If you are a student seeking a grant, this is an opportunity for you, apply for Actuarial Diversity Scholarship in the USA.
This scholarship will take care of your tuition and other educational needs.
The award recognizes and encourages the academic achievements of full-time undergraduate students pursuing studies leading to a career in the actuarial profession. The prize will be divided to cover several semesters or other terms composing the academic year.
In this article, we will give you tips on how to apply successfully for this scholarship.
About Actuarial Diversity Scholarship
The Actuarial Diversity Scholarship was created in 1977 as a joint initiative of the Casualty Actuarial Society and the Society of Actuaries. Since its creation, the Actuarial Diversity Scholarship Program has opened the door to the actuarial profession for hundreds of minority students.
In 2008, this scholarship program was transferred to the Actuarial Foundation to strengthen, increase and sustain a diverse and high-quality pool of actuarial candidates.
The Actuarial Diversity Scholarship Program promotes diversity within the profession through an annual scholarship program for Black/African-American, Hispanic, Indigenous students from North America and the Pacific Islands.
All scholarships are payable at accredited educational institution in the United States. Recipients who attend school for part of the coming year (for example, one semester) will receive the corresponding portion of the scholarship amount for a full year.
Level/Field of Study
The Actuarial Diversity Scholarship 2022 award recognizes and encourages the academic achievements of full-time undergraduate students pursuing studies leading to a career in the actuarial profession.
The Actuarial Foundation is the philanthropic organization of the actuarial industry in the United States. Since 1994, the Foundation has been promoting mathematical education and financial literacy throughout life through its learning resources and scholarships.
The mission of the Foundation is to improve mathematics education and financial literacy through the talents and resources of actuaries. Also, the Foundation’s vision is for an educated public looking for a secure financial future.
Since 2004, the Actuarial Foundation has received unwavering support from US actuarial organizations.
Their trust and dedication to the Foundation’s mission are key to the ongoing growth and success of the institution as a philanthropist for actuaries in the United States.
The Actuarial Foundation ensures the future of the actuarial profession through its scholarship and reimbursement programs. Foundation grant recipients are chosen by representatives of the actuarial profession, who may one day be their peers.
These scholarships are not only a way to offset the costs of education, but they also serve as a prestigious recognition for a highly-rated profession.
Actuarial Diversity Scholarship Program gives priority to minority groups such as Blacks/African-Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans from North America and the Pacific Islands.
- The scholarship benefit will be divided to cover several semesters or other terms composing the academic year.
Award: $1,000 – first-year student; $2,000 – Sophomore; $3000 – Junior; $4,000 – Senior.
- Promotes inclusion and diversity in the actuarial profession.
To apply for the Actuarial Diversity Scholarships, applicants must:
- Have at least one biological parent who is a member of one of the following minority groups: Black/African-American, Hispanic, Native North American, Pacific Islander.
- Register or be registered as a full-time undergraduate student at an accredited educational institution in the United States.
- Have a minimum cumulative average of 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0), focusing on mathematics or actuarial courses.
- First-year university students must have a minimum math score of ACT 28 or SAT math score of 620.
- Intention to pursue a career in the actuarial profession.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should be sure to follow the application process outlined below:
All applications for the should be submitted on or before 1 March annually.
- Global Diversity undergraduate Scholarships
- SR Education Group Scholarships
- GWIS National Research Fellowship
- Undergraduate Scholarships for Health Students
- Global Diversity Scholarship Program for Masters Students in Germany