Information, they say, is power. That is why your favorite platform kiiky.com is here. As a student desiring to study in the US, UK, or any other English-speaking country, the IELTS exam remains one of the non-negotiable requirements.
What if we reveal to you a way to study without an IELTS student visa? As we said, information is power.
Our update today will reveal a comprehensive outline of how to get a student visa without IELTS. We shall also include all you need to know about IELTS and countries you can study without IELTS. With the help of our research and industry experts, we have made an easy detailed update on all you need to know.
What is IELTS?
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is a language competence test and one of the most widely used and acknowledged forms of English in education and migration around the world.
IELTS training is an internationally recognized system for testing English language proficiency in four areas for non-native speakers who want to study or work in an English-speaking environment:
IELTS preparation has become one of the most trusted types of English-language evaluation since its establishment in 1989, and over 8,000 colleges, businesses, and immigration organizations approved it throughout the world.
The IELTS testing techniques are designed to assess a candidate’s ability to use English in a variety of circumstances.
It is the most popularly used for international students intending to study in countries like Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK, and the USA. However, some universities in these countries can give admission to students without IELTS student visa.
Can I Study Abroad without IELTS?
Is it possible for me to study abroad without IELTS student visa? Yes, it is possible for one to study abroad without IELTS.
A good number of the universities in European countries that make IELTS mandatory waive off the IELTS criteria. Some of them are in the most sought-after countries like UK, US, Canada, etc.
Without IELTS student visa, you can comfortably apply for admission to study in these schools, which we shall list in this article.
Is study abroad with IELTS or TOEFL mandatory?
Every day, we receive numerous questions from our readers, the most common of which asks, “Can we Study Abroad without IELTS or TOEFL?” As a result, the answer is YES.
You get a student visa without IELTS. Everybody fantasizes about studying abroad, particularly on a fully-funded scholarship.
There are many European universities that do not require students to take the IELTS/TOEFL exam.
Many students think that IELTS and TOEFL are required by all universities. So don’t be bothered; it isn’t happening in every university or country on the planet.
Can I get a Study Visa Without IELTS?
Yes, you can apply for a student visa without IELTS exam. UK and USA might have certain criteria you will need to meet, but Canada, on the other hand, does not issue study visas per se, but rather study permits that are always included with a temporary resident’s visa.
It is different requirements for different countries. Just bear it in the back of your mind that you can get a student visa without IELTS.
We have provided a detailed analysis below of places you can study with IELTS student visa.
Is it possible to study in Canada without IELTS?
The first and most basic step is to look into the university’s international student admissions requirements! While some elite colleges prefer IELTS, many others, including TOEFL and the new Duolingo English Test, will accept other forms of English language assessment apart from IELTS or TOEFL.
Additionally, you can study in Canada without IELTS student visa if you’ve already spent four years or more in an English-medium school, even at colleges that require it.
Some universities, including Concordia University, Brock University, and Memorial University, allow students who have not taken the IELTS or TOEFL exams; however, hopefuls must meet certain criteria set by the school.
Is it possible to study in UK without IELTS?
Yes, you can study in the UK without taking the IELTS if you apply to universities that provide alternative requirements for overseas students, such as proof of a grade point average of at least 60% in English in high school, an undergraduate degree in English, or a pre-sessional language course.
You’ll need to show the immigration authorities a document from the university stating that you’re eligible for a student visa without IELTS exam.
The following are the main prerequisites for obtaining a UK study visa without taking the IELTS exam:
- A document signed by your university stating that you are eligible to apply for a UK study visa without having taken the IELTS exam.
- A letter of acceptance from a university in the United Kingdom.
- Aspirants can also take the Secure English Language Test (SELT), which is required by the government.
Is it possible to study in US without IELTS?
Yes, you can get a student visa without IELTS in the United States. IELTS is not a federal requirement for students studying in the United States.
This means that your institution (or college, since we’re in the United States) determines your required English language certification.
That concludes the first step. Simply verify which English language evaluation they require and who may be excluded from having to give any English certificate at all before contemplating any college.
For example, if you’ve attended an English language medium school, many schools may enable you to study without IELTS student visa (or a comparable assessment), and many will use a Conditional Admissions Program (CAP).
A CAP is a university-specific program that allows qualified international students to enroll on the condition that they will attend the college’s own English language program or another Intensive English Language Program (IELP).
Is it possible to study in Australia without IELTS?
To answer this question directly, the answer is a resounding yes, but only under certain circumstances.
Students seeking admission to Australia’s top universities can apply without IELTS scores only if they studied in countries the Australian Education System recognizes whose diplomas.
And you’re probably wondering how. The following is a list of prerequisites proposed by some of Australia’s best universities, which accept applications even if the candidate meets one condition:
- Applicants who completed their senior secondary education in one of the recognized nations and whose primary language of instruction is English.
