The Thomson Foundation has helped to raise standards of journalism and communication around the globe through training, consultancy, and strategic advice. Its mission is to improve journalism and communication, and their production and business processes.
This is five weeks summer scholars program.
Field of study:
Thomson Foundation’s digital and multimedia course.
With a mixture of masterclasses, workshops, and practical training and a week’s placement at a leading UK media organization, this is our biggest-ever competition prize with a total value of £11,000.
To be taken in(Country):
Scholarship Number :
Open to Journalists worldwide
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The small print:
- The competition is open to entrants of age 18 or above.
- The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions. In the event they are unable to do so, then Thomson Foundation reserves the right to select another winner.
- Only one entry per person.
- Thomson Foundation accepts no responsibility for the delay and non-delivery of entries for any technical or other reason.
- The prize is subject to a successful visa application, is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- The winner may need to take part in promotional activity in the competition on Thomson Foundation’s reasonable request. The winner will consent to the use by Thomson Foundation of the winner’s images, name, and voice for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and videos, online, including the websites hosted by Thomson Foundation), and in marketing and promotional material.
- Thomson Foundation will take care of any personal information in accordance with data protection legislation. By entering the competition, you agree to the collection, retention, usage, and distribution of your personal information in order to process and contact you about your competition entry, and for the purposes outlined in the above bullet point.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are to provide evidence of proficiency in English at a higher level.
This competition is now closed. Please do not try to enter. For updates and announcements on the competition, stay tuned to World Scholarship Forum.
Here’s how to enter, in three steps:
1) Enroll in your first Journalism Now online course. You can browse through all of our live courses here.
2) Once you’ve enrolled in a course of your choice, log in to the Journalism Now platform.
3) Next, you need to complete FIVE courses successfully before the deadline.
You can begin applying by clicking Scholarship Link
You can access other Journalism Scholarships