Information always arms you with an uncommon advantage. If you really want to study at Vincennes University, then you should know all there is to know; tuition, scholarships, costs of living, nightlife, culture, etc.
It may be a horrid experience to get admitted to a college you know next to nothing about. Thus, allow us supply you all information you need know about the said prestigious school.
Vincennes University is obviously one of the oldest institutions in the United States of America. And a part of American history. This institution offers courses ranging from science; technology, and other aspects of academics.
In this post, World Scholarship Forum brings to you Vincennes University Tuition Fees available for academic sessions coupled with its cost of living and various scholarships available for both Undergraduates and Post-graduates students.
You can scroll the table of content below to get an overview of all this post entails.
Is Vincennes University a good college?
In determining the quality of education a school offers, schools are rated across a set of generally recognized metrics of quality according to their results.
According to US News, Vincennes University ranks #58-#76 in the edition of Best Colleges in Regional Colleges Midwest.
How much does Vincennes University cost?
The undergraduate tuition & fees at Vincennes University for the 2022-2022 academic year is: $6,074 for Indiana residents
For out-of-state students, the fee for the 2022-2022 academic year is $14,364.
The estimated tuition & fees for undergraduates for the 2022-2022 academic year is $6,251 for Indiana residents.
For undergraduate out-of-state students, the fee is $14,781.
What GPA do you need to get into Vincennes University?
At VU, different courses may require varying degrees of GPA to admit fresh students. However, entrance into all baccalaureate programs requires at least a 2.0 G.P.A. in lower-division courses.
Some programs, like the Teacher Education programs, will require at least a 2.75 G.P.A. for program admission.
All students are required to provide one of the following to demonstrate their college readiness and register for classes:
|Graduation Qualifying Exam (GQE)|
|Passing scores on the English and math sections of the Graduation Qualifying Exam (IN=ISTEP).|
|High School Equivalency (HSE)|
|Passing high school equivalency test (GED/TASC).|
|Grade Point Average (GPA)|
|2.5 High School GPA on a 4.0 scale|
|Academic Honors Diploma|
|Technical Honors Diploma|
|6 college credits**|
|SAT EBRW: 480 Math: 480|
|ACT Reading: 18 English: 18 Math: 19|
|Next Generation Accuplacer (2021 & Later)*|
What Do I Need Know About Vincennes University?
Vincennes University is a public university. And public university is a university that is publicly owned or receives significant public funds through a national or subnational government, as opposed to a private university.
Whether a national university is considered public varies from one country (or region) to another, largely depending on the specific education landscape.
Incidentally, Vincennes University falls in the category. Public universities are publicly funded by the government, not by a group of people or an individual.
Vincennes University ( VU) is a public university with its main campus in Vincennes, Indiana, in the United States. Founded in 1801 as Jefferson Academy, VU is the oldest public institution of higher learning in the Northwest Territory and in Indiana.
VU was chartered in 1806 as the Indiana Territory ‘s four-year university and remained the state of Indiana’s sole publicly funded four-year university until the establishment of Indiana University in 1820.
In 1889, VU was chartered by the State of Indiana as a two-year university. From 1999 to 2005, Vincennes University was in a state-mandated partnership with what became the Ivy Tech Community College.
This institution is fully accredited and recognized for its dispositions of excellence and impact made the list of graduates who are proud outlook mail. Vincennes University is organized into six colleges:
- Business and Public Service (includes Homeland Security and Law Enforcement)
- Health Sciences and Human Performance
- Science, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Social Science, Performing Arts, and Communications Technology.
Vincennes University RANKING
The fact ranking does not put everything to consider during fund waiting, which leaves traces of flaws in its judgment of tertiary institutions. But ranking gives that scope and summary of the worth of a university.
Here is the rank of the Vincennes University:
Country Rank 1186
World Rank 4126
All have single beds or bunks (with extra-long twin mattresses), desks, chairs, closet and drawer space, wastebaskets, draperies/blinds, extended basic cable television, and high-speed internet connections (with use of an ethernet cable). A limited number of private rooms are also available.
Unmarried students under the age of twenty-one are required to live in University residence halls when space is available.
Exceptions include military veterans and students who live off-campus with a parent or legal guardian.
Effective Immediately – Overboard Information
Until a time that the safety standards of these devices are improved, the Housing/Residential Life Office has prohibited them from being in any of our Residence Halls and/or University-owned properties.
Effective immediately, the use, possession, or storage of Hover-boards, Segways, IO Hawks, Skywalkers, and similar devices, is prohibited in any of the Residence Halls and/or University-owned properties until safety standards for them can be developed and implemented.
If you have one of these devices, please remove it from the campus. If you receive or purchase one of these devices during the break, please know that you will not be able to have it on campus and if it is found, it will be confiscated.
Cost of Accommodation
Housing and residential life questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or 812.888.4225.