- Students from India who apply can gain an exemption from the IELTS provided they can show their CBSE-issued AISSCE certificate.
- State Board students having a grade of 65 percent or higher from West Bengal, Karnataka, Maharashtra, and Gujarat.
- It also excused students who have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate program at a recognized university or institution where English was the medium of instruction from submitting IELTS scores.
- Students who have completed a minimum of one year of post-secondary study part-time or full-time at a recognized institution may also be excused.
- Students who have shown English abilities in a paid or part-time professional context for at least three years are also eligible.
Is it possible to study in Europe without IELTS?
Many students who want to study abroad prefer European universities and colleges. The good news is that many of them do not need IELTS or TOEFL scores.
Before you can apply for a student visa without IELTS in Europe, you will need to evaluate yourself through the process below.
- Make a list of the courses and universities in Europe to which you want to apply.
- Examine all the universities on your list and determine which is the best fit for your career.
- You may be required to give a personal interview if your profile has been shortlisted.
- If you pass your video interview, you will receive an acceptance letter from the university to which you applied.
- The subsequent stage is to pay your tuition costs.
Which countries gives study visa without IELTS for Immigrants?
Without an IELTS score, you can get a visa and migrate to select countries.
Most Asian, South American, Southern European, and African countries do not require IELTS for immigration because they are unlikely to want foreigners in their country.
If your first language is English, however, you do not need to take this exam.
Study in India without IELTS
A growing number of students are choosing to study in India because of the country’s technical growth.
The University of Delhi, the University of Mumbai, the University of Calcutta, and Banaras Hindu University, as well as the IIT institutions, are among the thousands of universities where you can study without IELTS student visa.
Study in Canada without IELTS
Many Canadian universities do not need candidates to have an IELTS score.
This is mostly for students who come from countries where English is spoken as a first language.
In addition, students without IELTS student visa must go through a rigorous admissions process in Canada.
For example, you cannot provide proof of language competency if you attended a school or lived in an area where English is the major language of teaching for the past four years.
Related Article: Study in Canada without IELTS, GMAT, and Other like Exams
Study in Australia without IELTS
If you are applying for an Australian Government Scholarship, applying to Australian Universities is free. You might look into Australian universities that offer admission without IELTS student visa or TOEFL results.
With a World-Class Education and a plethora of job and future options. In Australia, you will receive a world-class education.
The University of Queensland, Swinburne University of Technology, University of Adelaide, University of New South Wales, Macquarie University, and others are among them.
Study in Germany without IELTS
Students who apply to study in Germany rarely need to take the IELTS or TOEFL if they have a bachelor’s degree in English or their native language.
Furthermore, some colleges only require an English Language Proficiency letter from the student’s college.
However, at Freie Universität Berlin, for example, various programs have varied language requirements.
You must have passed a language test to enroll in a program like English Philology. Aside from that, several colleges in Germany accept students without IELTS student visa.
Study in Malaysia without IELTS
Malaysia is the 11th most popular study destination in Asia, second only to Singapore, and one of the few nations that offers international student visas without IELTS
The University of Malaya, University of Sans Malaysia, and others are renowned government universities. Many top universities, like Monash and Swinburne (Australia), Nottingham and Lancaster Campus (UK), and others, have campuses there. You can study at these universities without having to take the IELTS test.
IELTS is not required to attend undergraduate or postgraduate courses or work.
Study in Norway without IELTS
Only students from South Africa and other African nations are exempt from providing their IELTS score at the University of Oslo. Students from Africa and other nations who do not speak English as a first language may also submit it.
International students, on the other hand, should check the prerequisites for their courses at the preferred university before applying. They might get lucky and locate certain courses that don’t require the TOEFL or IELTS.
Which country is best for studying without IELTS?
Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Turkey, Germany, Korea, Italy, and a few European countries are the most popular destinations for international students.
Among the list, Canada remains the best to study without IELTS student visa.
The friendly immigration policy, affordable tuition fees, high-ranking institutions, student-work permits, and the bubbling economy, among many other factors, have made Canada the best country to study without IELTS.
List of Universities Without IELTS Requirements For 2022
There are many universities you can study at without the usual IELTS requirements. We have outlined it based on the country for easy understanding.
International students perceive Canada to be the best destination to study. A few universities do not require the IELTS or TOEFL exam:
- The University of Winnipeg is located in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- Regina Memorial University in Regina, Saskatchewan.
- Concordia University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Brock University, a private university in Brockville,
- Carleton University, is a public university in Ottawa, Canada.
Universities Without IELTS Requirements in Australia
- The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia (If you have a previous degree is in English)
- The University of Adelaide, South Australia (Accept Proficiency Certificate only before starting the classes)
- Macquarie University, University of New South Wales (Accept Proficiency Certificate only before starting the classes)
- The Swinburne University of Technology is a university in Melbourne, Australia.
