Academia Sinica (AS) is delighted to invite applications for an International Postdoctoral Fellowship Program. This program is open to both domestic and overseas scholars. They will be undertaking research in relevant field at Academia Sinica (AS). A range of benefits will be given to the winning fellows. To apply, entries must be received by September 1 each year.
About the Sponsor (s)
Academia Sinica (AS), the most eminent national research institution in Taiwan, provides a well-developed research environment for about 600 postdoctoral fellows. The research institution is committed to providing AS and non-AS users efficient academic services. To achieve this goal, Department of Academic Affairs and Instrument Service (DAAIS) is placing many of its administrative processes online.
The detail of the benefits as follow:
- Postdoctoral Fellows Program at AS consists of Academia Sinica Postdoctoral Fellows and (Regular) Postdoctoral Fellows. Both fellowships provide US$ 23,830 to US$ 34,350 as base annual salary (the exact amount is determined by candidate’s qualification).
- Salaries: For Academia Sinica Postdoctoral Fellows, the annual salary is approximately NTD 1,011,000 ~ 1,133,000 and the salary scale consists of 4 grades. For Regular Postdoctoral Fellows, the annual salary is approximately NTD 780,000~ 950,000 and the salary scale consists of 6 grades. Salary will be determined by the research experience and qualification of the applicants.
- Subsidies: Academia Sinica Postdoctoral Fellows will receive subsidies of economy class flight fares from home country and an additional US$ 4,500 as research expenditure for overseas conferences, laboratory equipment, etc.
Level and Area of Studies
Postdoctoral research in any field such as areas of mathematics and physical sciences, life sciences, humanities and social sciences.
Place of Study
At Academia Sinica (AS) in Taiwan.
Eligibility and Criteria
- PhD degree obtained within last 4 years from local or foreign universities; outstanding record of publications; evidence of excellence in independent research.
- Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship provides air fares and additional US$ 4,500 as research expenditure (for overseas conferences, laboratory equipment etc.).
(Regular) Postdoctoral Fellows:
- PhD degree obtained within last 6 years from local or foreign universities; outstanding record of publications.
- Regular Postdoctoral Fellow may obtain additional subsidy after negotiation with the sponsoring Principal Investigator.
There is no nationality restriction.
Please find the detail guideline of this fellowship at the link below.
September 1 on annual basis.