Hey there! There’s good news for you! You are looking for the Australia Awards Scholarships, right? Applications are now ongoing for it. Read on to learn more about this opportunity.
Every year, the Australian government offers admission into Australian universities through the Australian Awards scholarship program.
There are various reasons you need to study in Australia such as higher education standards and good scholarships.
In this post, I will give you the basic tips on how to apply for the ongoing Scholarship and also link you with the application form.
So, to get the most of this article, ensure you read carefully to the end.
Table of Contents Hide
- About Australia Awards Scholarships
- Specific details about the Australia Awards Scholarships
- Scholarship Benefits
- How to Apply for Australia Awards Scholarships Scholarship
- Required documents
- Application Deadline
- Application Link
- What To Do After The Australia Awards Scholarships Application
- Winner Selection and Disbursement of Funds
- Frequently Asked Questions For Australia Awards Scholarships
- We Also Recommend
About Australia Awards Scholarships
Australia Awards Scholarships are long-term awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
They aim to contribute to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements.
They provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
The study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships develop the skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to development in their own countries.
For all the specific details and information you would really require to successfully apply and win the Australian Award Scholarship, kindly follow me to the next section.
Specific details about the Australia Awards Scholarships
What you will find in this section are some specific details you will really require to successfully apply and win this scholarship. Kindly, carefully pay rapt attention to all of it.
Level/Field of Study
The sponsorship will be awarded in any degree subjects and is available to students pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
Australia Awards Scholarship is organized and hosted in Australia
Australian citizens are not eligible to apply for this opportunity. Only students from an international student from an Australia awards scholarship participating country are eligible to apply.
Students who wish to apply for this opportunity should ensure they meet the following requirements to be considered for the scholarship. Applicant must be:
- be a minimum of 18 years of age on 1 February of the year of commencing the scholarship;
- be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship;
- not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently;
- not be married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection or mobilization phases (note: residents of Cook Islands, Niue, and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible but must apply for a Student visa [subclass 500]);
- not be current serving military personnel;
- not have previously received a long-term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia (for example, a previous awardee who has been on an Australia Awards Scholarship in Australia for four years will not be eligible to apply for another Australia Awards Scholarship until they have resided outside Australia for eight years);
- have satisfied any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship (e.g. having worked a certain number of years in an appropriate sector);
- be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken (this may mean that Program Areas will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the institution’s admission requirements. This may not be known until Program Areas request a placement at selected institutions);
- be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs to hold a Student Visa. This may mean that the Program Area will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the visa requirements;
- Not be applying for a scholarship for a course of study at an academic level lesser than they have already achieved (eg be applying for a Master’s scholarship when they already hold a PhD)
Successful candidates who are awarded this scholarship will get to the following benefits:
How to Apply for Australia Awards Scholarships Scholarship
Kindly follow the steps given in this section to apply for this scholarship.
For more information, refer to the Applicant’s Online User Manual if you need help.
Below are some documents that are required of all applicants. All applicants should endeavour to provide all the required documents as missing out on any of them could lead to total disqualification.
- The highest degrees
- The highest certificates
- Employment referees
- Recommendation letters
- English proficiency certificate
- No objection certificate for public sector applicants
- Motivation letter
- Statement of Purpose
The application deadline for this scholarship is 20th, April. Ensure you apply on time to avoid last-minute complications.
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly apply through the application link below
What To Do After The Australia Awards Scholarships Application
After completing your online application, you will receive the admissions decision within a week if you submitted all the required documents.
Winner Selection and Disbursement of Funds
If you are shortlisted for the scholarship award, the Australia Awards office will notify you in your country. The Australia Awards office will then apply on your behalf so you need not apply directly to us.
Frequently Asked Questions For Australia Awards Scholarships
How Much Is Australia Awards Scholarships?
The bursary is worth about $1,000 and it will entitle you to many other benefits.
Who is Eligible For Australia Awards Scholarships?
All international students.
When will the winners of Australia Awards Scholarships be announced?
If you are successful for the scholarship, the Australia Awards office will notify you in your country.
Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships and fellowships funded by the Australian Government offering the next generation of global leaders an opportunity to undertake study, research, and professional development.
The study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships develop skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to the development outcomes of their own country.
However, there are many similar opportunities including scholarships abroad. So, you have to constantly visit our site in other to stay updated.
We Also Recommend
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response in the comment box. We will attend to you immediately.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.