scholarship.
Step Up for Students is a scholarship financing corporation for the Tax Credit Scholarship program. Eligibility is determined by the most recent month’s salary. Applications are only received at particular times of the year (unless the student is in foster care, out-of-home care, or homeless).
4. Newgate School:
They strive to foster intelligence, curiosity, and imagination, while also supporting and developing each student’s unique skills. Our purpose is to prepare pupils for the university as well as life.
NewGate instills universal principles, a global viewpoint, responsible citizenship, and an entrepreneurial spirit. The goal is to graduate young people who are well-rounded in terms of knowledge and character: life-long learners, critical thinkers, and active leaders in their community, country, and the globe.
To begin the registration process, you must fill out the online application form at TADS, the firm that handles admissions, financial assistance, and tuition payments at Newgate.
After carefully reviewing each application in the sequence in which it was submitted. There is a $250.00 non-refundable application fee.
If your kid has attended preschool or school, they require a completed release of records forms in addition to your application form. Because school records are official documents, your signed release form will be mailed to your child’s current or former school.
You can find the application and student record release forms online. It is necessary to request copies of transcripts, past test results, and two student recommendation papers from your child’s current school or child care provider (if appropriate).
They will be unable to process your application until they receive this documentation. And they will call you after your child visits schedule your Family Interview. Usually, the Admissions Committee will reply to admission requests within two weeks of the completion of these stages.
After acceptance, you will have two weeks to return your registration agreement and a non-refundable $750 enrollment deposit to confirm your child’s spot.
A TADS financial aid application processing center has been established to provide an external and entirely confidential financial-aid application system for NewGate families.
5. Community Day School:
The objective of Community Day School is to have an impact on the world by building a community in which children of all religions display integrity, academic success, and a desire to better the world.
Completing the form is the first step in the admissions process, and the Admissions Office will contact you to discuss the course and answer any questions you may have.
Completing the inquiry form creates your Community Day School admissions login. An admissions login is required to access the online application, and the admissions office will provide your username and password.
There are no active Scholarships that are currently available or being offered.
6. Epiphany Cathedral School:
They are dedicated to providing high-quality education that helps in promoting a loving relationship with God as well as a caring community that helps others.
Below is a breakdown of the admission process and requirements;
- Fill out an application form
- Application gees must be submitted
- Submit your school records (report cards, standardized test results, transcripts, etc.)
- Birth certificate, baptismal certificate, and immunization record (if applicable).
- Print and submit the following documents to your child’s current school.
- Form of teacher recommendation for the grade in which they will be enrolled.
- Kindergarten and Pre-Kindergarten
- 1st to 5th grades
- 6th – 8th Grade Math | 6th – 8th grade English
- Form for authorizing the dissemination of information
Academic success, character and spiritual development, and financial need are all factors considered when awarding scholarships to students in grades K-8.
These scholarships are given out once a year, and information on how to apply is sent to families as soon as it becomes available. The student file is examined after all application components have been submitted.
Admission decisions will be communicated to families. The following are some of the scholarships offered by Epiphany Cathedral School:
- Step up for Students – Step Up For Students is a state-approved nonprofit scholarship fundraising organization that assists with the administration of two Florida schoolchildren’s scholarships: Low-income families can apply for the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship Program (FTC) and children with special needs can apply for the Gardiner Scholarship.
- Foundation for AA Scholarships
- Personal Learning Scholarship; Florida Tax Credit Scholarship (income-based) (special needs).
- The McKay Scholarship Program aims to provide financial assistance to deserving students.
- The McKay Scholarship Program for Students with Disabilities allows special needs students in Florida to attend a private school that participates. There are just a few grants available, and they are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. If you are applying for these scholarships, you must submit your application and supporting paperwork as soon as possible.
7. Mangrove School of Sarasota:
Mangrove School of Sarasota is committed to providing a safe, caring environment for children to learn, grow, and love.
