Capernaum Scholarships for Zimbabwe, Burundi and Lesotho
The scholarship includes fees and tuition from early childhood to high school and has been running for the past 19 years. Our biggest programmes are currently running in Zimbabwe, Lesotho and Burundi. In Zimbabwe the scholarship supports eligible children in Grade 1 to Form 4. In Lesotho it offers scholarships to eligible children in Form A to Form D, while in Burundi the scholarship covers eligible children from Grade 1 to Grade 10.
- Orphaned children who have lost one or both parents
- Orphaned children who have lost a breadwinner
- Disadvantaged children with both parents but who are old and unable to fend for the children
- The applicants must be orphaned and disadvantaged children
- Applicants must be less than 21 years unless recommended by the Board of Trustees or Patrons
- Scholarships are restricted to day and boarding government, non-government and mission schools in Zimbabwe
- The Scholarship does not sponsor children undertaking their studies outside Zimbabwe unless authorized by the Patrons
- The Scholarship is valid until the student attains a tertiary qualification
- Applicant’s certified birth certificate.
- Deceased parent’s or guardian’s certified death certificate.
- School invoice and banking details showing the amount of fees to be paid.
- An affidavit in case of missing or no documents
- Where the beneficiary does not have the deceased’s death certificate, a letter from the school authorities or local leadership to confirm the child’s orphan- hood will suffice.