If you are a student in one of the tertiary institutions in Nigeria, then I can guarantee that you have an interest in one of these 4 things.
You want to;
- Graduate with good grades. So, you need to get materials for your various school engagements and also help other students with useful study materials.
- Follow trends, news, and discussions from your school and other schools around you.
- Find, meet and connect with students and alumni of your school, starting with that your crush, down to having study sessions with the best student in your class or even planning a business with a strategic partner.
- Grow your brand/business within the student environment.
While you are still trying to select the one that you have the most interest in, let me tell you my story…
How I almost failed an important subject in school.
Being a student in Nigeria is hard. Anything can happen at any time without your knowledge.
A lecturer can wake up one morning and fix a class at any time.
At another time, your class rep may decide to be the devil and submit an assignment to the lecturer before you submit yours.
All of these things can be very frustrating.
I remember missing an assessment test for a very important subject in my department just because the lecturer fixed a class that I was not aware of.
That was 30 marks lost in thing air.
Luckily, I got a C in the subject.
Imagine that I was able to get some marks from the test to add to the score I got on my exam.
I would have gotten a sweet A and a boost in my GPA.
Unfortunately, too many bad things happen when you don’t know what is going on in school.
I’ve been there before and you probably have had similar experiences in the past where you missed a lecture or test or practicals because of a lack of information.
Well, today, we can forever put all of that in the past because of Schooln.ng.
Wait! What is Schooln.ng?
Schooln.ng is an education technology (edtech) solution that brings all your different social media apps together on a single platform and still allows you to learn.
It provides you with the best and more focused way of performing your regular social media activities as a Nigerian student.
Schooln.ng is on a mission to empower students to explore the beauty of schooling while connecting and growing together
The purpose of creating this solution is to encourage intentional learning, connection and growth among students of tertiary institutions.
Why do I need Schooln.ng app?
You need the Schooln.ng app because it can help you to enjoy schooling in Nigeria in many ways;
1. Stay informed and never miss an opportunity:
Do you remember my story of how I missed a test because I was not informed?
Well, not anymore.
I don’t have to wait for my friends to call me to notify me of a class or any update in school.
With the Schooln.ng app, I can follow trends, news and discussions in my school and other schools around me.
I can also share the latest gist happening in my school environment.
2. Find meet and connect with students and alumni:
Your tertiary institution is a good ground to meet new friends, create lasting partnerships or even gain internship opportunities with successful alumni.
Downloading the Schooln.ng app is the best and most effective way of achieving this.
It’s very easy to connect with students and alumni from your institution and other institutions. You just decide where you want them from.
3. Grow your brand/business:
We all know that the student community is a very huge market.
Now imagine being able to access several targeted student communities in just one app.
You can literally sell your products across multiple schools.
Schooln.ng helps you to build, grow and advertise your dream “student business” and brand to reach a wider audience.
4. Get School Resource:
We all know how difficult it is to excel in a subject with just one study material.
Now imagine that you can have access to as many related study materials as possible both from your classmates, alumni and even from other schools.
Now, isn’t that amazing?
How can I download the Schooln.ng app?
You can download the Schooln.ng app from Google Play Store as it is available to only android users for now.
After downloading the Schooln.ng app, sign up immediately by choosing a username and password.
After that, you can log in with your username and password to explore the world of opportunities that awaits you.
Make friends and connect with students from schools all around you.
Schooln.ng na for students wey sabi things.
- Ongoing Scholarships in Nigeria [UPDATED]
- Top 10 Most Expensive Universities in Nigeria
- Top 10 Globally-Ranked Oldest Universities In the World
- 30 Affordable And Shortest Doctoral Program Online
- 10 Accredited Homeschool Programs
- 15 Most Affordable Online PsyD Programs
- 15 Colleges For Financial Planning
- Nigerian Police Force (NPF): recruitment, Portal, Exams, Courses
- Nigerian Navy: Recruitment, Portal, Exams, Courses, Ranks
- Affordable Online Secondary Education Degree
- Top 20 Best International scholarships for Nigerian Students
- MTN Foundation Scholarships for Nigerian Students
- BEA Awards for Nigerians to Study Abroad, 2022 | APPLY
- MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme for Blind Students In Nigeria
- Federal Government Scholarship 2022 For Nigerians
What is Schooln.ng?