Dedicated to involving the full child in their education – head, heart, and hands – while also respecting the child’s intrinsic connection to the environment through frequent exploration and hands-on engagement in their magnificent natural surroundings.
The application and enrolling procedure consist of the following steps:
- Attend an Open House or make an appointment for a private tour during the school year.
- SubApply $40 application fee is required for all applications (except for little Clamshells, Little Seedlings, and Sandpiper VPK). If you submit your application three days following your initial enrollment event, the charge is half off.
- Visit and meeting with teachers You will be called shortly after submitting your kid’s application for Nursery, VPK, Kindergarten, or Grades to schedule a meeting with the class teacher to explore how your child can be best supported in their education.
- Concluding your enrollment: Signed paperwork is required to secure your child’s spot after acceptance and enrollment. The Administrative team will give you a start date before you start school.
Step Up for Students, AAA, Gardiner, and McKay state scholarship funds are accepted at Mangrove School of Sarasota.
Because Step Up for Students and AAA scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, it is best to apply as soon as possible to be considered as a new scholarship recipient for these programs.
Families that receive state scholarships are responsible for covering the gap between the money provided and the full tuition, including registration and application fees.
8. St. Mary Academy:
St. Mary’s Academy is to help each child achieve greatness in academics, spiritual development, and service.
They also assist in motivating leaders to act with integrity, seek justice, establish community, and make a positive difference in the world.
- Make an online inquiry and set up an admissions portal
- Apply for your prospective student through the admissions portal. The application fee for St. Mary’s Academy is $60.
- Interview with the parents
- Student Visit
- To initiate the confidential teacher recommendation form electronically, log into your admissions portal and enter the teacher’s name and email address after clicking the “Request” button.
- All completed applications are reviewed by the Admission Committee.
St. Mary’s Academy provides around $2 million in need-based tuition aid to around a quarter of the student body. Because admissions choices are made on a need-blind basis, all families are urged to apply for financial aid.
9. Julie Rohr Academy:
Julie Rohr Academy strives to create a motivating, demanding, creative, and joyful learning environment in a safe, warm, and family-like environment.
Their mission is to provide our children with problem-solving abilities, interesting Performing Arts experiences, and academic skills that will enable them to become capable, contributing members of society in the future.
The youngster is admitted if there is an opening on the child’s level. The child is accepted presuming that he or she does not have any emotional, physical, or behavioral issues that would prevent them from progressing in our program.
If the child’s needs cannot be satisfied, he or she should be placed in a more appropriate school. A conditional placement enables time to examine the kid’s progress and adjustments, and this time is used to assess whether the placement is appropriate or whether the child needs to be moved to a different class or level.
There are no financial aid or scholarship awarded to students, as each is responsible for the tuition and expenses of their child
10. The Classical Academy of Sarasota:
The Classical Academy of Sarasota’s goal is to help students reach their full academic potential through a thorough, content-rich, classical liberal arts education while also instilling virtue in them.
The goal is to produce graduates who are logical thinkers, coordinated writers, eloquent speakers, thought leaders, and responsible virtuous citizens.
TCA is a serious study environment where dedicated professors nurture a love of learning in students and form lifetime habits of virtue and excellence.
Applications can be printed and handed off at the campus, along with the application fee; the Principal and Registrar will be on hand to address questions.
Your child’s position will be held if you submit a completed application with the application fee, and classes will be filled in the order that accepted applications are submitted.
The following scholarships are accepted:
- Scholarships awarded by the McKay Foundation: TCA will be able to accept students who obtain McKay Scholarships, but only if the institution can meet their educational needs. Students and parents who are qualified for the McKay Scholarship must meet with the Principal to determine whether they will be accepted.
- Step up or Students and the AAA Scholarship Fund are school choice groups in Florida that provide private school scholarships to qualifying families. Families and students must meet the eligibility requirements and apply directly to either organization.
Every day, Sarasota County Schools strives to live up to the promise of a caring and devoted culture in the community and also prepares students to attain the maximum learning standards by engaging a high-quality staff, attentive parents, and a supportive community.