The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) is offering the Grants-in-Aid Program (Tulong Dunong Scholarship) to support college students with financial aid needed to pursue their academic dreams.
Filipino citizens are eligible to apply for this CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship Program. The program offers the needed financial help for college enrolment for the students.
Other CHED offers includes full and half merit scholarship under the Student Financial Assistance Program (StudFAPs), and student loan program under the Study Now Pay Later Plan (SNPLP).
Table of Contents Hide
- What is CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship?
- About the Sponsor: CHED
- What is education in the Philippines like?
- What is the Worth of this Tulong Dunong Scholarship 2022?
- Eligible Criteria for Tulong Dunong Scholarship 2022
- Tulong Dunong Scholarship Application Procedure
- Application Deadline for CHED Scholarship
- Author’s Recommendation
- Dominican University International Merit Scholarships in California USA, 2022
- University of Vermont Merit Scholarships for International Undergraduate Students
- The Excelsior Scholarship 2022 | Excelsior Scholarship Application Form
- S.T. Nankani Bursary Scheme In Ghana 2022
- Reedsy National Creative Writing Scholarship 2022
- Wells Fargo’s CollegeSTEPS Sweepstakes 2022
- Study in Cyprus: Tuition Fees, Cost of Living, Admission Requirements Plus List of Universities
- ISF Academy IB Diploma Scholarships in Hong Kong, 2022
- Mastercard Foundation Scholarships Scheme for International Students In 2022
What is CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship?
The CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship is intended for the high school graduates whose GWA is at least a passing grade and for graduating high school students whose GWA is at least a passing grade in the third year and in the three grading periods of the fourth year and who will enroll in identified priority courses in duly authorized public or private HEIs.
The TULONG DUNONG is a Grants-in-Aid (GIA) under the Student Financial Assistance Programs (StuFAPS) of Commission on Higher Education (CHED). This is intended for:
- High school graduates whose GWA is at least a passing grade and for graduating high school students whose GWA is at least a passing grade in the third year and in the first three grading periods of the fourth year and who will enroll in identified priority courses in duly authorized public or private HEIs.
- Students with earned units in college – whose weighted average is at least a passing grade for the last two (2) semesters and enrolled in identified priority courses in duly authorized public or private HEIs.
- Students who passed the Alternative Learning System (ALS) and the Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT).
About the Sponsor: CHED
The Commission on Higher Education is the governing body covering both public and private higher education institutions and degree-granting programs in all tertiary educational institutions in the Philippines.
To date, it has continued to provide poor and deserving Filipinos opportunities to quality higher education as articulated in its Long Term Development Plan provisions for “Access and Equity” with the establishment and maintenance of scholarship, grants-in-aid and loan programs.
Students with earned units in college whose weighted average is at least a passing grade for the last two semesters and enrolled in identified priority courses in duly authorized public or private HEIs.
What is education in the Philippines like?
There are almost 2,300 higher education institutions in the Philippines, the majority of which are private. Many universities are affiliated with Roman Catholicism, which reflects the country’s colonial past. Of the public institutions funded by the government, the national university, the University of the Philippines, receives the most funding.
Four top universities in the Philippines are ranked among the world’s best in the QS World University Rankings, with a further two featured in the QS Asia University Rankings. The top four are:
- University of the Philippines: Ranked joint 367th in the World University Rankings 2018 and 75th in Asia
- Manila University: The Ateneo de Manila University is a private research university that ranks 551-600 in the world rankings and joint 95th in Asia.
- De La Salle University: Next among the top universities in the Philippines, De La Salle University (DLSU) is ranked 701-750 in the world and 134th in the latest edition of the QS Asia University Rankings.
- University of Santo Tomas: The University of Santo Tomas (UST, also known as Pontifical and Royal University of Santo Tomas, or the Catholic University of the Philippines) is ranked 701+ in the world rankings and 157th in Asia.
Not only is the Philippines a beautiful country, but it also has one of the best higher education systems in Asia, ranked 46th in the first edition of the QS Higher Education System Strength Rankings.
Offering the opportunity to study in English at an affordable cost, the Philippines attracts over five thousand international students a year from across the globe, with most coming from other countries in East Asia.
What is the Worth of this Tulong Dunong Scholarship 2022?
The package of financial assistance to grantees shall be six (6) semesters for a three(3) year program, eight(8) semesters for a four(4) year program or ten(10) semesters for a five (5) year program.
The financial benefits of TDP scholarship cover tuition and other school fees as billed not to exceed Php12,000.00 per academic year. Financial Assistance for other programs includes;
- Full Merit Program – P15,000 per semester
- Half Merit Program – P7,500 per semester
- Study Now Pay Later Plan – P7,500 per semester
Eligible Criteria for Tulong Dunong Scholarship 2022
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this TDP Scholarship:
The CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship program is available for pursuing an undergraduate degree in any of the fields of studies in any of the Institutions.
The CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship is hosted by the Commission on Higher Education, Philippines.
This CHED Scholarship program is open to local high school graduate students in the Philippines who are intending to enroll in the college.
Tulong Dunong Scholarship Application Procedure
To apply for this CHED- Tulong Dunong Scholarship, applicants should follow the following procedures:
However, applicants who intend to enroll in State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) shall directly submit their StuFAPs Form 1 to the concerned SUCs.
Required Documents for TDP Scholarship
The following documents should be submitted together with the CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship form:
- CHED StuFAPs Application (OSS Form 01).
- Duly certified HighSchool Report Card for third year and grades for the first three grading periods for the fourth year.
- Latest Income Tax Return(ITR), Certificate of Tax Exemption or Copy of Contract/proof of income of parents/guardian from the Bureau of Internal Revenue.
- Certificate of good moral character from the high school principal/guidance counselor.
The incoming freshmen
- For the fourth year high school applicants – third year grades and first three grading periods of the fourth year;
- For high school graduates – fourth year Form 138
Applicants with Earned Units in College
- Certificate of grades in all subjects in completed semesters
For Other Applicants
- ALS – Accreditation and Equivalency Test Passer Certificate
- PEPT – Certificate of Advancing to the Next Level
Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents and Guardians
- For those who are exempted from filing income tax, a Certificate of Tax exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) should be submitted.
- For children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) and seafarers, the latest copy of contract or proof of income may be considered.
- Certificate of good moral character from the last school attended
You can begin the application by clicking on the link below:
Application Deadline for CHED Scholarship
Only application with complete documents will be included in the ranking and selection of beneficiaries.
For more information on this CHED Scholarship, interested applicants should click on the link below:
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.