- Bond Institution (This university offers many alternative tests instead of the IELTS & TOEFL Exam)
- The University of South Australia, Adelaide, South Australia.
- The University of Southern Queensland in Queensland, Australia.
Universities Without IELTS Requirement in France
You can study without IELTS student visa in any of the French universities below. If you are lucky to get scholarship funding, entry into the universities will become a lot easier.
- ESGCI, Paris
- ESLSCA Business School
- IESA International
- INSEEC Business School
- ISC Paris
- NEOMA Business School
- Paris School of Business
- Skema Business School
- Toulouse Business School
- American Business School, Paris
- EBS Paris
- EPITA Graduate School of Computer Science
- ESAIP School of Engineers
- ESC Rennes School of Business, France.
Universities Without IELTS Requirements in USA
International students without IELTS student visa can apply to any of the universities below in USA.
- University of Iowa
- University of Arkansas
- California State University
- University of Dayton
- University of Delaware
- Drexel University
- University of New Orleans
- University of Colorado
- State University of New York
Universities Without IELTS requirements in UK
The UK is home too many of the global high-ranking Universities. It might interest you to know that contrary to what you might have heard, you can actually get a student visa without IELTS in the UK. Below are universities that offer admission without an IELTS student visa.
- Northumbria University.
- The University of Bolton
- The University of Northampton
- Robert Gordon University
- The University of Plymouth
- Sheffield Hallam University.
- The University of Warwick.
- The University of Basel.
- Birmingham City University.
- The University of Bristol.
- Audencia Nantes School of Management.
- Riga Technical University.
- The University of Geneva.
- London South-bank University.
- Portsmouth University.
- The University of Greenwich.
- The University of Central Lancashire.
- Aston University, Birmingham.
- Swansea University.
Universities Without IELTS Requirement in Norway
International students can study at any Norwegian university without an IELTS student visa. You only need to meet some English requirement thresholds, as listed below.
- If they taught the previous education in an English Medium institution, there is no need to provide Language Proficiency such as TOEFL or IELTS.
- Applicants who have finished their previous education at an English Language Educational Institution do not need to take the IELTS exam.
- Students must present an official certificate printed on headed and stamped paper as proof that their previous education was conducted in English.
- University of Tromsø (UiT)
- University of Stavanger (UiS)
- The University Centre in Svalbard
- University of Oslo (UiO)
- University of Agder (UiA)
- Stord/Haugesund University College
- Østfold University College
- Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences
- Oslo School of Architecture and Design
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
- Norwegian School of Veterinary Science
- Molde University College – Specialized University in Logistics
- Norwegian School of Sport Sciences
- MF Norwegian School of Theology
- Lillehammer University College
- Hedmark University of Applied Sciences
What is the Alternative to IELTS?
Pathway programs are an alternative to English language competency examinations. This pathway program is a preparation course that assists overseas students in developing the skills, information, and certifications necessary to enroll in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program. The programs usually last one academic year and do not result in a diploma.
International students who desire to study abroad can enroll in a route program that permits them to take English as a second language (ESL) classes while still earning credits toward their degree.
Many universities in nations, such as Germany, the United States, and Australia, provide route programs for students who want to pursue a course at the university of their choice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is IELTS exam difficult?
IELTS, the world’s most popular English language competency test, is not challenging itself. It evaluates your listening, reading, writing, and speaking abilities in less than 3 hours.
What is the passing score for IELTS exam?
In IELTS, there is no pass or fail score. They report your test results in half-band increments from 1.0 to 9.0, with 1.0 being the lowest and 9.0 being the highest.
You will be given an overall band score and individual band scores for each of the four test sections: Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.
Can I apply to universities without IELTS?
There are several universities in the United States that do not require IELTS or TOEFL. While some of them need an English-medium degree, interviews in English, or provide English language courses to students from non-English-speaking countries, others do not.
What is age limit for IELTS?
The IELTS exam requires a minimum age of 16 years to take. The IELTS Test is open to anybody over the age of 16, regardless of nationality or background.
If the school requires IELTS scores for admission, an exception can be granted.
We’ve highlighted a few nations where you can get a student visa without having to take the IELTS test.
It is crucial to note, however, that some universities and regions in these nations do require students to have an IELT score.
So, before applying for an international student visa, double-check the admission requirements and eligibility criteria.
- 12 European Countries You Can Study Abroad Without IELTS & TOEFL Opportunity Desk – opportunitydesk.info
- How to Study Abroad without IELTS – Canada, UK, and Europe – studyabroad.shiksha.com
- Countries Which Do Not Require IELTS for Immigration – blog.foreignAdmits.com