Archie Motley Memorial Scholarship
Midwest Archives Conference (MAC) is accepting scholarship application from the student of African, American Indian, Asian or Pacific Islander, or Latino descent. The aim of scholarship is to provide financial assistance to minority students pursuing graduate education in archival administration. The scholarship also encourage ethnic diversification of the Midwest Archives Conference and the archival profession as a whole. It presents annually two awards of $750 each.
Midwest Archives Conference (MAC) was founded in 1972. MAC is one of the nation’s largest regional professional associations for archivists.
- The applicant must be a student of African, American Indian, Asian or Pacific Islander, or Latino descent
- Currently enrolled in a graduate, multi-course program in archival administration or accepted into such a program for the next academic year.
- The applicant must also have a grade point average of at least 3.0 (based on a 4.0 scale) in their most recent academic year.
How to Apply:
To be considered for scholarship, the applicants must download the application form by the given link. Complete it and send it.
- Transcript from the applicant’s most recent academic program.
- Essay of not more than 500 words outlining the applicant’s interests and future goals in archival administration.
- Two letters of recommendation.
Mail completed application and related materials to:
Archivist and Associate Librarian
Franklin D. Schurz Library
Indiana University South Bend
P.O. Box 7111 South Bend, Indiana 46634 (574) 520-4392
The winner will get scholarship of $750 and complimentary 1-year membership to MAC.
Complete application is due by March
Link for More Information: