Graduation is one of the best times to celebrate your success with your friends and family. Celebrate yourself for your significant accomplishment and new milestones you have achieved.
Whether you are graduating from high school, college, seminary, or any other type of academic pursuit, your graduation is a monumental period in your life and it brings about the changing of seasons, a time for a new adventure, and also new challenges.
Sometimes, graduates feel overwhelmed and anxious about what will be their next step of action, their new challenges, responsibilities, obligations, and their place in the world. It is not abnormal to feel this way as change sometimes can be so unpredictable.
While in the mood for graduation, you have a better way to usher your new season of life with different powerful and encouraging bible verses so you can keep your head high.
Here in this article, you will find some hand-selected scriptures that will mean a lot to you as a graduate and be a source of encouragement and blessing in your life.
A bible verse for graduation can be a source of inspiration, motivation, and perspective for the person who just graduated whether or not his or her faith is strong.
In this article, you will find a compiled list of scriptures for graduates to share with their loved ones.
Sharing these bible verses with them also gives you the opportunity to share your faith and some of the rich wisdom in the bible.
The list of graduation scriptures below includes verses that offer praise to God, thank God, and others that will help keep your loved one focused in the next chapters of his or her life.
Read more: 20 Bible Verses About Learning & Education
Scriptures For Graduates; Where will God take you?
After graduation, most people, especially the young ones, still have most life in front of them. They have spent a couple of years in school and in no time get to realize that the real world differs from sitting in a classroom as requires pragmatic efforts to succeed in it.
Many young people feel this sense of accomplishment when they finished their bachelor’s degree and felt like a heavyweight has been lifted off their shoulders.
However, they quickly come to learn that they would have to make their major decisions about their lives, career, family, and even where they are going to live by themselves, and these decisions will affect their lives greatly.
It is at this stage, that they really need love and support from you as a loved one. You can show at least little support by sharing these scriptures with them.
Bible Verse Themes in the Scriptures for Graduates
There are various themes you can look for when looking for bible verses to share with them. These themes include:
1. Future: These should be verses about their future path and where they can choose to end up. These kinds of verses provide divine guidance.
2. Wisdom: These verses are the ones that will provide a recent graduate with a great deal of knowledge and wisdom that God provides in the scriptures. True wisdom is not entirely about knowledge but how we use it and how we interact with others.
3. Family: If the new graduate intends to start a family, this verse can be of great help as it will teach them about walking with God and knowing that family is a priority.
4. Education: If your loved one is ambitious, they might pursue higher education. There are scriptures that touch on learning and listening.
5. Hard work: Is your loved getting ready to enter the workforce with his or her hands-on skills? There are scriptures about hard work and discipline.
6. Decisions: Decisions are a big deal for most graduates. A degree can help maximize the chances for success via qualifications to get a new job and promotions from an existing job. This kind of thing can impact their life.
30 Bible Verses for Graduates
1. Psalm 119:105-106: Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light on my own path. I have taken an oath and confirmed it and I will follow your righteous laws.
2. Isaiah 25:1: Lord, you are my god, you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago.
3. John 14:27: peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
4. Matthew 5:14: You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.
5. Proverbs 18:15: An intelligent heart acquires knowledge and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.
6. Daniel 2:23: I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors; you have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king.
7. Psalm 105:1: Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done.
8. Psalm 118:24: This is the day the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.
9. 1 Timothy 4:12: Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity.
10. Proverbs 1:7: The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.
11. Isaiah 58:11: The lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and strengthen your frame, you will be like a well-watered, like a spring whose waters never dry.
12. Philippians 4:4: Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again, rejoice. Let your gentleness be evident to all. The lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition. With thanksgiving, present your requests to god.
13. Proverbs 13:20: Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fool suffers harm.
14. James 1:12: Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
15. Proverbs 4:7: Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding.
16. Proverbs 13:4: The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied.
17. Philippians 2:14-15: Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world.
18. Proverbs 16:16: How much better to get wisdom than gold to get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver.
19. Philippians 3:13-14: Brethren, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it, but one thing I do; forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
20. Psalm 105:4: Look unto the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.
21. Proverbs 12:11: Whoever works his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follows worthless pursuits lacks sense.
22. Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
23. Deuteronomy 31:6: Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
24. Mark 12:30: Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
25. Proverbs 3:6: In all your ways, acknowledge him and he shall direct your paths.
26. Proverbs 24:14: So shall the knowledge of wisdom be to your soul; if you have found it, there is a prospect, and your hope will not be cut off.
27. Joshua 1:9: Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
28. Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
29. Isaiah 43:19: Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth, shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness.
30. 2 timothy 2:15: Be diligent to present yourself approved to god, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
How to Share Scriptures For Graduates
You may wonder how you will present your loved one with these graduation scriptures. There are several creative ways you can share them, which include:
1. In graduation card
2. In-text message (email or SMS)
3. Social media post or shout out
4. In a gift or flowers
6. On the graduation cap
7. In your graduation invitations or thank you cards
When you have a family or friend who is graduating, you will definitely want to celebrate them. You can do this via a large party, a family dinner, or maybe just sending a card or gift. Regardless of the means, you choose to celebrate them, offering scriptures for graduates can provide some inspiration and perspective.
The scriptures provide so much great advice that can help point us in the right direction god wants. These scriptures for graduates mentioned in this article can go a long way to motivate, inspire, humble and teach us about god’s best plans for us.
Pick one of the bible verses and celebrate their achievement. Don’t forget to share it in a creative way using the ideas mentioned here too.
Frequently Asked Questions
Proverbs 3:1-2 says “Do not forget my teaching, but keep my commandments in your heart, for they will prolong your life in many years and bring you peace and prosperity”
Graduation is the award of an academic degree or the ceremony that is sometimes associated with it.
According to the bible in Ephesians 2:10, academic excellence prepares us for the good works God has ordained that we should do.
You can say congratulations, caps off to you graduate, congrats, you did it
It will be a gracious gesture if you can afford to do so otherwise it is not a necessity.
- 167 Most Powerful Motivational Quotes for Students | Updated
- 20 BIBLE VERSES ABOUT VOLUNTEERING
- 10 Free Online Bible Courses with Certificates 2022
- 15 Best Daily Devotionals for College Girls in 2022
- 15 Best Online Bible Study Classes in 2022 | Paid & Free