Think of it this way, up until recently, there has been no initiative to bring students of Nigerian tertiary institutions under one platform to foster academic growth and success in the most interesting way befitting of youths in the 21st century.
Schooln.ng was founded to promote eLearning amongst students of higher institutions in a fun and a very relaxing way through peer connection, focus groups and access to course materials from all institutions across Nigeria.
Who is it for?
This initiative was developed for students of institutions of higher learning in Nigeria. We are looking to grow to other higher institutions in Africa soon.
Is it a website or an app?
Schooln.ng is an app. Anyone can download it, sign up and own an account.
Is it available for Android and iOS?
The Schooln.ng app is only available for android users on the Google PlayStore for now. Development of the iOS version is currently ongoing and will be made available soon.
Why should I join?
As a student of any higher institution in Nigeria, Schooln.ng is offering solutions to all of your learning challenges like accessing course materials and understanding your course beyond your lecturer’s often vague explanations through access to focus groups organized by your peers to further break down each topic in your course.
And of course, there’s the social platform where you get to read and contribute to school gists, and connect with other students like you in your department, faculty, school or even with students in other schools in Nigeria.
The Schooln.ng app is an all in one app to ensure that students enjoy the benefits of social media while still engaging in learning practices to further understand their course and improve their grades.
How do I join?
There are just 3 steps:
- Uninstall the Schooln.ng Version 1 app and create some extra space on your mobile device (skip this step if you were not a Version 1 user)
- Open your Google PlayStore and search for “Schooln.ng”. Install and open the app.
- Sign up, create your account and fully set up your profile.
Do I get paid for using the app?
No. But premium users get some very juicy benefits including cashback rewards.
Why should I upgrade to Premium?
There are more than a few benefits of using a premium account on the Schooln.ng app and they include:
- Access to unlimited gists from any school at all.
- Unlimited peer connection i.e. sending and receiving peer requests.
- Ability to send direct messages to users you’re not peered with.
- Eligibility to download media and materials for offline use.
- Account monetization is a source of income through the upload of quality materials and content.
- Eligibility to cashback rewards through a standardized point gaining system.
- Unlimited business page exposure and visibility across all schools and platforms on Schooln.ng
- Allowance to send invites to users from other schools to follow your business page.
How do I upgrade to Premium?
Upgrading to premium costs just N1,500 monthly and is done in-app. Other premium subscription plans include the N4,050 package for 3 months (at a 10% discount) and N15,300 for 12 months (at a 15% discount).
Are there any hidden costs?
No. There are no hidden costs on the Schooln.ng app.
Where do the course materials come from?
We are promoting a system that encourages peer-to-peer learning. So anyone with any useful material can upload and make them available for all users. Premium users earn a cashback reward when other users read the materials they uploaded.
How can I make my gist/school/business trend?
It is very easy to make anything trend on Schooln.ng as the algorithm favours contents or gists with good enough engagement. Be it your business, your hot gist on your school campus or you’re running some awareness campaign or online protest of any sort.
There are 2 ways to achieve this:
- Choose a keyword or phrase for your content or gist and employ different ways to make your peers upload gists and content using the same keyword or phrase.
- Choose a #hashtag and use the same method above to ensure multiple gists or contents are uploaded using the same #hashtag.
How can non-students benefit from using the app?
If you are not a student and you are not interested in joining learning groups and gaining access to course materials, you can sign up on Schooln.ng to connect with students and alumni of your department, faculty, school or even other schools.
You can also create a business page on the Schooln.ng app, which will target students of any particular school or schools of your choice.
You can as well just create an account to stay updated on different gists from all the different schools in Nigeria.
Is the app available for all African schools?
Schooln.ng incorporates institutions of higher learning in Nigeria only for now. We hope to bring this same eLearning solution to every higher institution in Africa soonest.