Applying for Housing
How to apply for Housing at Vincennes University
- Click here to apply for Housing. Before you access the contract, you must have your MYVU login credentials. Read the Terms and Conditions. This document will outline deposits, cancellations, conduct, and many areas important to your housing contract. You can not proceed until you have read the Terms and Conditions and agreed to the contents.
- Once you have read the Terms and Conditions please proceed filling out the contract. You must pay your deposit in full to complete the contract. You must complete the contract and pay your deposit to be assigned a residence hall room.
- Attention–Internet Explorer is not compatible with accessing the Housing Contract.
- All changes must be submitted in writing (email@example.com) to the Housing Office by July 1st for consideration. Requests for changes are not guaranteed.
- Room assignments are sent by email in July.
- Students are assigned based upon the date of payment of the damage deposit and prepayments.
- Roommate requests must be mutual. All individuals must supply their roommates’ names and information.
- For suites in Clark and Vanderburgh where 2 double rooms exist and 4 individuals share the suite/bathroom, you may submit roommate requests for the entire suite. Please email the Housing Office with this information. Assignments are based upon availability and date contract is submitted and deposit is paid.
- Roommate requests are not guaranteed. Roommate requests received after July 1st may not be considered.
- Students requesting a single room will be required to pay a $400.00 prepayment in addition to the $150 damage deposit at
- the time of filing their contract. Single rooms are an additional fee per semester over the student’s Room and Board charges.
- Again, single rooms are assigned based upon the date of payment of deposits/prepayments and availability.
1002 N 1st St, Vincennes, IN 47591, USA
Course offered at Vincennes University
College of Business and Public Service
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Business Department Newsletter
- Culinary Arts
- Fire Science and Safety
- General Studies – Business Studies
- Homeland Security
- Hotel Management H.S. – Cyber and IT Security Concentration
- Information Technology
- Law Enforcement
- Law Enforcement, Conservation
- Law Enforcement – Corrections
- Legal Studies
Restaurant and Food Service
- Sales Training Certificate
- Supply Chain Logistics Management
- College of Business and Public Service
- College of Health Science and Human Performance
- Athletic Training and Sports Medicine
- Faculty and Staff
- Funeral Service Education
- Health Information Management
- Health Promotion & Health Education
- Pharmacy Technology
- Physical Education Teaching
- Physical Fitness Leadership
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Sports Management
- Surgical Technology
- Wellness and Exercise
- College of Science, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Geoscience, Agriculture, and Horticulture
- Medical Majors
University of Vincennes Tuition Fees and Cost of Living
See below lists of Vincennes University Tuition fees
IN STATE RESIDENT STICKER PRICE
|Estimated cost of living||$19,685|
|Books and Supplies||$1,286|
|Room and Board||$9,702|
|Other Expenses Budget||$2,960|
OUT OF STATE RESIDENT STICKER PRICE
|Estimated cost of living||$27,515|
|Books and Supplies||$1,286|
|Room and Board||$9,702|
|Other Expenses Budget||$2,960|
The total cost of Vincennes University Tuition fees that the residents of Indiana are expected to pay equals $19,685 to attend Vincennes University on a full-time basis. This fee is comprised of $5,270 for tuition, $9,702 room and board, $1,286 for books and supplies and $467 for other fees.
Out of state residents are charged a total cost of $27,515 which is 39.8% higher than Indiana residents. The tuition charge is $13,100 while room and board is $9,702, books and supplies are $1,286 and other fees come in at $467.
University official website:
Vincennes University Scholarships
Students from this university receive a scholarship from the university and other external sources 60% of VU students receive financial assistance to pay for college — including more than $1 million in scholarships and grants. At VU, we do our best to make applying for scholarships simple.
After you submit the Vincennes University scholarship application, we take care of finding the scholarships you are eligible for in the Vincennes University scholarship listing.
Those who file by January 15 each year are considered first, but we award scholarships on a rolling basis.
Haven known the various Vincennes University Tuition Fees, Costs of Living and Scholarships, allow me to introduce to you some 2022 scholarships available on your location.
Armed with all the information you require to apply for admission at VU, it is our hope that you maximize the very best of at the said school and excel in life.
Cheers to winning severally.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- 20 Undergraduate Scholarships for Electrical Engineering in Developing Countries
- 21 Cheapest Universities in Florida for International Students
- List of Low Tuition Universities in Canada with Tuition Fees and Contact Information
- Florida Polytechnic University Tuition: Scholarships and Costs of Living
- The ACG Dr. Guido Goldman Fellowship
- 15 Best PhD Scholarships for Banking Finance Students [Fully Funded]
- Study In Ireland: Tuition Fees & Cost of Living for International Students in Ireland
- Study In Cuba: Top Universities, Cost Of Living, Tuition And Visa Application
- University of Miami Tuition
- List of Most Affordable Residential Cities for Students